U18 Russian team

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Sport-express are speculating that Khovanov won't be invited too. If in Denisenko's case I'm more or less fine with it, then here I'm worried, as center depth is something I didn't like so far. Unless Sorkin will be really good, of course.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Any projections of lines for this team, fellas?

Current top4 lines are the following:

Marchenko-Morozov-Iskhakov
Kizimov-Zhabreyev-Dorofeyev
Zavgorodniy-Sorkin-Rotenberg
Spiridonov-Mikhailov-Podkolzin

In case Svechnikov joins, he probably takese Dorofeyev's spot, but I could think that Dorofeyev could take Spiridonov's spot then.
If Khovanov joins, then probably he is centering the second line there and Zhabreyev is taking Sorkin's place.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Sport-express are speculating that Khovanov won't be invited too. If in Denisenko's case I'm more or less fine with it, then here I'm worried, as center depth is something I didn't like so far. Unless Sorkin will be really good, of course.
So there goes the speculation by the ever precise Sport Express. Khovanov is invited.

SergeyRus

Jan 12, 2018
Yegor Malyshev was appointed as team captain. Danila Galenyuk and Daniil Zhuravlev are "A"

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
In the end, no Svechnikov and Khovanov, totally not good for our chances, but I like that we will be able to see some new faces.

GK
Daniil Isayev
Mikhail Isayev
Amir Miftakhov
D
Danila Galenyuk
Anton Malyshev
Daniil Misyul
Nikita Okhotyuk
Alexander Romanov
Yegor Zamula
Bogdan Zhilyakov
Daniil Zhuravlyov
FW
Pavel Dorofeyev
Ruslan Iskhakov
Semyon Kizimov
Kirill Marchenko
Vladislav Mikhailov
Ivan Morozov
Vasiliy Podkolzin
Pavel Rotenberg
Maxim Sorkin
Yegor Spiridonov
Dmitriy Zavgorodniy
Alexander Zhabreyev

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
So like missing one star line Svechnikov - Khovanov - Denisenko? Looks like quite a lost. Will there be some streams from Championship?

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
If Russia cannot beat Slovakia, a distinct possibility, then whichever team in the other Group that finishes the prelim round second will almost certainly eliminate Russia in the QF. But then, even with a 2nd place finish, they would have to beat the USA or Sweden, which seems nearly as unlikely. Against competent opposition, they look to be totally outclassed.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
If Russia cannot beat Slovakia, a distinct possibility, then whichever team in the other Group that finishes the prelim round second will almost certainly eliminate Russia in the QF. But then, even with a 2nd place finish, they would have to beat the USA or Sweden, which seems nearly as unlikely. Against competent opposition, they look to be totally outclassed.

It's very possible Russia will face USA in quarterfinals
( Russia has still chance to finish 2nd place in group B).
USA is 3rd place in group A right now.

USA has had big problems with goalies and defence in their preliminary round games.
USA has scored 13 goals and allowed 14 which is a lot.

Of course this doesn't matter nothing in quarterfinals.
I think Russia has good chance to eliminate USA in quarterfinal.

But it'll be quite close game with small margins.
And what comes to Russia vs Slovakia game i believe Russia will win.

Reactions: Yakushev72

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
It's very possible Russia will face USA in quarterfinals
( Russia has still chance to finish 2nd place in group B).
USA is 3rd place in group A right now.

USA has had big problems with goalies and defence in their preliminary round games.
USA has scored 13 goals and allowed 14 which is a lot.

Of course this doesn't matter nothing in quarterfinals.
I think Russia has good chance to eliminate USA in quarterfinal.

But it'll be quite close game with small margins.
And what comes to Russia vs Slovakia game i believe Russia will win.

Well put! I hope you are right, but not much to be encouraged about based on the last 2 performances.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Well put! I hope you are right, but not much to be encouraged about based on the last 2 performances.

Russia played well vs Finland but this time Finland was slightly better.
Yes there was moments in Finland vs Russia game when Russia was clear underdog and Finland dominated the game.
But that doesn't matter anymore Slovakia is good team but i don't believe they can beat Russia.

kost12

Apr 23, 2018
How many are there players with bigger age in team Russia U18 now? Can anybody image?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
How many are there players with bigger age in team Russia U18 now? Can anybody image?

Didn't exactly understand what you mean, but if you mean 2001 borns, then there are two of those there: Podkolzin and Spiridonov.

Or do you mean players that are early 2000 born and are already 18 at this moment?

kost12

Apr 23, 2018
Didn't exactly understand what you mean, but if you mean 2001 borns, then there are two of those there: Podkolzin and Spiridonov.

Or do you mean players that are early 2000 born and are already 18 at this moment?
I meant players who U18 only according to the documents. In real life they usually older 1-2 years

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I meant players who U18 only according to the documents. In real life they usually older 1-2 years

Those kind of cases are usually much less frequent than new users that are speculating about it. ;) But really, it's not like it would be that easy on this level to fix passports (it's not a regional vodokachka league, you know), so if something can be done in that regards, it had to be done at a really young age.

But in terms of this team, I recommend anyone who has such a suspicions to compare player's photos to your own photos at the age of 18 and tell if anyone looks noticeably older. It takes some time (not too much though), but for some reason I noticed that people dissapear from those kind of arguments after it is done.

Btw, I also do this kind of comparison, but not because of any suspicions, but in hopes to better guess the biological age of the player and I can tell that from this team only Galenyuk looks older than me at the age of 18, but I think the reasons for that are quite obvious for anyone who have seen him.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Those kind of cases are usually much less frequent than new users that are speculating about it. ;) But really, it's not like it would be that easy on this level to fix passports (it's not a regional vodokachka league, you know), so if something can be done in that regards, it had to be done at a really young age.

But in terms of this team, I recommend anyone who has such a suspicions to compare player's photos to your own photos at the age of 18 and tell if anyone looks noticeably older. It takes some time (not too much though), but for some reason I noticed that people dissapear from those kind of arguments after it is done.

Btw, I also do this kind of comparison, but not because of any suspicions, but in hopes to better guess the biological age of the player and I can tell that from this team only Galenyuk looks older than me at the age of 18, but I think the reasons for that are quite obvious for anyone who have seen him.
It's not that complicated actually. One would have apply for a new birth certificate instead of a "lost" one. And obviously twist the date there. In most cases I imagine some traces would remain anyway. Maybe the league/s should install a checking procedure. If say a player ever applied for a new birth certificate or passport(outside the usual times like passport at 14) a standard procedure should apply to check his papers from the get go, i.e. birth.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
It's not that complicated actually. One would have apply for a new birth certificate instead of a "lost" one. And obviously twist the date there. In most cases I imagine some traces would remain anyway. Maybe the league/s should install a checking procedure. If say a player ever applied for a new birth certificate or passport(outside the usual times like passport at 14) a standard procedure should apply to check his papers from the get go, i.e. birth.

But that's what I mean actually, for example, the recent speculation about Svechnikov, we can open r-hockey and trace his stats since 2009/2010. More or less the same I think applies for everyone I have checked so far.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
But that's what I mean actually, for example, the recent speculation about Svechnikov, we can open r-hockey and trace his stats since 2009/2010. More or less the same I think applies for everyone I have checked so far.
I meant some very real non-hockey traces, like original birth registration for example. Hard to imagine parents forging those at birth.

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
Is the coach on U-18 so defensive minded, that he use two d-man on 3 vs 3 most of overtime. I think also Ishkakov and Spiridonov can use more scorer like Podkolzin,then grinder type Sorkin. But I am just regular fan, not a coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad