Proposal: Tyson Barrie to winnipeg for a 1st!!

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
This. The Jets would be stupid to move a 1st for a rental like this. Makes no sense for WPG.
hey dude look at the cap space he's making 2.5 m only I think he's worth at least a 1st and if Winnipeg knew he was available I think they would jump at the chance, but the other part I would not go for the manson deal of a 1st plus plus, no way, his game has gone into a spiral at the moment..

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
barrie is probably the last player the leafs would trade if the goal is to make the playoffs, they literally have no healthy bodies that can replace him. what a horrid offer. LOL

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
hey dude look at the cap space he's making 2.5 m only I think he's worth at least a 1st and if Winnipeg knew he was available I think they would jump at the chance, but the other part I would not go for the manson deal of a 1st plus plus, no way, his game has gone into a spiral at the moment..

hey dude, watching every single game the Jets play they are not really contenders this year. Why waste a 1st on a rental? It's pretty common sense why it's stupid for the Jets.

No Jet fan on this thread has said he's not worth a 1st, maybe more from a contender. It's not worth it for the Jets, who just as easily could be picking in the top 10.

Reactions: Hockey 4 Life

BearsofBeantown

Jun 25, 2018
Jets get Tyson Barrie

Leafs get Winnipeg 1st round pick and Anthony Bitteto.

Leafs recoup a draft pick considering they're trading most of them away.

Given Barrie isn't the perfect fit for the Jets, paying a 1st rounder isn't likely in the books on this one. Not to mention the Leafs are in the hunt for a playoff spot, hurting what is already their worst position on the team....would be a bit silly (even with him likely leaving to UFA this season).

Reactions: Snowman

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
You would probably not get a first for him. Stanley cup teams want defenseman not forwards that play defense lol
Oh yeah, teams don't want 50+ point defensemen, Washington trading a 1st and a 2nd for Kevin Shattenkirk never happened it was a hoax. Erik Karlsson never dragged his team to the conference finals! Barrie obviously isn't Karlsson, but this is an outrageously silly take.

Why are people so aggressive at turning their brains off when it comes to Maple Leafs players? Of course Tyson Barrie would get a first, he'd be the best defenseman on the market by a mile and is making 2.75m.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Oh yeah, teams don't want 50+ point defensemen, Washington trading a 1st and a 2nd for Kevin Shattenkirk never happened it was a hoax. Erik Karlsson never dragged his team to the conference finals! Barrie obviously isn't Karlsson, but this is an outrageously silly take.

Why are people so aggressive at turning their brains off when it comes to Maple Leafs players? Of course Tyson Barrie would get a first, he'd be the best defenseman on the market by a mile and is making 2.75m.
Did Kevin shattenkirk win them a cup? Did they resign him. Does he get used in York. Playoff teams contenders need defense. I'm sorry the doesn't mesh with getting a 1st ect but it's the truth.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

I think the truth is in this thread some posters may think/just say he’s not worth a 1st. Then you have Jets fans saying he’s not a great fit style wise for the Jets and giving up a 1st for a bad fit during a season filled massive injuries on the Jets doesn’t make sense. PS: I’m in the latter group, he’s a poor fit on the team, albeit he’s a good offensive D (just happens that’s not what the team needs).

Reactions: BearsofBeantown

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I’m not going to comment on if the jets or leafs should do the trade, but it’s clear fair value. Barrie would fetch a first at the TDL

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Literally everybody and their brother knew Shattenkirk wasn't signing anywhere but NYR.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Saying Barrie isn’t worth a first plus at 2.85 or 2.75 is a joke. Guy has averaged .75+ PPG since Keefe took over. He is on pace for 40-50 points even after a horrendous start.
That's great if you are a team that is 1 offense first RHD away from a cup, then yes absolutely Barrie is worth a 1st - probably a 1st+. Winnipeg is not 1 Tyson Barrie away from the cup, so they will give up their 1st (the third consecutive year of trading away their 1st round pick) to finish the season - maybe make the playoffs, maybe not and then have to resign Barrie for $7+ per year or let him walk in the summer. If I'm the Jets I wouldn't give up any assets for 27 games of Barrie.

Reactions: Huffer

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Pointless discussion as the Jets already stated that they are not interested in rentals this year. They would only consider players with term.

Other posters explained why the Jets shouldn’t be interested in rentals.

Think we’re done here.

Reactions: Huffer

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I’m not going to comment on if the jets or leafs should do the trade, but it’s clear fair value. Barrie would fetch a first at the TDL
Gtfo. Barrie doesnt move the needle on this Jets team. No one is giving the Leafs a lottery pick. A late 1st, probably. That's not the same thing.

Reactions: Snowman

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I think the truth is in this thread some posters may think/just say he’s not worth a 1st. Then you have Jets fans saying he’s not a great fit style wise for the Jets and giving up a 1st for a bad fit during a season filled massive injuries on the Jets doesn’t make sense. PS: I’m in the latter group, he’s a poor fit on the team, albeit he’s a good offensive D (just happens that’s not what the team needs).

Nothing wrong with pointing out that there's no fit with Winnipeg and no deal to be made. Sure, cool story, we get that, I'm not trying to talk anybody into any trades here. But thinking that teams won't pay a 1st for offensive defensemen is an aggressively bad take and it doesn't matter how much someone believes it in their little heart.

Reactions: Hunter368

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Nothing wrong with pointing out that there's no fit with Winnipeg and no deal to be made. Sure, cool story, we get that, I'm not trying to talk anybody into any trades here. But thinking that teams won't pay a 1st for offensive defensemen is an aggressively bad take and it doesn't matter how much someone believes it in their little heart.
You need to learn a little something about the difference between a late first and what will most likely be a lottery pick. So FYI you get a better opportunity for better players at the top of the 1st round than you at the end of the 1st. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Fairview

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Did Kevin shattenkirk win them a cup? Did they resign him. Does he get used in York. Playoff teams contenders need defense. I'm sorry the doesn't mesh with getting a 1st ect but it's the truth.

The Jets have traded their 1st for rental centremen for the last two years in a row. Playoff teams trade 1st round picks for rentals every year and most of them don't win the cup. Every team has different needs and plenty of teams need offense from their defenders. I'm sorry that you don't like that Caps traded a 1st, 2nd and Zach Sanford for a rental Shattenkirk and it doesn't mesh with your "Barrie won't get a 1st" narrative, but it's literally facts.

Don't bother telling me that the Jets won't do it for whatever reason, I know and I don't care. I'm arguing the value of Barrie.

Gtfo. Barrie doesnt move the needle on this Jets team. No one is giving the Leafs a lottery pick. A late 1st, probably. That's not the same thing.
You really went out of your way to miss the point there champ.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
You need to learn a little something about the difference between a late first and what will most likely be a lottery pick. So FYI you get a better opportunity for better players at the top of the 1st round than you at the end of the 1st. Hope that helps.
Good lord, you need to understand the difference between arguing value and a sales job. It says right there in the f***ing post that I understand that there's no fit with Winnipeg. "Sure cool story, we get that, I'm not trying to talk anybody into trades here". How the hell do you figure that I'm trying to sell you Barrie out of that?

This is what i mean when I talk about people aggressively turning their brains off with the Maple Leafs. Chill out and read the post bro.

Reactions: BlueBaron

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Good lord, you need to understand the difference between arguing value and a sales job. It says right there in the ****ing post that I understand that there's no fit with Winnipeg. "Sure cool story, we get that, I'm not trying to talk anybody into trades here". How the hell do you figure that I'm trying to sell you Barrie out of that?

This is what i mean when I talk about people aggressively turning their brains off with the Maple Leafs. Chill out and read the post bro.
Nice "proposal". A player the Jets dont need for value you will never get.

The persecution complex is strong with this one. I haven't talked anything negative about the Leafs. Only value.

I dont get what you cant figure out. You think Barrie is worth the Jets first. Then act like all first round picks are equal. They are not. Hope you can understand this.

Reactions: Fairview

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa

The persecution complex is strong with this one. I haven't talked anything negative about the Leafs. Only value.

I dont get what you cant figure out. You think Barrie is worth the Jets first. Then act like all first round picks are equal. They are not. Hope you can understand this.

It's like you're arguing with someone who's standing behind me or something. Thanks for the sermon on mid firsts and late firsts. Here I was thinking that the 1st overall pick had the same value as the 30th.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012

LeafGrief said in his post he understands barrie is not a fit with the jets and I agree. He was arguing with other posters saying barrie wouldn't fetch a first from any contender. Jets will use there pick draft well and be back at it next season.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I'd rather keep Barrie, and Winnipeg isn't really in a position to give up their first for a rental

You’re right, Winnipeg will not be dealing any prime assets for rentals. They’re closer to picking inside the top 10 of the draft than realistically beating anyone in a best of 7 with their patchwork blue line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad