Proposal: Tyson Barrie to winnipeg for a 1st!!

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I doubt Winnipeg wants to pay a 1st but this could make sense if the Leafs use these assets to trade for Manson or something.

Winnipeg: Barrie
Leafs: 1st round pick

Then use the 1st + some prospects for Manson
I doubt Winnipeg wants to pay a 1st but this could make sense if the Leafs use these assets to trade for Manson or something.

Winnipeg: Barrie
Leafs: 1st round pick

Then use the 1st + some prospects for Manson

If that were the case, Jets could just cut out the middle man (Leafs) and just really directly with Anaheim for Manson themselves.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I would be happy to swing a three team deal involving Manson from the Ducks.

TML
Manson
Ritchie
Gawanke

Jets
Barrie
2020 4th VGK
2020 7th Jets

Ducks
2020 1st Jets
AJ
Dermott
2020 2nd TML

Why are the Jets who are likely missing the playoffs trading a 1st for a rental that quite possibly walks? Oh that 4th and 7th doesn’t come close to moving the needle.

BIG NO THANKS

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Ppl still convinced Barrie is worth a first? He isn’t. Johnny boychuck was traded for two seconds and he is a Stanley cup champion top 4 d. Barrie is a bottom 6 on pretty much any decent team. The only leaf defence that would get back first round draft picks is Morgan.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Not happening until Byfuglien situation is sorted out if only for cap reasons: they have 4M$ in cap room, Byron makes 5.5

Barrie was worth a 1st last summer, now I'm not sure he's worth that.
The Jets have 15.3m in capspace?

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
Oh yeah, just mere hours after trading for a backup and a rental player let's sell our top RHD, which is our biggest position of weakness. Brilliant, they'll never see it coming!

I think trading Barrie (if the leafs were healthy) would be prudent asset management.
I don't think there's a hope in hell we are resigning him, so we should be looking to get something from the trade, otherwise it's kadri+ for kerfoot which is horribad.

Under keefe Barrie has been excellent in 2 out of 3 of the zones.
I think he should be paired with Muzzin full time to settle it down a bit.
Imo that's the makings of a top pair on most teams.

But after July 1 I just don't see them resigning him, he's going to want 7x7M is my guess.
The leafs just don't have the cap room.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Yeah he'd get a 1rst in an average market but this specific market might not be a fit for that. Hardly matters, we aren't trading him.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
hey dude, watching every single game the Jets play they are not really contenders this year. Why waste a 1st on a rental? It's pretty common sense why it's stupid for the Jets.

No Jet fan on this thread has said he's not worth a 1st, maybe more from a contender. It's not worth it for the Jets, who just as easily could be picking in the top 10.
well you guy's have done it in the past ala stastny and others, and barrie is very cheap

ShooTer44

Oct 6, 2012
Oh yeah, teams don't want 50+ point defensemen, Washington trading a 1st and a 2nd for Kevin Shattenkirk never happened it was a hoax. Erik Karlsson never dragged his team to the conference finals! Barrie obviously isn't Karlsson, but this is an outrageously silly take.

Why are people so aggressive at turning their brains off when it comes to Maple Leafs players? Of course Tyson Barrie would get a first, he'd be the best defenseman on the market by a mile and is making 2.75m.
Speaking of turning brains off... where to start..... The Jets are not trading for a rental this year. Especially a small offensive defenceman who is crappy at defence!!! The Jets already have their small offensive defencemen. (Morrissey , Pionk & Niku) Definitely don't want another one!!! You can keep your small D!! The Jets are on the market for a big , shut down D , which is the opposite of Barrie.

Reactions: hn777

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Why are the Jets who are likely missing the playoffs trading a 1st for a rental that quite possibly walks? Oh that 4th and 7th doesn’t come close to moving the needle.

BIG NO THANKS

So Toronto can have Manson duh :)

What I don't get is why wouldn't the ducks and jets just talk manson trade and not involve the leafs

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
So Toronto can have Manson duh :)

What I don't get is why wouldn't the ducks and jets just talk manson trade and not involve the leafs
Manson and Barrie are two opposite players. I haven't watched a lot of Jets games so I'm not sure which type they need but I'm guessing it would be a more defensive guy so Manson. Teams like the Islanders and Oilers could make the best of Barrie. Not sure if they'd give up a 1st though

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
prob be looking at a deal like what leafs gave up for Muzzin.
I dunno if Barrie gets a 1st being UFA and all. but it's not impossible. I could see something more around
roster player + 2nd + B prospect Roster player prob a plug lol

Sorry but Barrie defense is horrible. I don't see wpg willing to give up a first in this deep draft for Barrie.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Speaking of turning brains off... where to start..... The Jets are not trading for a rental this year. Especially a small offensive defenceman who is crappy at defence!!! The Jets already have their small offensive defencemen. (Morrissey , Pionk & Niku) Definitely don't want another one!!! You can keep your small D!! The Jets are on the market for a big , shut down D , which is the opposite of Barrie.
Hey look, someone who didn’t read any other posts and assumed that arguing about “teams” means I’m trying to sell to the Jets.

I know the Jets don’t want Barrie. That’s cool, you do you. Nice Ted Talk champ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad