Waived: Tyler Pitlick, Anton Lander, Steve Pinizzotto and Keith Aulie [All Clear]

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I don't think they're worried about Pitlick turning into an NHL player.

He's basically Ryan Jones with the puck skills of Luke Gazdic right now.

I know this board loves "potential", but I don't see any more left there.

Pros and Cons

Mar 22, 2007
Atlantic Canada
I'm probably confused..again.
I'm pretty sure teams don't have to keep any players on the roster for any particular length of time, although I'm not the best CBA guy.
Isn't the only stipulation they'd have to put them back on waivers to move them anywhere,such as the AHL?

I think you are right here.

Pros and Cons

Mar 22, 2007
Atlantic Canada
I don't think they're worried about Pitlick turning into an NHL player.

He's basically Ryan Jones with the puck skills of Luke Gazdic right now.

I know this board loves "potential", but I don't see any more left there.

We are secretly hoping he can channel his dad's heart and work ethic in the NHL.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
They both aren't NHL players, but Acton can play center and PK.

MacT said something about having few PK centers(basically just Gordon), so that's more or less why Acton made it.

it doesn't matter what he is , he was a 2nd pick and we need to salvage what we can out of that

I see a 4th line player that creates energy and possible some offence
we need to make it so he succeeds in that spot

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
it doesn't matter what he is , he was a 2nd pick and we need to salvage what we can out of that

I see a 4th line player that creates energy and possible some offence
we need to make it so he succeeds in that spot

That's what we need to avoid. Playing guys because you are worried to have a miss based on where you drafting them or what you gave up for them in a trade is what keeps bad teams at the bottom.

Admitting you made a mistake and being able to move on is what good teams do.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I know people over-reacting too much over Pitlick don't realize this.

Not surprised at all Pitlick (and everybody else) cleared. No team was going to grab a bubble player like Pitlick and add him to their roster after just finalizing their roster.

Smart move. It now affords them some flexibility moving forward.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Phew, Pitlick clears.

Was there ever a doubt? I wasn't sure why people were upset thinking that he was going to get claimed. We're talking about an average AHL player to date.

I'm actually mildly surprised that a team like Detroit didn't take a flier on Lander knowing their success with developing Swedes and considering his AHL success.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
That's what we need to avoid. Playing guys because you are worried to have a miss based on where you drafting them or what you gave up for them in a trade is what keeps bad teams at the bottom.

Admitting you made a mistake and being able to move on is what good teams do.

but thats the thing , he still has potential , he can definitely can succeed

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Yes! Figured someone would take Pitlick, I am so glad he made it.

Having him in Okc is the best place for his development right now. Giving him top line minutes will be,great for him to work on his offensive game.

Big risk Mac T took but for the best now that he has actually cleared.

He will play at least 20 games in the NHL this year I think, hopefully we can sign him again and long term I see him a big upgrade on someone like Joensuu.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
No surprise everyone cleared. Everyone in the league has a Pitlick or Lander that they already don't have room for.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I'm just blown away that people would be afraid Pitlick could be claimed on waivers.

What's his upside? A peak-era Ethan Moreau with worse hands?

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
So the AHL fodder on a perennial basement team all cleared waivers... big surprise.

I'm actually glad that Oilers management is making roster moves not just based on waiver status anymore... a positive step forward for an org that was previously scared to lose junk that could easily be replaced by other waiver pickups from elsewhere.

Bauer83

Aug 27, 2004
So the AHL fodder on a perennial basement team all cleared waivers... big surprise.

I'm actually glad that Oilers management is making roster moves not just based on waiver status anymore... a positive step forward for an org that was previously scared to lose junk that could easily be replaced by other waiver pickups from elsewhere.

Completely agree. Anyone watching the guys that were sent down, would have seen exactly what the Oilers saw to send them down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad