Recalled/Assigned: Tyler Wotherspoon Recalled/Smid on IR (again), Ramo off IR, Shore sent to Addy

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I like that we get to see 'Spooner up, but seeing Smid hurt so often is just obliterating his trade value (what little value there was before).

Id actually like to see Smid and Engelland kept as our #6/7 dman and just rotate them, plus with injuries there's a good chance that they are both regulars anyways. What I'd love to see is Diaz sent to Greenland, and we acquire a young #5 with upside. We have the assets to do it, I wish we would pull the trigger on something.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
C'mon Gillies, it's not fair to say someone wasn't that good during their stint when it was 1 game (his first in the NHL this year) with only 12:26 in TOI with maybe 2 practices with the team under his belt.

Shore was sent down for 1 reason, to free up a roster spot for Ramo who needed to come off IR.

Ortio (and maybe Granlund) will probably be demoted following the game tonight since the Flames do not play again until the 27th. It will allow Ortio to get a game or 2 in on the weekend and participate in the AHL all-star weekend (Jan. 25/26).

Following the AHL all-star game on Monday I expect Shore will be recalled, but there is a chance Ortio could come up instead. Or a chance for both if Granlund is sent down too.

Was it only 1 game? :blush:. Ya it's not that fair. Still didn't have a great game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad