Confirmed with Link: Tyler Pitlick (SEA) to Flam for 4th Round Pick (2022)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Who though? Look at the ridiculous deals Hyman and Coleman are getting. Not saying Pitlick is that good, but he’s a guy that the Flames coveted and they basically dealt a future that has a 10% chance of ever playing an NHL game for a useful player. I like that he only has 2 years term as well.
Actually Pitlick becomes a UFA next summer.
As to who... I'm not sure as I really haven't looked at available UFAs but its not like 4th line UFAs are a scarce commodity and we just signed Ritchie who's also a 4th line RW.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Literally anyone else would have been better if there was no asset given up. Pitlick is a plug replacing a plug. Sign a UFA. Call up someone from the minors. Etc.

This is just bad asset management and it's not the greatest timing either. Other teams are looking to bolster their lineups or shed contracts and these goober are tinkering with the bottom lines first and foremost.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Who though? Look at the ridiculous deals Hyman and Coleman are getting. Not saying Pitlick is that good, but he’s a guy that the Flames coveted and they basically dealt a future that has a 10% chance of ever playing an NHL game for a useful player. I like that he only has 2 years term as well.
Sometimes it ain't about the caliber of the gun, but the number of bullets in the clip.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Probably rather have Pitlick at 1.75 for 1 yr than Armia for 3+ in a 4 year deal. Sure free agency doesn’t cost you a prospect or pick asset but you overpay and lose valuable cap space.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'd be fine with trading away these picks if we didn't have Gaudreau and Brodie make up the backbone of our team. On average, it's true that 4th rounders have next to no chance of making the league but you'll never know what the team will look like 5 years from now. Adam Ruzicka is a 4th rounder who's looking to win a spot out of camp. It wasn't too long ago that 6th rounder Mangiapane was in a similar position. Make these pick-ups in free-agency and let our amateur scouts work because they're the only above-average aspect of our front office.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Literally anyone else would have been better if there was no asset given up. Pitlick is a plug replacing a plug. Sign a UFA. Call up someone from the minors. Etc.

This is just bad asset management and it's not the greatest timing either. Other teams are looking to bolster their lineups or shed contracts and these goober are tinkering with the bottom lines first and foremost.

I feel like this is being over dramatic. He didn’t deal a 1st, 2nd or even a 3rd. The only thing baffling to me is why Seattle drafted a player only to gain a 4th.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Is Pitlick in the same tier as a guy like Hathaway?

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
I mean I dont hate the deal, but then again I was told that Nordstrom was the perfect 4th liner.

Spoiler alert, he wasn't.

Funnily enough, even with the botched draft, Seattle's RW depth is better than ours and so they could afford to drop Pitlick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad