GDT: U18 WCH's in Örnsköldsvik and Umeå 18 April-28 April 2019

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Tell you what I had broberg in my top 10 he’s done nothing to hurt that status. May have improved it. Impressive kid at both ends of the rink.

Reactions: egelband

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Well podkolzin is saving his best game for his last. He may have a goal here but I don’t think they have a full view of that puck crossing the line

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Henriksson is Swedens best PKet, best FO man, best play-maker, his skating has great potential.

I doubt he will get past Detroit at 35.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
What a game for Raymond the underager. Hat trick game winner in OT on an absolute beauty of a shot

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Zion Nybeck, Noel Gunler, Lucas Raymond, Alex Holtz. Damn, Sweden will be well-represented at next year's draft

Yeah, and its needed that Sweden produces some forwards. Sure Elias Petersson and Willy Nylander doesn't suck. Ziba, Filip Forsberg. Gabe Landeskog and Elias Lindholm came a few years after them. 5-6 perfectly OK forwards. But the depth could be better and there could also be more top guys. Especially at center.

But we also have to wait and see a bit with both Gunler and Nybeck. Gunler needs to take another big step and Nybeck is darn small.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yeah, and its needed that Sweden produces some forwards. Sure Elias Petersson and Willy Nylander doesn't suck. Ziba, Filip Forsberg. Gabe Landeskog and Elias Lindholm came a few years after them. 5-6 perfectly OK forwards. But the depth could be better and there could also be more top guys. Especially at center.

But we also have to wait and see a bit with both Gunler and Nybeck. Gunler needs to take another big step and Nybeck is darn small.

Is this really it for the moment? I mean off the top of my head there are also an aging (gracefully) vet in Backstrom and serviceable Karlsson but it does look underwhelming compared to other nations.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

For the last few years I've been saying that a team made up of Russian goalies, Swedish D-men and Finnish forwards would be among the best ever. It's good to see Finland produce some D-men now and Sweden having some good forward prospects

Reactions: egelband

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
The post-tournament honors:

Most Valuable Player

Cole Caufield, USA

Directorate Awards

Best Goalie: Yaroslav Askarov, Russia
Best Defenceman: Philip Broberg, Sweden
Best Forward: Cole Caufield, USA

Media All-Star Team