Value of: Tyler Myers

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Tyler Myers to me is a guy that is not being talked about enough because you have Panarin, and Bobvrovsky and Karlsson but Tyler Myers is a guy I see getting A LOT of interest I'm interested to know where he goes and for how much

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
If Zaitsev is 'worth' 5 years at 4.5m I don't see how Myers doesn't get at least 7m over 7 years

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Hawks would love to have him, but not for the money and term he is going to command...

I am sure plenty of others feel the same.

Reactions: Devonator

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
If Zaitsev is 'worth' 5 years at 4.5m I don't see how Myers doesn't get at least 7m over 7 years

What awful logic. Why would you use one of the worst contracts to compare what Myers might get? The Leafs had to 'overpay' Zaitsev as they were biding with his KHL team to entice him to come over.

I doubt he comes close to getting $49M. He's a very average NHL defenseman.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
What awful logic. Why would you use one of the worst contracts to compare what Myers might get? The Leafs had to 'overpay' Zaitsev as they were biding with his KHL team to entice him to come over.

I doubt he comes close to getting $49M. He's a very average NHL defenseman.

The Leafs didn't give Zaitsev 4.5 million to come over from Russia, they did that aftet a 36 point rookie season

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
Myers is at least getting 6x6 and I think even then it would be worse than the Zaitsev contract. Myers is worse than Zaitsev defensively (97 blocks to Zaitsev's 151), and only puts up points because he is given much more of a chance offensively (way more PP time and 56% ozone start compared to Zaitsev's 41%). The only thing Myers could have going for him is his size but he doesn't because Zaitsev had more hits (130 to 99). Even if they had the same contract I'd still go with Zaitsev. That's how bad Myers is

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
So you just don't think he should be signed then because he's getting more than that
He shouldn't be. He brings nothing to a team. I wouldn't pay him 6 million for any kind of term. I wouldn't give him more than 3 million on along term deal. I hope Dubas doesn't even think about it.

Reactions: Morgs

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He shouldn't be. He brings nothing to a team. I wouldn't pay him 6 million for any kind of term. I wouldn't give him more than 3 million on along term deal. I hope Dubas doesn't even think about it.

I think Dubas is thinking about it I just don't know if he can do it.

But yeah either a Rielly-Myers

Or a Muzzin-Myers pair yeah I think they are thinking about that

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
I think Dubas is thinking about it I just don't know if he can do it.

But yeah either a Rielly-Myers

Or a Muzzin-Myers pair yeah I think they are thinking about that
I would rather keep Zaitsev than Myers. Myers is only going to get worse.
If Dubas is indeed considering spending that much money on defense, then Gardiner should be re-signed. He's actually a good defenseman and will be worth most of his contract, unlike the other two.

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
Someone is going to give him 6+ million long term.

I just hope it's not a desperate move from Chevy because we trade Trouba
I think he's worth more to the Jets because he knows the system and the coaches know him. But they also know his limitations. His injuries have taken a toll on him, he's not the same Taylor Myers and I just think someone is going to pay him too much to the team and Taylor's detriment.

if someone gives him 6x6 for example, he's gonna get a lot of grief that won't be his fault. He's a heart and soul player. One of those you pull for but the body isn't what it was

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I would rather keep Zaitsev than Myers. Myers is only going to get worse.
If Dubas is indeed considering spending that much money on defense, then Gardiner should be re-signed. He's actually a good defenseman and will be worth most of his contract, unlike the other two.

Gardiner is good when he's good, but when he's bad he's not just bad he's next level bad.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Gardiner is good when he's good, but when he's bad he's not just bad he's next level bad.

Myers is the worse right handed version of Gardiner. If you think Gardiner is good #3, Myers is a questionable #4 at best. This is why the Jets played him on their bottom pairing for two years.

GaryinPrague

Dec 12, 2011
so Myers was supposed to play above Trouba and Buff?
Myers is the worse right handed version of Gardiner. If you think Gardiner is good #3, Myers is a questionable #4 at best. This is why the Jets played him on their bottom pairing for two years.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Someone will over pay him based on his offensive production. He’ll likely steeply decline in a few years, not worth much more than 4 million now, never mind in a few years ...

Reactions: north49er

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Myers is bad when he's good and when he's bad he's next level bad. Myers is the defencemen whom most leaf fans think gardiner is

Leaf fans know exactly what Gardiner is.

Good Jake Gardiner is a fantastic skater that generates a TON of offense.

Bad Jake Gardiner can lose you a game damn near by himself case in point game 7 2018

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think he's a 4.5-5 mill type of defenseman. Anything past 5.5 mill and you start to regret it, unless it's super short term.

I think he could get 6-6.5 mill this year on a 5 or 6 year deal, and teams are going to regret it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad