U17 World Hockey Challenge

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
View attachment 765720

I think it's fair to say that HF hates the OIl and are really enjoying watching our collapse!lol

Sphinx is a great analogy! I was sad Dobes has had a rough start. And Mysak.
lol......that's priceless.

I get my buddy here going all the time, I never let him think I'm enjoying it and then he will be doing the dishes or something and I'll quip............................."that friggin Bouchard has gotta stop being on the wrong side of the puck soon eh?|

and then he goes off on another tangent for 15-20 minutes or possibly never stop if I didn't cleverly manouvre out of there with some topic that can break his concentration on the horror that is the Edmonton oilers.

He's slamming dishes into the sink with mid range violence.

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Benak confusion aside...

This has been a very successful tourney.

We have now beat both Canadas and Finland in the span of a week.

I don't care if we lose the next 2 games 10-0.. it's been a very successful tournament!

Reactions: Svedu

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I see we have the US in the semi... I say play the backup! Gear up for a Bronze.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I don't know what else to write about it. Someone in Canada is making fun of us.
So not only do we have to pay for the children's matches... we were also supposed to play against Sweden according to the pre-given scenario. The Canadian site hnlive.ca even confirmed it. And now it's on the schedule that we're playing the USA. One can assume that the only explanation is that the venerable organizers decided that the USA vs. Canada match in the semifinals did not suit them and simply changed the schedule to suit them.

Benak confusion aside...

This has been a very successful tourney.

We have now beat both Canadas and Finland in the span of a week.

I don't care if we lose the next 2 games 10-0.. it's been a very successful tournament!
2x 0:10? Let's not be so immodest. 0:15 is better:wedgie:

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I don't know what else to write about it. Someone in Canada is making fun of us.
So not only do we have to pay for the children's matches... we were also supposed to play against Sweden according to the pre-given scenario. The Canadian site hnlive.ca even confirmed it. And now it's on the schedule that we're playing the USA. One can assume that the only explanation is that the venerable organizers decided that the USA vs. Canada match in the semifinals did not suit them and simply changed the schedule to suit them.

2x 0:10? Let's not be so immodest. 0:15 is better:wedgie:
They fed us to the wolves.

Good learning experience though and maybe we can sneak out that bronze.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Another explanation is the top seed might get to choose who they play?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Another explanation is the top seed might get to choose who they play?
I don't know, probably not. The system of the tournament was also announced in advance on the official Czech hockey server. After the win over Finland, the article again confirmed that we avoided the USA thanks to the result of the second game and we are playing a more acceptable opponent, Sweden. It's very strange.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I also don't understand why Czechs got USA instead of Sweden, but honestly, whatever. Any medal would be a nice bonus, the most important takeaway for me is the fact this Czech team can be competetive.

As for Benak, I have only seen a single period (1st one from the 1st game of the tournament) and he could have had three points in that period alone. He does seem to be struggling a bit in some way, but his lack of points is a result of his teammates not converting and him being unlucky (his most most common linemate and a supposed 'sniper' Novotny has zero goals and Benak himself hit at least two posts.)

This has been a good tournament for the Czechs.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Knowing in advance that after sixty minutes the match will be tied, I take it all ten.. but this.. Brutal loss.
Right. I was checking the score after I woke up this morning And saw 5:4ot, So I was like yeah good game from czechs.

The I saw that the US scored equalizer freakin one second before the end And was completely pissed lol.

Such a bad luck

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Those highlights were not devastating at all.

I'd like to thank hockey canada for not making it watchable... I probably would've broken my TV.lol

Zahesky and Novonty were looking pretty good. So was Benak.

That backhand pass went through about 5 sticks/bodies and landed on the tape. Amazing pass and incredible bad luck.

We always seem to lose on a stupid mistake in 3 on 3... Kulich at Xmas, Kos at Hlinka and now Pekar here.lol

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
FTR... great tournament. We took the US to OT, beat both Canadas and Finland. Now we have a chance for Bronze. WIn or lose... great tourney and it looks like a promising group going towards draft. US beat us 10-2 and we took them to OT in rematch. Swedes also whipped us but I'm hoping we can give them a closer match today.

From a Czech perspective.. what a sporting morning...

Finland in 7 minutes at EHT
Sweden in 57 minutes at U17
Billy Jean Cup vs Canada in 7 minutes

My kids will have to go fatherless for a few hours.haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad