Player Discussion Tyler Seguin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Franchise #1C > 2 2nd Line wingers

Eriksson was not a second line winger, though he have regressed into one but at the time of the trade Eriksson++ was good value for Seguin. Smith very well may be a first line winger. Let's not be like some Bruins fans and change facts so it fits into our own bias. Joe Morrow is also a very good prospect.

haf

Mar 3, 2008
And those people refuse to change their mind despite presented with facts. Cognitive dissonance at it's best.

intellectually dishonest. almost embarrassingly so.

you made a great argument though. your stats were excellent and relevant. fun from over here. i kept wanting to jump in and there would be a post with you making my point already. seriously, good stuff.
:handclap:

* reminder - feeding trolls just makes more troll poop. :)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Whoop whoop!
DKm6cCG.png

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
He sucks ... 3 points against ONLY the 7th place Minnesota Wild. Guy is awful.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
My tally: first assist was secondary, shouldn't count. Second assist involved no pass, nothing to see there. Goal tied the game, essentially making it 0-0, so yeah, 0 points count.

Does it work like that on main board?

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
You need to talk about how scoring three points wouldn't fit in with the Boston system.

Oh ****, that's right.......so wait, that means we need to deduct an arbitrary number of points throughout the season? Something like -30 or something? I dunno, this is complex stuff.

Good on Seguin for upping the ante on Modano night. It was an important win for a variety of reasons, and he did it with a full crowd. I'm sure a few more people are aware of him now in Dallas.

Last edited:

aloonda*

he made an incredible defensive play where he used his speed to get back on an odd man rush by the wildies, he broke it up of course

wish i had a gif of that, think it was in third

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Not a bad look.

477352731_slide.jpg

He probably knew he'd get criticized on HF for scoring an unnecessary empty netter there at the end so he graciously declined to pad his stats. That's the kind of gentlemanly play that'll bring home the Lady Byng.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski

He'd have to finish in the Top 5 in points, and Dallas would have to be a playoff team. But, um ... Seguin for Hart?

He must only look at stats. There's no way he's see him play or he'd understand he's a terrible hockey player.

aloonda*

He must only look at stats. There's no way he's see him play or he'd understand he's a terrible hockey player.

he can't be a complete player if he isn't in clode's system of bruin superiorness

Kaoz*

Eriksson was not a second line winger, though he have regressed into one but at the time of the trade Eriksson++ was good value for Seguin. Smith very well may be a first line winger. Let's not be like some Bruins fans and change facts so it fits into our own bias. Joe Morrow is also a very good prospect.

Change facts? There's a better argument for Eriksson being a #3 winger then there is for him being a #2 winger right now. Prodcution wise he's been on the cusp of being a viable top 6 player the last two years. 40-50 points is serviceable, not ideal. He'' struggle even more in Boston due to a reduced role and ice time. Seguin is a 30+ goal, 80+ point winger at 22, still a boy among men.

Eriksson++ is great value for Seguin if you're the ones getting Seguin. The only way this trade doesn't look like a complete ass ****** is if Boston has enough solid places in place to again win a cup.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Change facts? There's a better argument for Eriksson being a #3 winger then there is for him being a #2 winger right now. Prodcution wise he's been on the cusp of being a viable top 6 player the last two years. 40-50 points is serviceable, not ideal. He'' struggle even more in Boston due to a reduced role and ice time. Seguin is a 30+ goal, 80+ point winger at 22, still a boy among men.

Eriksson++ is great value for Seguin if you're the ones getting Seguin. The only way this trade doesn't look like a complete ass ****** is if Boston has enough solid places in place to again win a cup.

At the time Eriksson was regarded as a first line 70 point winger with great two-way ability.

Seguin was a 60 point player with a lot of question marks, who was forced to play wing.

At the time the trade made sense for the Bruins and still do if they win a cup.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

I think it's safe to say that, while Seguin has been electric in Dallas, Boston doesn't seem to have lost a step, even with Loui's many struggles this season. Reilly's stepped up huge, and the rest of the team is stacked enough to make up for Seguin's absence.

The B's are perennial contenders so their continued stay at or near the top of the conference isn't surprising.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Overall ... it's bull.... that both organizations can't just be happy with what appears to be a rather fair trade.

Boston ... from the team to the media and fans had to turn it into a witchhunt. I'm happy to see Reilly Smith succeed in Boston, and I believe Eriksson will rebound from this crazy injury season to be a great player for them. Boston's attitude though sucks overall ... obviously some great, realistic posters ... but mostly a bunch of sour pusses make it a little sweeter to see Seguin blow up in Dallas.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Speaking of .... he just scored to tie the game as I re-watch last night's event.

His decision to say F this awful power play and take the puck himself saved that game last night. Love re-watching this game.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
but mostly a bunch of sour pusses make it a little sweeter to see Seguin blow up in Dallas.

Then they turn it into a "I knew he was going to blow up in Dallas, but it doesn't matter. He's doing it against awful teams, inconsistently...and he won't show up in the post season."

Over it. Get drunk Boston. Y'all need more than a couple of drinks.

Dr GLU

Mar 1, 2002
Northern Hemisphere
Boston's attitude though sucks overall ... obviously some great, realistic posters ... but mostly a bunch of sour pusses make it a little sweeter to see Seguin blow up in Dallas.

They're the same way about the Sox, Celtics, and Pats. Just the way people seem to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce