Tyutin or Komisarek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
From what I can see is that NYR fans would take Tyutin and Habs fans would take Komi... Pretty normal cause the two have huge upsides and are build to be fan favorite.

SinceI'm an Habs fan, I would take Komi because I think that he has the same defensive and offensive upsides as Tyutin, but I think he's more an hard hitting Dmen. But like I said, I'm a little biased...

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Garp said:
From what I can see is that NYR fans would take Tyutin and Habs fans would take Komi... Pretty normal cause the two have huge upsides and are build to be fan favorite.

SinceI'm an Habs fan, I would take Komi because I think that he has the same defensive and offensive upsides as Tyutin, but I think he's more an hard hitting Dmen. But like I said, I'm a little biased...

I don't think he's more hard hitting at all.

They used to call Fedor Rootin' Tootin' because he used to cream guys into the boards all the time. He can throw MONSTER hits out there and he has in the AHL. He was extremely physical. Not as much in the NHL, but the guy only played 20 some-odd games at the top pro level. He is also a better skater - one of the better ones on the Rangers as a whole.

They're both damn good prospects. And I think it's a wash. I'd simply keep Fedor since he was a NYR draft pick and I'd love to have a great OWN draft pick down the roads. Talent and potential... I think it's a wash, though.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I'd take Tyutin. Komisarek has just not impressed me at all when he's been in the NHL. Granted, he's still young, but I haven't seen it yet. I also haven't seen this so-called "mean" streak of his.

Tyutin, on the other hand, was great for an awful Rangers team towards the end of last season and I think he'll continue to improve.

Next Best Thing*

SensGuy said:
I'd take Tyutin. Komisarek has just not impressed me at all when he's been in the NHL. Granted, he's still young, but I haven't seen it yet. I also haven't seen this so-called "mean" streak of his.

Tyutin, on the other hand, was great for an awful Rangers team towards the end of last season and I think he'll continue to improve.

Then I guess you missed that rib shattering check he gave Joe Thornton which turned the tide for the habs. That put him in his place.

db23

SensGuy said:

Komisarek hasn't had much chance to impress in the NHL. Habs had a very deep veteran defence. There were 8 defencemen with at least four years in the NHL ahead of him at the start of the year.

Montreal couldn't afford to throw him out there with nothing to lose the way the Rangers could with Tyutin at the end of the season. The past two seasons the Habs have been in a fight for the playoffs until the end. Komo's instructions were basically - "don't screw up and don't take an ecessary penalty" when he did get on the ice.

He isn't a goon, but he is as tough as he needs to be. He took Andre Roy in one of his first NHL games.

Last edited by a moderator:

RANGERDIEHARD

Jul 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
I would take Komisarek. The only problem I have with Komi is that he hasn't progressed as quick as I thought he would, while Tyutin's progress has been great. Komi's decision making is suspect at times and when he's pressured, he doesn't make the best of choices. Tyutin on the other hand has shown poise with the little time he has had in the NHL. It will be interesting to see how these two pan out. Right now I would take Komisarek - a giant off a defenseman with good mobility, but by an extremely thin margin.

Sammy*

Next Best Thing said:
Then I guess you missed that rib shattering check he gave Joe Thornton which turned the tide for the habs. That put him in his place.
Geez, one 'lil check.
Yep, one check should really turn the tide in this debate. :joker: :joker:

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Tyutin so fast it'd make your head spin. I see Tyutin as a potential #1 man who can play in all situations but is primarily a shutdown man. I see Komisarek as a #4 with size a-la Luke Richardson but a bit quicker and less mean.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Jay Thompson said:
Tyutin so fast it'd make your head spin. I see Tyutin as a potential #1 man who can play in all situations but is primarily a shutdown man. I see Komisarek as a #4 with size a-la Luke Richardson but a bit quicker and less mean.
Scary, considering that Komi was a top ten pick, and Tyutin was a second rounder. Finally, the Rangers did something right! :amazed: :amazed: :amazed:

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Jay Thompson said:
youre basing this on how many komisarek games(seriously) ?

db23

You can't say one will be obviously better than the other. Their style of play, background, etc. are quite different. Also the situations they are moving into. The Rangers are obviously going to go with a bunch of kids for awhile, so Tyutin should get all sorts of playing time right off the top. Tyutin could be the #1 defenceman in N.Y. and Komisarek #4 in Montreal without there being any difference in their talent.

Where they both played equal time at the same age in the AHL Komisarek clearly had a better season. He was the Hockey New's choice as top Minor League Player a year ago, even though he was a 20 year old just out of college hockey.

nyr5186

May 12, 2002
New Orleans
Visit site
Both players have very good potential in the NHL, but I'd have to go with Tyutin, mostly because I've seen him play much more than Komisarek. Fedor's an all-around defenseman with very few flaws in his game. He doesn't have any specific part of his game that stands out, but he's just solid in everything he does. He has good size, plays smart and physical, skates like the wind, has very good puck skills, good shot. I'd say his offensive potential is somewhere around 50 points, which these days is top 10 in the league. Plus he's mature beyond his years. He's got franchise defenseman written all over him. Somebody you can trust on your 1st pairing for the next 12-15 years.

db23

Tyutin seems a lot more similar to another Montreal defence prospect to me. Ron Hainsey. Hainsey is about the same size, same style, had similar success as a 20 year old in the AHL. Both are left handed and like to rush the puck.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i think tjutin will be a better NHL player than AHL player...comparing his play on both levels, he really elevated his play in the NHL compared to the AHL. for whatever reason i think it suits him better and he'll do better at that level

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Kryoptix said:
youre basing this on how many komisarek games(seriously) ?

I've seen him play quite a bit. Even in Hamilton for the Bulldogs several times. Sorry Habs fans. I love some of your prospects (Perezhogin is going to be a big-time stud, suspension or not, and Higgins looks like a good guy too), but Komisarek will not be the guy you think he'll be. I simply don't think he's smart enough. Good toolset, not a good toolbox.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
db23 said:
Tyutin seems a lot more similar to another Montreal defence prospect to me. Ron Hainsey. Hainsey is about the same size, same style, had similar success as a 20 year old in the AHL. Both are left handed and like to rush the puck.
Ron Hainsey hasn't looked as good in the NHL as Tyutin has though.

mad chemist

Jun 24, 2004
quebec city
if you want to compared komisarek to one player i think that the playoff robyn regher would be a nice comparaison because of size, mobility, maybe komisarek has a little more offesive but he didn't show that part very much since he's inthe nhl but i'm very high on komo so...

db23

SensGuy said:
Ron Hainsey hasn't looked as good in the NHL as Tyutin has though.
Hainsey hasn't really had the chance. If he was property of the Rangers at this point, I'm sure he would be getting a regular shift as well, but the Habs have always had a lot of experienced vets ahead of him on the blueline. He started last season in Montreal, but he was playing as the seventh defenseman behind Quintal, Brisebois, Souray, Markov, Rivet and Bouillon all of whom had been NHL regulars for a few years at least. As it was he had to beat out two more experienced vets in Dykhuis and Traverse for that spot. He was only getting 10-15 minutes playing time when he dressed. Same with Komisarek when he was called up. Claude Julien is a pretty conservative coach and went with the safe alternative. If you throw a guy into the lineup on a regular basis with nothing to lose, he is going to look a lot better, I think.

In the AHL and at the WJC when he was the same age, Hainsey did at least as well, and statistically at least, better than Tyutin. A lot depends on the circumstances.

little a from da bx

Jun 18, 2004
db23 said:
how can u even attempt to compare the two of them, hainsey from what i understand is not even close to nhl ready, and has mtl even doubting what he can do. maybe there games are similar but tyutin plays it better, thats a fact obviousley hes in the nhl and hainsey is not. so id rather take tyutin over komi, tyutin is an all around guy, and very mature defensively which many young guys are not. tyutin will round out to be the better all around player than komi will, my choice tyutin.and PLEASE dont compare tyutin to hainsey thats like comparing komi to lawrence nycholat, even though not as big, they play the same type of game can play nasty and put up ok points.... but u wouldnt compare the two because komi is the better player. so my point dont compare elite nhl defenseman to very strong future ahl'ers or in hainseys case a #4 or 5 dman on a young team, but in all honesty i would take hainsey from mtl and give him a shot in nyr since they are rebuilding.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Komisarek looked real tough when Andrew Peters steamrolled him. Mike got up and skated as hard as he could to the bench. Good moments.

Ohh yeah, he was playing foward at the time, because you know, he has sucked in the NHL thus far.

little a from da bx

Jun 18, 2004
db23 said:
You can't say one will be obviously better than the other. Their style of play, background, etc. are quite different. Also the situations they are moving into. The Rangers are obviously going to go with a bunch of kids for awhile, so Tyutin should get all sorts of playing time right off the top. Tyutin could be the #1 defenceman in N.Y. and Komisarek #4 in Montreal without there being any difference in their talent.

Where they both played equal time at the same age in the AHL Komisarek clearly had a better season. He was the Hockey New's choice as top Minor League Player a year ago, even though he was a 20 year old just out of college hockey.
who seem to foget , komi has lived in n.a and has played this type of game, tyutin came from russia adapted here did just as well as komi. komi didnt do that much better inh all honesty. and as far as it goes tyutin is working out to be the better player, in my eyes. dont forget like i said tyutin came here from russia and seems to adapted quicker to the n.a style and nhl style than komi has, so i can see u will debate every time , your a habs fan u will choose komi and nyr fans will choose tyutin . its all about who we see more so we know the game style that our teams rookies play. but what also confuses me is u said u would choose komi he puts up better #'s etc... but then in a post l;ater u state u can not compare the 2 because of different situations, so how can u say komi will be better, u said it your self , having 2 different comments on one topic, your confusing your own self , seems like you are doing and saying anything to defend komi

iamcaper

Garp said:

I'm a Habs fan and even though I love the fact that Komy is a Habs prospect, I would still say Tjutin

db23

I would take Komisarek without question if I had to choose between the two, but that doesn't mean I don't think that Tyutin is and will be a good NHL player. All I said was that you get different things from each player, and it's difficult to say that one is "better" than the other. Tyutin is a lot more comparable to Hainsey. The fact that Tyutin finished the season in the NHL and Hainsey didn't has more to do with Montreal's depth on defence than anything else. Hainsey still has more NHL experience than Tyutin. Ron had a better season in the AHL at the same age, and was more impressive at the WJC at the same age. They are exactly the same size.

As for Tyutin playing in Russia, it is an advantage because he played against pros since he was 17. He also has played two years in North America so I think he is pretty well adjusted to the style. I would take Komisarek because he is a unique combination of size and skill that only comes along every few years. There is at least a couple of defencemen every year similar to Tyutin. This year you had Cam Barker and A.J. Thelen who are similar and will be every bit as good as Tyutin. Find another Mike Komisarek in the last 3 years.

little a from da bx

Jun 18, 2004
db23 said:
I would take Komisarek without question if I had to choose between the two, but that doesn't mean I don't think that Tyutin is and will be a good NHL player. All I said was that you get different things from each player, and it's difficult to say that one is "better" than the other. Tyutin is a lot more comparable to Hainsey. The fact that Tyutin finished the season in the NHL and Hainsey didn't has more to do with Montreal's depth on defence than anything else. Hainsey still has more NHL experience than Tyutin. Ron had a better season in the AHL at the same age, and was more impressive at the WJC at the same age. They are exactly the same size.

As for Tyutin playing in Russia, it is an advantage because he played against pros since he was 17. He also has played two years in North America so I think he is pretty well adjusted to the style. I would take Komisarek because he is a unique combination of size and skill that only comes along every few years. There is at least a couple of defencemen every year similar to Tyutin. This year you had Cam Barker and A.J. Thelen who are similar and will be every bit as good as Tyutin. Find another Mike Komisarek in the last 3 years.
just curious, what is so special about komisarek? i mean yeah he is a good prospect, upside kyle mclaren which is great to have ( i wouldnt compare him to lidstrom oir blake thats quit high ). but he is still young so u shouldnt be putting to high a roof on the kid.plus every first round prospect has a comparisonm to a great nhl player. in my opinion komi will turn out to be a # 4 d man putting up 35 - high 40 points a season, i see him like mclaren , but im yet to see this skill u claim comes around every 3 or 4 years. i see it now with tyutin , he is talented all around defensively and offenmsively, great shot form the point, can play physical and does have good size i beleive around 6' 3" 215 or so. he will be a franchise player. io feel once komi steps up and gets big time he will be a franchise player for mtl, like i said mcclaren upside
Tyutin = mattias ohlund,
komisarek = kyle mclaren

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
little a from da bx said:
just curious, what is so special about komisarek? i mean yeah he is a good prospect, upside kyle mclaren which is great to have ( i wouldnt compare him to lidstrom oir blake thats quit high ). but he is still young so u shouldnt be putting to high a roof on the kid.plus every first round prospect has a comparisonm to a great nhl player. in my opinion komi will turn out to be a # 4 d man putting up 35 - high 40 points a season, i see him like mclaren , but im yet to see this skill u claim comes around every 3 or 4 years. i see it now with tyutin , he is talented all around defensively and offenmsively, great shot form the point, can play physical and does have good size i beleive around 6' 3" 215 or so. he will be a franchise player. io feel once komi steps up and gets big time he will be a franchise player for mtl, like i said mcclaren upside
Tyutin = mattias ohlund,
komisarek = kyle mclaren
I have watched all Komisarek since he started in the nhl .. i've seen his poor games and his best.. i've seen him make 3/4 defenseman rush ala Jovanovski,Niedermeyer ..and it was crazy .. he missed to scores all the times.. but most of the times it was because the goalies made an incredible save or because he wanted to do too much ..
he has a good slapshot... around 98mph .. but he needs to use it more and release it a little bit faster(come with time.. look at souray), he always try to punish the opponent but sometimes it put him out of position ... he makes 1 or 2 big hits and around 5 solid hits a game ... he's fearless .. willing to drop the gloves with anybody ... he never lost a fight in the nhl(from now) ..

what he needs to do to reach his potential ... one word: CONFIDENCE !! he has all the tools but he's shy to use his offensive skills .. he want to keep his place in the lineup so he try to play it safe ... he also want to impress the staff and fans with big hits.. but IMO he should not force himself to for the big hits.. but more to wait and see the perfect time to hits .. ala stevens...

IMO he could turn like Jovanovksi in few years(#1 D with a mean streak) ..
he can definately turn out like hatcher(#2 Denfensive D)..
and at really worse(his current level).. he'll be like Gauthier (physical 3/4 D)

Tyutin i like him a lot ... from the games i've seen of him.. he's not affraid to help the rush and provide offense... he's also a reliable D... (i like the Ohlund comparison personally)

to mizral(Jay Thompson) : you compare komisarek with Richardson .. but Komisarek is 1 billion time faster than Richardson and he's 25 pounds heavier... unless komisarek broke his both legs and foot .. i dont see nothing similar between Komisarek and Richardson.. you need to explain me this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad