UBS Arena: Westbound and Down (or something like that)

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
I don't think any of the food or drink in the local arenas are going to be worth the price you paid. I typically bring a few beers and a hero and tailgate for a little bit before the game.

Two Luke warm burgers no lettuce or tomato. One marginal order of fries two beers. 77 dollars.I know arena food is going to be a rip off but at least at Citifield there are some options for some decent fare.

JBHockey

Mar 12, 2012
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Two Luke warm burgers no lettuce or tomato. One marginal order of fries two beers. 77 dollars.I know arena food is going to be a rip off but at least at Citifield there are some options for some decent fare.

You have a great point, if someone is willing to pay for better food it should be available. I know there is a BBQ place, but I don't know if it is any good.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Beers are about $20 each so two burgers and fries for $37 is pretty normal.

there’s plenty of other stuff besides burgers.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
I used to hit up Corner Bakery before the games by Eisenhower Park. I think they closed down but man they had awesome food. I am all about drinking but I get 2 beers max at the games, I cant in good conscience spend that kind of money for a bud light. I was in London this fall for a Manchester United / Tottenham game and the beers were 5 quid (7.50 roughly USD) in plastic pints. You were NOT allowed to bring the beer to the seats. Security in every section. You can only drink in that area where alcohol was served. I was chatting with the security guard about this and he said this eliminates a lot of problems with drunkeness. Everyone is around each other and its orderly. You go sober up in the seats. This is something US Stadiums and sports should try to do instead of pushing 20 dollar cans of bud heavy.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I used to hit up Corner Bakery before the games by Eisenhower Park. I think they closed down but man they had awesome food. I am all about drinking but I get 2 beers max at the games, I cant in good conscience spend that kind of money for a bud light. I was in London this fall for a Manchester United / Tottenham game and the beers were 5 quid (7.50 roughly USD) in plastic pints. You were NOT allowed to bring the beer to the seats. Security in every section. You can only drink in that area where alcohol was served. I was chatting with the security guard about this and he said this eliminates a lot of problems with drunkeness. Everyone is around each other and its orderly. You go sober up in the seats. This is something US Stadiums and sports should try to do instead of pushing 20 dollar cans of bud heavy.
Somebody on this board mentioned that the Atlanta Falcons figured out that more people will buy more beers if they offered smaller servings at lower prices. I don't get the infatuation with stadiums selling tall boys that get warm before you finish it. Sell me a 12 ounce beer for $7.50 and I will buy 4 of them during a game. A $17 tall boy that causes me to spend $50+ at the concession stand and I'm done for the night.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Somebody on this board mentioned that the Atlanta Falcons figured out that more people will buy more beers if they offered smaller servings at lower prices. I don't get the infatuation with stadiums selling tall boys that get warm before you finish it. Sell me a 12 ounce beer for $7.50 and I will buy 4 of them during a game. A $17 tall boy that causes me to spend $50+ at the concession stand and I'm done for the night.

I think this is something that should be implemented in every US venue. You will always have the 1% of idiocy in large public places. Security steps in quick to isolate that. Going back to my London experience, the fact that they were cheap we enjoyed them quick and I didnt want to miss the actual game. I bought a pint, enjoyed it in the large viewing area where you can see the game on the field and TV's everywhere also. I had my 2 pints throughout the game and went back to my seat, I wanted to see it live. As for a smaller hockey arena, same process should apply. At the end of the day the majority of fans are not at a hockey game to get trashed.

Reactions: nyisles and MJF

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

My respect for you and Spurs Stadium will soar if you had a Boddington's at the game . . . and what's Darren Anderton up to these days?

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
My respect for you and Spurs Stadium will soar if you had a Boddington's at the game . . . and what's Darren Anderton up to these days?

I am a liverpool supporter. I was in UK for business, my brother flew out with me and is a ManU supporter. We drank endlessly and laughed at your teams misfortunes. Darren isnt a fan of Dele Ali. lol You had Jose as a coach and didnt give him what he needed to win. Sorry man

Go Islander lol

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I am a liverpool supporter. I was in UK for business, my brother flew out with me and is a ManU supporter. We drank endlessly and laughed at your teams misfortunes. Darren isnt a fan of Dele Ali. lol You had Jose as a coach and didnt give him what he needed to win. Sorry man

Go Islander lol

I lived in England for 18 months in the early 90's. It took me three weeks of working with a Liverpudlian to have a freaking clue what he was saying.

BTW, not a peep about the beer?

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
I lived in England for 18 months in the early 90's. It took me three weeks of working with a Liverpudlian to have a freaking clue what he was saying.

BTW, not a peep about the beer?

they served amstel in an amazing machine where the beer comes from the bottom of the cup. I was blown away by it. In Barclays Center those poor saps would waste 40% of the keg due to foam and terrible pours.

Yeah the further north you go, the less you understand them. Mancunies are also impossible to make sense of. I love England, its beautiful country. If the Islanders and the NHL ever go there, id go in a heart beat to watch the game.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
they served amstel in an amazing machine where the beer comes from the bottom of the cup. I was blown away by it. In Barclays Center those poor saps would waste 40% of the keg due to foam and terrible pours.

Yeah the further north you go, the less you understand them. Mancunies are also impossible to make sense of. I love England, its beautiful country. If the Islanders and the NHL ever go there, id go in a heart beat to watch the game.

I actually went to a pro game in Sheffield while there. Dan Dorion, a Rangers and Orland Kurtenbach's son Terry, a 1st round NHL pick, were playing for Nottingham against Sheffield. I NEVER understood the love for Sheffield while there, I thought it was basically Cleveland, while so many told me to avoid Leicester, which I thought was a great center city. Who knows . . .

It was fun explaining the finer points of the game to the fans I went to the game with.

Reactions: Dutch Frost

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Not sure where to ask but what do you need for tickets and getting in as far as far as vaccinated and testing. I’m vaccinated but my 8 year old isn’t, do they check anymore?

JBHockey

Mar 12, 2012
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Not sure where to ask but what do you need for tickets and getting in as far as far as vaccinated and testing. I’m vaccinated but my 8 year old isn’t, do they check anymore?

Currently 12 and up need to show proof of vaccination or negative covid test. They do look at your documents whether the actually read them I don't know and as for masks so far it has not been enforced.

Here is the link for UBS Safety & Sanitization - UBS Arena

JBHockey

Mar 12, 2012
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
I was going to head to the game early today can anyone tell me what kind of food the Belmont Hall has.

Edit: The web site say it has menu items from the Harrison in Floral Park just wanted to know if this is true.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I was going to head to the game early today can anyone tell me what kind of food the Belmont Hall has.

Edit: The web site say it has menu items from the Harrison in Floral Park just wanted to know if this is true.
It's a small selection of bar food. The Harrison Burger (really good), boneless wings, pretzels, nachos, etc.

Reactions: JBHockey

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Beginning tomorrow, January 25, 2022, all games during the week will have 90-minute doors and all weekend games will continue with two hour doors.

Reactions: RWWallpaper and MJF

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
How long before game time can you get tickets off Ticketmaster? Is there a cutoff time or can you go right up to puck drop?

JBHockey

Mar 12, 2012
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
How long before game time can you get tickets off Ticketmaster? Is there a cutoff time or can you go right up to puck drop?

If you have the ticket master app the mobile tickets are there as soon as you finish your purchase. I have purchased tickets a few hours before puck drop. I would think that as long as they are available for purchase it should be fine.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Trotters in Franklin Square (on 24 about 10 min east of arena) is your place for pregaming.

Thank me later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad