Tyler Myers - serious leg injury in Austria?

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
What did you hear? Nothing on their web site, or Twitter feed, although that doesn't mean it's not up yet.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
left ankle, don't know what injury it is.

2 teammates had to help him off the ice, he was really in pain. Tried calling some people, but nobody has anything new right now.

Last edited:

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Oh well. Those are the breaks. At least he'll have a long time to rehab it before the Sabres play another game.

I wonder if the Sabres could void his contract ( not that they would do it ) since this injury happened outside of the scope of NHL hockey?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Oh well. Those are the breaks. At least he'll have a long time to rehab it before the Sabres play another game.

I wonder if the Sabres could void his contract ( not that they would do it ) since this injury happened outside of the scope of NHL hockey?

Not void... but maybe suspension without pay from the team till cleared. But then again, that's what insurance is for...
So his NHL contract/salary is covered either way.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Tyler Myers isn't in violation of his NHL contract by playing overseas. The worst the Sabres could do if they agreed to a CBA tomorrow would be to suspend him for failing his physical and not being fit to play.

But yes, that's why all these players have insurance before going overseas.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Tyler Myers isn't in violation of his NHL contract by playing overseas. The worst the Sabres could do if they agreed to a CBA tomorrow would be to suspend him for failing his physical and not being fit to play.

But yes, that's why all these players have insurance before going overseas.

Right, but the Sabres aren't insured and would still have his cap hit. I wonder if this was Ville Leino what action the Sabres would take speculating it was a serious injury.

Obviously, because it is Tyler Myers, the Sabres probably wouldn't take any action.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Right, but the Sabres aren't insured and would still have his cap hit. I wonder if this was Ville Leino what action the Sabres would take speculating it was a serious injury.

Obviously, because it is Tyler Myers, the Sabres probably wouldn't take any action.

LTIR would provide the cap relief should they need it under that scenario. Unsuspend him first obviously.

(I think there's a separate line in the old CBA about on ice / off ice suspensions being treated differently for cap reasons, but I don't have time to look it up now.)

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
As I said on the main board thread, thank god the season doesn't look like it's starting any time soon. Our line-up sure would look great with Myers, Ennis, Hodgson, and Tropp all starting out on IR.

I hope it's not as serious as it seems it might be though.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
UPDATE: not that bad, could return next weekend.
It was yesterday when the 47.Spielminute game between Moser Medical Graz99ers and EC KAC. NHL star Tyler Myers had (on the right) injured by the ice, last night he was still sent for an MRI scan to the hospital. The injury should now not be as bad as thought.

Myers was writhing on the ice and this could only leave with support. The defender went to ground after a challenge, überknöchelte and stretched the tapes. Myers is the KAC missing tomorrow against Innsbruck in any case, next Friday against the Defender Szekesfehervar could already celebrate his comeback.
In the line up this time not there, defense giant Tyler Myers. The Canadian überknöchelte unhappy against Graz and overstretched the ligaments. If all goes well, the defender is said to begin on Friday in Szekesfehervar be back in the squad.

Link: http://www.kac.at/ec-kac/der-kac-kampft-in-innsbruck-um-pflichtpunkte/

Last edited:

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
The wrath of Tim Connolly

theconnollyl.bmp

I'm Tim Connolly and I approve this message

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad