Speculation: Tyler Seguin

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Anything over 30C in the Summer is just gross. Yes AC helps, but a summer inside or right at your pool is pretty crap compared to being outside somewhere beautiful in Canada with weather that is bearable.
And what's your point? The rest of the year in Canada sucks. He's not going there.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
And what's your point? The rest of the year in Canada sucks. He's not going there.
Really? Some people love the outdoors and winter including beautiful land including obviously Seguin as he goes to Canada in the summer. Don't be so upset.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Mike Heika was saying in one of Q&A's that the new deal will be announced in the summer. Knowing the way Nill does things, they'll announce it at the draft

So there is that, but who knows. Probably waiting for JT to sign

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
There is one year left on his contract. He will be only 27 when his contract expires, and he will most certainly be extremely coveted in UFA if he makes it.

He just scored 40 goals and added 38 assists and a very strong defensive game. He is without a doubt the elite #1C that many teams covet.

In 5 years with Dallas, he has only made the playoffs twice, and he missed the playoffs in the past two seasons. It’s very possible that he might not be willing to sign in Dallas and if that is the case, will they consider trading him? What would a potential Seguin trade look like? And, if he does hit UFA, how much will he get?

When you said 5 years with Dallas I was sure that was wrong and had to look it up...now I feel old as hell....thanks OP...

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Gross. I like hanging out outside all day. 27 or so is perfect over 30 is grosss

Not all 30 degree days are equal. I have experienced summers in Texas with 100 days of 100F days. I live in a climate now where the average temps in summer are under 30C and they feel worse than Texas because of the humidity.

Most people in North Texas spend tons of time outside. You just wouldn't fit in. Evening bbq in the shade is boss.

Reactions: Blindsummit

hockeyguy1967

Aug 24, 2017
Not all 30 degree days are equal. I have experienced summers in Texas with 100 days of 100F days. I live in a climate now where the average temps in summer are under 30C and they feel worse than Texas because of the humidity.

Most people in North Texas spend tons of time outside. You just wouldn't fit in. Evening bbq in the shade is boss.
Yeah if it is in the high 30's there is zero chance I would be outside all day.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I'd be shocked if he left Dallas. The only way I can see that is if someone throws out a crazy offer of like $12-13m a year

That's not enough though. The extra (8th) year and low taxes of Texas more than make up for that difference. No if someone offers him $14-15mil (crazy yes) that could do it, if it is money he is after.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Yeah if it is in the high 30's there is zero chance I would be outside all day.
Maybe the issue here is that most people in Texas are at work during these hours. These jobs in Canada that have you off for months of the year and outside all day sound pretty sweet.

Why are we talking about this when the person in question is a multi-millionaire who we already knows spends tons of time in Canada during the summer?

Sure, lots of people like cold weather so living there during the hockey season isn't a big deal. Funny that pretty much all of the hockey players that roll through Dallas seem to thoroughly enjoy the mild winters and delightful autumns and springs. If heat isn't your thing, most people I know enjoy grilling outside and spending tons of time outside for about 5-6 months out of the year in Dallas.

Weather in Dallas is a non-issue when it comes to re-signing hockey players.

hockeyguy1967

Aug 24, 2017
Maybe the issue here is that most people in Texas are at work during these hours. These jobs in Canada that have you off for months of the year and outside all day sound pretty sweet..
Lol what?
You mean like rig jobs? Doesn't Texas have those as well? Wouldn't people be working outside in Texas as well, in 100 degree heat? Do you think Canadians live in Igloo's or something?

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I suspect he'll get inflation over Benn's deal, and stay in Dallas. So something in the area of $10-10.5 million per over 8 years.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Lol what?
You mean like rig jobs? Doesn't Texas have those as well? Wouldn't people be working outside in Texas as well, in 100 degree heat? Do you think Canadians live in Igloo's or something?
You are talking like you have all day to spend outdoors (not working). I'm saying, most people have a regular 9-5, indoors, so the weather isn't as big of a deal as you're making it out to be. I have no idea where your last comment is coming from and you didn't address any of the other things I mentioned in my post.

I'll take hot summers where I can swim, lake, bbq to my heart's content along with 6 months of glorious outdoor weather over a great summer along with freezing winters with tons of snow.

Reactions: Blindsummit

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I think he re-signs. He really likes Dallas and we have a decent foundation. He will be expensive tho, probably 10.25-10.5 in Dallas and more if he chooses to leave. I doubt Dallas trades him if they can't get a deal done right away but if they do move him he would cost a boat load

hockeyguy1967

Aug 24, 2017
You are talking like you have all day to spend outdoors (not working). I'm saying, most people have a regular 9-5, indoors, so the weather isn't as big of a deal as you're making it out to be. I have no idea where your last comment is coming from and you didn't address any of the other things I mentioned in my post.

I'll take hot summers where I can swim, lake, bbq to my heart's content along with 6 months of glorious outdoor weather over a great summer along with freezing winters with tons of snow.
Meh. Still prefer Canadian Summers over 100 Degree heat but I guess we agree to disagree. Would prefer Canadian summers over Australian summers as well for what it is worth (worked there for two years)
About the comment, you made it seem like most Canadians work outside.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I would offer the following package. for 1 year of seguin.

One of the following from each
1st 2018 or jake Walman, or Jordan Schmaltz
Tage Thompson or Sammy Blais+3rd 2019
berglund or sobotka.

Just depends on wether they want to cash in on seguin or rebuild. If i were dallas i would want the following.

(1)Jordan Schmaltz (NHL ready Puck moving RHD Dman. Only reason he hasnt seen much Ice is because of Parayko and Petro. Third pairing is for Borts who is physical)
(2) Tage Thompson (nhl Ready big bodied RW/C that can skate and shoot. Does need a little more time to develop but was defensively responsible.)
(3) Berglund (for legit LW/C puck control) Or (sobotka, fiesty player, very speedy and plays a great lw or grinder c role. One has term and the other has smaller cap.

I think this is fair offer for a trade. Would be willing to Talk Parayko for a Sign and Trade.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

I mean, that's fantastic for you, but having been to places like Texas, the humidity in the summer is simply unbearable and you have to escape it by going indoors to the AC. As for "freezing winters with tons of snow", we are literally on a hockey forum. Hint: snowy winters are how you get to go skiiing, skating, snowboarding. And while I might be biased, out of all the places I've been, the only place besides western Canada I'd rather spend summer would be places like northern parts of Europe like France. I like the southern parts of USA in like, March, but not the dog days of summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad