Tyler Myers hit on Joel Armia (no discipline)

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
So what about the Habs with all the penalties last game. Should anger be built up and Weber delivered a dirty hit on Horvath. There is no excuses for Myers hit.

Never said it excused his hit. I just listed it as one of the cause that lead to Myers making a bad decision. It does not excuse it in any way.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
So really, what's the proper play here based on Myers intial position and angle on the play? Let Armia skate past him on the boards while he continues to have zero awareness to his surroundings, poke check him? If he held up doesn't shift his weight at all it's likely a similar result. Obviously a suspension based on past plays, but he hit his chest and wasn't solely targetting his head even though he got it. I don't think it's as malicious as people are making it out to be, but I didn't watch the game so I have no idea if there is other context involved.
Given the time and score the smartest play was probably to back off a bit and just defend the blueline. Most important thing at the moment is to run out the clock without embarrassing yourself further. Physical play at that moment has no affect on the game or the next game (unless it goes poorly, which is exactly what happened).

Reactions: robsenz

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
The real suspension would be for him to play 40 mins next game vs the Habs, He's horrible and Habs have a better chance of winning with this clown on the ice and not in the press box.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Not the point but I have to say that tacos are an excellent unit of measurement

We could start a trend here man. Me, you and anyone else who wants to join. Just need to remember 4 tacos is a foot and we are golden...

Just like those delicious tacos.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
The issue is for someone that tall, it’s hard not to get the head in that situation.

If only there was a way for him not to make the hit... dumbass.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
As a Habs fan, i actually hope he isn't suspended. Travis Green should invoke a self-imposed suspension to keep him off the ice. Tyler Myers is actually worse than Mike Matheson on D. Its shocking.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Incase you did not understand hockey rules, blind side and hit to the heads had been banned.

In case you can't read my post, I didn't reference anything to do with blind side hits or hits to the head. The poster I quoted said he took a "small leap"... he didn't.

I said nothing about the legality of the hit in general, in fact that's the FIRST THING MY POST SAID.

Reading comprehension... wow.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Correct me if him wrong but if you get a 5 minutes penalty when there less than 5 minutes to play you're suspended for the next game, no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad