Value of: Tyler Myers

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It would not surprise me to see him get 7x7, actually. You will hear the howls of rage from Vancouver if Edler heads off to another team because Benning will open the freaking vault for Myers.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It would not surprise me to see him get 7x7, actually. You will hear the howls of rage from Vancouver if Edler heads off to another team because Benning will open the freaking vault for Myers.

Not going to lie, that contract would cripple a franchise.

Reactions: TruGr1t

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Not going to lie, that contract would cripple a franchise.

I mean someone is clearly going to offer him $6M AAV. Winnipeg is rumored to be going up to the "high fives" to retain him if they can move Trouba. It only takes one team to tack on the extra million and you're talking near $7M already. I dunno if he'll get the term on that though, might be closer to 4-5 years at $7-$7.5M.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Oilers coups use him next to either Klefbom or Nurse if they can ship Sekera or Russell out

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Hawks would love to have him, but not for the money and term he is going to command...

I am sure plenty of others feel the same.

Would be an interesting fit. I wonder what Myers could soak up from Seabrook and apply to his game.

With the young D there and Boqvist waiting, this may help with that transition, esp if they are to take Byram... May be the move they need for that.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
As a Jets fan 2nd, i don't get why any GM would pay this guy big money. He's very pedestrian most the time.

He has some moments here and there but also a ton of dumb dumb dumb plays.

I wouldn't give him more than 5.5

Reactions: rehf and Devonator

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
Leaf fans know exactly what Gardiner is.

Good Jake Gardiner is a fantastic skater that generates a TON of offense.

Bad Jake Gardiner can lose you a game damn near by himself case in point game 7 2018
Andersen was trash in that game. And most of the Leafs stars were silent. You know who scored the Leafs goals that game? Patrick Marleau and two rookies. Gardiner himself had more points than Matthews, JVR, Rielly, and Kadri did combined. Gardiner is only a scapegoat used by Leaf fans so they don't need to blame their precious little stars.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
What awful logic. Why would you use one of the worst contracts to compare what Myers might get? The Leafs had to 'overpay' Zaitsev as they were biding with his KHL team to entice him to come over.

I doubt he comes close to getting $49M. He's a very average NHL defenseman.
Nvm

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Given that the UFA market is out usually out of control, I can see him getting a 5x6mil deal. I think he is worth 4x4.

Nov 24, 2006
I think he's worth more to the Jets because he knows the system and the coaches know him. But they also know his limitations. His injuries have taken a toll on him, he's not the same Taylor Myers and I just think someone is going to pay him too much to the team and Taylor's detriment.

if someone gives him 6x6 for example, he's gonna get a lot of grief that won't be his fault. He's a heart and soul player. One of those you pull for but the body isn't what it was
*Tyler

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I think Dubas is thinking about it I just don't know if he can do it.

But yeah either a Rielly-Myers

Or a Muzzin-Myers pair yeah I think they are thinking about that

Dubas, the lover of advanced statistics and dislike for bad players is not looking at Tyler Myers and thinking "I gotta get me some of that".

If he signs a long-term contract, it has the potential to be crippling almost right out of the gate.

Feb 24, 2017
Ellis didn’t make it to free agency, but Myers looks like he will. The Leafs have found their partner for Rielly.

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
You're right of course. That old Taylor vs Tyler thingy thats in the back of my Brain. Either that or the onset of Alzheimer's. Enjoy it while yours is still spotless my friend. I'm 61 and I find I make these dumb mistakes much more often these days.

I guess Tyler isn't the only one who is a shadow of his former self.

Last edited:
Reactions: Royale With Cheese

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
5.5 million is not what a team should pay for an average defenseman.

To even argue so is ludicrous.

You said 5.5 million does not get you an average NHL D man yetI gave you 4 guys on that list, and there are probably more, that have higher cap hits and aren't average NHL D men.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Myers like Muzzin can't keep up to a guy like Rielly

Muzzin Myers, who carries the biscuit?

The problem with the Muzzin-Rielly pairing wasnt that Muzzin couldnt keep up with Rielly, hell Hainsey cant keep up with Rielly.

The problem was that Muzzin and Rielly are both way more comfortable on the left side. When paired together in the defensive zone they would both support the left side leaving the right exposed.

I would like the Leafs get a player similar to Myers, a RHD that is physical and can skate. I just dont know if Myers body is going to hold up much longer. He has a lot of miles on that body. I wouldnt mind Myers on a short 2-3 year deal but the salary could be scary.

Reactions: drhockey4321

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
From Detroit i'd probably do 5 x 5.5 for Tyler Myers but not a cent more.
Trust me, you're better off giving Winnipeg your first for Trouba.
(Not that Id say giving up such a high pick for Trouba is the best of ideas, but if it stops you from giving Myers 5.5M for 5 years, 2 of which he won't be anything but a cap dump, in the end you'll thank me)

Myers is held together by gorilla glue. He once was a true joy to watch but those days are gone and Tyler knows it

He was the type of player you loved watching up and down the ice. but that freewheeling style of play takes a toll.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad