Value of: Tyson Barrie

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Depending on who the Oilers draft , maybe RNH . Then maybe one of our other D for a winger

Barrie for RNH
Nurse for Hoffman
Draft a C
Try an dump a couple of short contracts and sign a couple of cheap UFA winger

Klefbom Larsson
Sekera Barrie
Jones Russell

Maroon McDavid Puljujarvi
Hoffman Draisaitl Chiasson

PP1

Hoffman McD Draisaitl
Barrie Klefbom

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Would Tampa be interested in Barrie for JT Miller plus 2020 2nd plus cap dump?
(Can a team trade a buyout cap hit like Carle?)

No, we wouldn’t. The whole idea behind trading Miller is to free up cap space to pay Point; add in the fact that our top four is already set going forward and there’s just no reason for us to have any interest in Barrie.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
Barrie scores at a better rate then nuge and kadri, get out of here with those offers. Why would we downgrade?

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Depending on who the Oilers draft , maybe RNH . Then maybe one of our other D for a winger

Barrie for RNH
Nurse for Hoffman
Draft a C
Try an dump a couple of short contracts and sign a couple of cheap UFA winger

Klefbom Larsson
Sekera Barrie
Jones Russell

Maroon McDavid Puljujarvi
Hoffman Draisaitl Chiasson

PP1

Hoffman McD Draisaitl
Barrie Klefbom

AVs and Oilers could expand the deal and help with the Cap Problems.

Barrie
Kamenev
Ghetto
Barberio

For

RNH
Puljujarvi
2019-1st (top 5 protected)
Sekera
Gagner

Oilers would free up approx $7M in Cap space and adding 2 of each DMen and Wingers.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
AVs and Oilers could expand the deal and help with the Cap Problems.

Barrie
Kamenev
Ghetto
Barberio

For

RNH
Puljujarvi
2019-1st (top 5 protected)
Sekera
Gagner

Oilers would free up approx $7M in Cap space and adding 2 of each DMen and Wingers.
Yea no way Edmonton goes for that. The other 3 pieces doesn't even come close to the value of a 1st round pick.

Reactions: Bruhin and Meeqs

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Cap Dump for absorbing $7M in dead money.

Still way off imo, a top ~7-10 pick and RNH is worth more than Barrie and Sekera and Pulj is worth significantly more than Kam and Kerf especially with both requiring raises. Barberio for Gagner probably helps the Oilers a bit, but not enough to make up for the rest.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Still way off imo, a top ~7-10 pick and RNH is worth more than Barrie and Sekera and Pulj is worth significantly more than Kam and Kerf especially with both requiring raises. Barberio for Gagner probably helps the Oilers a bit, but not enough to make up for the rest.

Oilers need to dump salaries, but they need to offer some incentive.

Barrie for RNH 1 for 1 is reasonable. Doubt this happens as the Oilers have little cap space to extend his contract. A cap dump is needed.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Edm has tried to get Barrie for RNH in the past and it has been shot down by the Avs so I'm not sure the situation is that different now, granted a lot of that will depend on what happens at the draft and maybe even UFA.

Kadri for Barrie would involve some complications for Tor that I don't think they would do but it also wouldn't surprise me too much.

My guess is its still a futures deal but it should be interesting to see how everything unfolds once the Avs season ends, whenever that may be.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Yes, but with limited ice time like I said, and 3rd line wingers themselves, you can’t expect Kadri to produce great numbers with a dinosaur and a middle six winger. Kadri for Barrie would be a perfect swap.

I wouldn’t necessarily call 16+ minutes a night “limited ice time”. If you’d like to make the argument it’s deployment issue I can wrap my head around it more. Now if Kadri can’t be expected to produce with middle six wingers what exactly does he require to produce? Most teams can’t offer up a top line winger to play on the second/third line and if he can’t produce with middle six wingers I’d prefer to stay away from him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Barrie for Kadri would be a mistake for CO, and I don't know if Barrie is the type of Dman(defensively challenged, soon to be expensive) that TOR should be targeting. If they made a move like that it would certainly show that they are taking the "Score your way to a Cup" approach more seriously than any team since the early Oilers.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Leafs wont go into draft without their 2019 1st or 2nd.. even then Leafs fans will argue Kadris term and caphit doesnt need a + attached. Barrie will command a big 6yr deal at $6.5 million at minimum.
I think Barrie might get more. He scores tons of points, and point scorers get paid.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think Barrie might get more. He scores tons of points, and point scorers get paid.

No doubt, not arguing Barrie wont get paid but Kadri has better term at a better caphit and as much as he's a 3C in TOR, COL view him as a 2C stopgap until Jost or possibly their OTT 1st pick is ready.

Just feel the gap between what Barrie will get on his new deal lowers his value a bit and it's not like Kadri has fallen off a cliff. He still has 3 years left and can still be a 25g/50+pt guy on a 2nd line.

Just hope Barrie goes to a team not named FLA.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad