Tyler Toffoli....4 Goals.......In the 1st period!!!!

Orenji

Jan 23, 2010
Winningland
How did this kid drop to the 40's? He was projected to be 15/16 and looks to have improved leaps and bounds from his last OHL season. I know his skating was said to be lackluster, but still.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
Doesn't help that half Kingston was injured or away, but as the Sens continue to struggle, I will cheer for the 67's for the rest of the season.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
In a few years...

Loktionov-Kopitar-Brown
Kitsyn???-Schenn-Toffoli
Clifford-Moller/Lewis-Simmonds
Nolan-Elkins-Vey/Kozun
Ex.Holloway, Cliche

Johnson-Doughty
Hickey-Teubert
Forbort-Muzzin
Ex.Deslauriers/Martinez

Quick/Bernier

:)

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Brett MacLean had 61 goals in 61 OHL games the season after he was drafted in the second round by Phoenix. This kind of production is rare, though.

Tavares had 78 assists that year in 58 games, someone had to benefit from that.
I mean Brett Parnham scored 50 the next year

james30

Jan 13, 2010
Major problem for Prince is the fact that he did not make the Prospect game that is coming up on January 18 and 19.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
A hat trick and one assist today. Thirty eight goals on the season. Wow that impressive. Hopefully he is on Team Canada next year.
Hopefully he's in the Kings line-up next year. Kings need wingers badly. :D

38 goals in 41 games played, just great.

Though Hishon has a better PPG ratio than him. He's having a great season too.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
38 goals, 75 points in 41 games this year, not bad! Currently leads the OHL in scoring, 1 point ahead of his linemate Prince, and 7 points ahead of 3rd place Akeson. But he fell to 47th overall in the last draft and didn't make team Canada, obviously people in the know have reservations about his game, what are they? Skating? Defensive play? Inflated point totals due to system/linemates? Can't be size, as he's listed at anywhere from 6' to 6'1" and 180 to 200 lbs.

Last edited:

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Inflated point totals due to linemates is far from the truth. If anyone has inflated stats, than it's Prince.

His skating was very bad, has improved a bit. He's not suitable for the 3rd/4th line and Team Canada thought they had better options up front, completely understandable. On the other, he wasnt even invited.

Fact remains, he's a '92 born and on pace for 50-60 goals already, something you see more often with 19/20-year olds in the CHL, but not with 18/19 years olds.

We'll see. Perhaps he's another Dany Rousin.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Inflated point totals due to linemates is far from the truth. If anyone has inflated stats, than it's Prince.

Ridiculous but not surprising coming from you. They're both scoring so much because they compliment each other so well.

Toffoli's a good prospect but his skating still isn't up to NHL standards and he's hardly a complete forward. Sure can score, though.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Ridiculous but not surprising coming from you. They're both scoring so much because they compliment each other so well.
Somebody asked if Toffoli's point totals were inflated due to linemates.

Toffoli was projected as late 1st rounder in the past draft. He had netted almost 40 goals already last season. Prince was a nobody last season. Logically you might expect Toffoli will improve compared to last season.

I say if anyone's # is inflated than its Prince, from nobody to 100 point player, and than you think I'm ridiculous ?

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Actually I think you completely missed the point. Somebody asked if Toffoli's point totals might be inflated due to linemates.

Toffoli was projected as late 1st rounder in the past draft. He had netted almost 40 goals already last season. Prince was a nobody last season.

I say if anyone's # is inflated than its Prince and than you think I'm ridiculous ?

Prince was a 16 year old last year. Just because you had no idea who he was doesn't make him a nobody, it just reflects poorly on your knowledge of hockey prospects.

And yes, you're ridiculous. Have you even seen Prince play? You're only saying this crap because Toffoli is a Kings prospect.

rick3652

Aug 18, 2009
Toronto
Prince was a 16 year old last year. Just because you had no idea who he was doesn't make him a nobody, it just reflects poorly on your knowledge of hockey prospects.

And yes, you're ridiculous. Have you even seen Prince play? You're only saying this crap because Toffoli is a Kings prospect.

both are 1992 and this is both their third year in the league.

rick3652

Aug 18, 2009
Toronto

Toffoli's a good prospect but his skating still isn't up to NHL standards and he's hardly a complete forward. Sure can score, though.

the line is playing good together. Toffoli is leading in points, goals and Plus/Minus in all CHL leagues. that is the OHL, WHL and the quebec league. So "hardly a complete forward" is hard to understand.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands

Dont get personal, dude.

I dont have to defend Toffoli at all, dont you think ? His play speak volumes and why should I have anything against Prince ?

Prince was not a 16 year old, he was 17 for 95% of the season, plays in the OHL since 2008, but I also didnt expect 80 points from him last season. He's now playing with one of the best goalscorers in the OHL and I think his numbers are inflated by that, also because of the huge step forward suddenly.

Now you dont have to agree me, but its not ridiculous. That's something you fail to see because you are so focussed on me with being a Kings fan and Toffoli a Kings prospect. That's the only thing you see.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Dont get personal, dude.

It's not my fault if you take it personally. The purpose of this message board is for debate.

I dont have to defend Toffoli at all, dont you think ? His play speak volumes and why should I have anything against Prince ?

Nobody's attacking Toffoli so I'm not sure why you'd feel the need to defend him in the first place.

Prince was not a 16 year old, he was 17 for 95% of the season and I didnt expect 80points from him back than. He's now playing with one of the best goalscorers in the OHL and I think his numbers are inflated by that, also because of the big gap with last year.

Wrong. In the CHL, when one refers to a 16 year old, they're talking about their 16 year old season. Prince being a late '92 might make him 17 for the majority of the season but it's still his 16 year old season.

As for why his numbers have picked up so much, a good part of it has to do with vastly improved skating. He's not a big guy so he's not going to muscle his way around but he's developed into a legitimately strong skater. Not a great overall athlete but very quick and, most importantly, very intelligent. His hockey sense is the best on that line and frequently the offense runs through him. To say Toffoli inflates his stats is ridiculous. Toffoli's stats are just as inflated by Prince as Prince's are by Toffoli, which is to say they aren't. Martindale, Toffoli, Prince, they all have different strengths and weaknesses and serve as perfect complements to one another.

Now you dont have to agree me, but its not ridiculous. That's something you fail to see because you are so focussed on me with being a Kings fan and Toffoli a Kings prospect. That's the only thing you see.

Or maybe it's because I've actually seen them play and I find it ridiculous that you're making broad generalizations about players you know very little about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad