Proposal: Tyson Barrie to winnipeg for a 1st!!

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I like him too, and I'm aware he's back to his old self, but I doubt he would fetch a 1st at this point. If the price for Petry (still signed another 1 year and much better) is a 1st and a prospect, Barrie is probably worth a 2nd and a prospect.
prob be looking at a deal like what leafs gave up for Muzzin.
I dunno if Barrie gets a 1st being UFA and all. but it's not impossible. I could see something more around
roster player + 2nd + B prospect Roster player prob a plug lol

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Oh no argument there, i was just pointing out why his +/- is questionable. We need to trade for another D 1st RHD. That way we can run:
Rielly-New Guy
Muzzin-Barrie
Sandin-Lilly

That would be my future...except i don't think we can sign both Barrie and Muzzin.
Hello..justin Shultz

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I would be happy to swing a three team deal involving Manson from the Ducks.

TML
Manson
Ritchie
Gawanke

Jets
Barrie
2020 4th VGK
2020 7th Jets

Ducks
2020 1st Jets
AJ
Dermott
2020 2nd TML
Couple of points, yes...the Ducks will want a 1st+ for Manson, but we can't expect another team to put up the 1st for us to end up with Manson. If we want him, we are going to have to offer up a future 1st of our own.

Reactions: Huffer

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
he has 23 points in 30 games since Babcock was fired.

A right handed PPQB with a 2ish M cap hit.

He has at least 1st round pick value.
Not to Winnipeg this year.

think about it like this, as Winnipeg and the leafs are similar caliber this season.

How pissed would you be if dubass traded away yet another first round pick right now for pending UFA Tyson Barrie (if he were on another team)? For a team that clearly isn’t contending this season, like the leafs, spending a first round pick on an upcoming free agent would be stupid

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Freidman reported the names being floated are Kapanen/Johnsson/Kerfoot/Muzzin/ Barrie/Ceci (pre-injury)....somethings gonna happen.

Hard to say. I think if Ceci is officially done and they can guarantee he is not coming back, they will try to get Dumba. 3 more years in term after this year and maybe Dubas tries to get retention. Dubas did say he will only make a move if it fits more than the short term

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I would be happy to swing a three team deal involving Manson from the Ducks.

TML
Manson
Ritchie
Gawanke

Jets
Barrie
2020 4th VGK
2020 7th Jets

Ducks
2020 1st Jets
AJ
Dermott
2020 2nd TML
Nope from Winnipeg. A rental Barrie isn't close to being worth the Jets giving up their first for.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Hard to say. I think if Ceci is officially done and they can guarantee he is not coming back, they will try to get Dumba. 3 more years in term after this year and maybe Dubas tries to get retention. Dubas did say he will only make a move if it fits more than the short term
Insert 'Manson" where you typed "Dumba" and i would concur.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
If the jets' 1st is on the table, it is in a deal for dumba or manson - guys with term.

If chevy deals a 1st for a rental this year, I'll personally run him out of town

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I understand why the Leafs think they should get a 1st for Barrie but not so sure any team does that. He is a liability in his own end and everyone knows that. Offensive ability and puck moving is where his value is for sure.

Reactions: hn777

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I'd rather see Wpg pursue organic growth. They won't be competing this year so better hang onto their picks and prospects.

Reactions: hn777

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Barrie's been a bit of a disappointment in Toronto until recently. I think though they hold onto him through this season.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Oh yeah, just mere hours after trading for a backup and a rental player let's sell our top RHD, which is our biggest position of weakness. Brilliant, they'll never see it coming!
Surprise is the key element. This would surprise everyone -- Shanahan included!

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Couple of points, yes...the Ducks will want a 1st+ for Manson, but we can't expect another team to put up the 1st for us to end up with Manson. If we want him, we are going to have to offer up a future 1st of our own.

You do see that the Jets get Barrie?? That is where the first is coming from. Why on earth does it have to be ours? Barrie is worth a first plus at that cap hit.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Nope from Winnipeg. A rental Barrie isn't close to being worth the Jets giving up their first for.

Saying Barrie isn’t worth a first plus at 2.85 or 2.75 is a joke. Guy has averaged .75+ PPG since Keefe took over. He is on pace for 40-50 points even after a horrendous start.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
You do see that the Jets get Barrie?? That is where the first is coming from. Why on earth does it have to be ours? Barrie is worth a first plus at that cap hit.
Because the Jets have zero reason to trade a 1st for Barrie? Same as the other 3 team proposal tha had us getting Manson...Oilers have no reason to move their 1st in a deal for Kapanen?

If we find a team to take Barrie for a 1st in a separate deal, we cam then use that in a deal for Manson.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Relax, it's ok if you make the playoffs and have to upgrade the 3rd round pick to a 2nd for the trade with LA. No need to toss away the season. The gap between 3rd and 2nd is not worth it!

Leafs can't react now. They will continue to be in the race when the deadline comes so I don't see anyway Barrie is moved. Already down 2 D-men.

I also don't think Jets believe in their team enough to make that move this season.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Saying Barrie isn’t worth a first plus at 2.85 or 2.75 is a joke. Guy has averaged .75+ PPG since Keefe took over. He is on pace for 40-50 points even after a horrendous start.
I didn't say he's not worth a first. I said he's not worth Winnipeg's first. You may find a desperate contender that will give you a late first for Barrie, but you won't get a low first like Winnipeg's for a rental like Barrie.

Reactions: Lorenzo1000

yegoldboysclub

Jan 30, 2019
When is the last time you saw two teams that are in 10th place in conference making a trade deadline deal like that, Both teams have less than 35 percent chance to make playoffs, its next year time for both clubs.

Sure Id expect Toronto to unload Barrie and perhaps Muzzin in next few weeks, but I don't see Winnipeg as a buyer

Reactions: Lorenzo1000

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Oh yeah, just mere hours after trading for a backup and a rental player let's sell our top RHD, which is our biggest position of weakness. Brilliant, they'll never see it coming!
If he is your top rhd then that in its self is a huge issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad