Value of: Tyler Myers to Boston

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Personally, I'd say yes. But the add won't be as signficant as it would be if he were moved for Trouba. Bruins would probably rather overpay for Trouba, at least from my perspective.

Jet's wont give up Trouba as he's seen as a potential franchise D. IMO Myers is the one who would potentially be available for a #4 or maybe #5 LD (either playing now or 1 to 2 years away).

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
You can take things seriously and still be relaxed, I made a joke about your teams very good defensive depth and you proceeded to act like you have a real say in your teams operations just thought it was funny, that's all.

What are you talking about? You are the one that made it about the poster and not the post. Next time, debate the post, not about how seriously you feel another poster takes their own posts. Apparently your sarcasm meter is broken, dude; I have no idea who you are, and didn't feel any need to debate with you about your own posting style prior to you making it about my own. Apparently you've mistaken something I said as being stated in a serious vein... on a message board about hockey. Chill a bit perhaps. Yikes. Have a nice evening.

:dunno:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Jet's wont give up Trouba as he's seen as a potential franchise D. IMO Myers is the one who would potentially be available for a #4 or maybe #5 LD (either playing now or 1 to 2 years away).

I understand that. And the Jet's are more than welcome to do what's best for them. But if the Bruins don't see Myers as the solution, they likely aren't going to pay the price. I have no problem trying to acquire a consolation prize, but I don't see them overpaying for it.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Myers for Joe Morrow and 2018 1st?
Winnepeg gets a possible top-4 left shot d-man and a 1st.
Bostons gets Chara's replacement (well... Physically yes, mentally, not even close, Myers game is so not that style, not one bit).

I like this move, Morrow and a 2017 1st. I'd be okay adding something else small. Would McQuaid be of any interest as an addition; as a bottom pairing righty?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Strait is not solving anything. :laugh:

Luckily WPG has a good enough defense besides him where he won't need to play too many minutes.

Jets lost deep depth in Pardy and Harrison. Strait is a cheap option for that role in case the Jets have a lot of injuries.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Jets aren't moving Myers for a potential #4 or #5. He's already a solid top 4. I think there's too much emphasis on which way the D hold their stick. Trouba has already shown that he can excel in top pair minutes playing the left side. I don't think the Jets need to move Myers at all.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I'm not against moving Myers (though I do like him), it's just that Boston has precious little to offer (in terms of what's realistically in play) that I would be interested in. I do not care for the B's prospects too much. I don't believe we make good trading partners. If the 2017 1st was in play unconditionally it would give me pause, but in spite of it's inherent value, the Jets have such a deep prospect pool that even adding a potentially excellent piece to it doesn't interest me much as that piece is not going to be impactful likely until 2020.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Skates well for his size and has some skill. I'm not a fan of his game...He's probably softer than Jimmy Hayes...and seeing how Boston treated Hayes last season, Myers would get pitchforked out of town. He also has a knack for getting himself injured every year. I don't think he's worth the asking price in some of the posts in this thread. Decent 2nd pairing guy though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad