Tyler Myers Appreciation Thread

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I'm fairly confident your gonna bust out all over the place with the Peg and take the playoffs by storm. There goes the dream of the tallest back line in league history.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Hope he tears it up for Winnipeg. Gonna miss watching him lug the puck. His rookie year especially, he was just flying everywhere. Great to watch

Kc232

Hi
Aug 12, 2008

Was at this game. One of my favorite Tyler Myers moments, along with this shootout game winner against the bolts his rookie year.

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
Wish Tyler all the best, hope he wins a Nortis trophy in the future.

I knew this would happen, I thought about buying his jersey a couple if tears ago. Whenever I buy or think about buying a jersey bad things happen. Therefore I swear I will NEVER buy a McEickel or Reinhart jersey.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Going to miss seeing the big guy carrying it up the ice....A rare type of player indeed....Still think he has a bright future....BOL Tyler !

BCS

Feb 18, 2008
tyler-myers-vs-eller-o.gif

Godspeed.

jamers

bleep bop bloop
Sep 17, 2011
Wish him the best of luck. Particularly over the last two years, watching him swoop down the ice with the puck 3-4 times a game was a lot of fun.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
A bitter pill to swallow. Myers will be sorely missed.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Have not been a fan or thoroughly impressed with him in about 4 years but I'll wish him luck. He will always be a player where the phrase "what could have been" fits him to a T. After his first two years he looked like he was going to be that elusive franchise #1 capable of big minutes, anchoring the PP and PK and amassing 40-50+ points year in and year out. That obviously never happened. Sadly, he peaked as a rookie (no, he was not having the best season of his career this or last year. He was by far the best as a rookie) and that will always factor in to my memories of him. I thought he would go down as potentially the best dman in Sabre history. That's obviously not even close anymore.

And for as much as I thought he was overrated around here, I was actually a huge fan of his from 2009-2012. I thought his first 2 seasons were incredible as a 19-21 year old and that his 3rd season was only disappointing due to injuries and that he was still a future franchise dman. I even defended him on the main boards around ~2011-2012 against Subban. Sadly, they both trended in opposite directions, Myers down and Subban up. This year was probably his 2nd or 3rd best season in his career but it just wasn't close to being good enough for how much he was paid/played.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Have not been a fan or thoroughly impressed with him in about 4 years but I'll wish him luck. He will always be a player where the phrase "what could have been" fits him to a T. After his first two years he looked like he was going to be that elusive franchise #1 capable of big minutes, anchoring the PP and PK and amassing 40-50+ points year in and year out. That obviously never happened. Sadly, he peaked as a rookie (no, he was not having the best season of his career this or last year. He was by far the best as a rookie) and that will always factor in to my memories of him. I thought he would go down as potentially the best dman in Sabre history. That's obviously not even close anymore.

And for as much as I thought he was overrated around here, I was actually a huge fan of his from 2009-2012. I thought his first 2 seasons were incredible as a 19-21 year old and that his 3rd season was only disappointing due to injuries and that he was still a future franchise dman. I even defended him on the main boards around ~2011-2012 against Subban. Sadly, they both trended in opposite directions, Myers down and Subban up. This year was probably his 2nd or 3rd best season in his career but it just wasn't close to being good enough for how much he was paid/played.

your entire post fails to mention the deterioration of a competent squat around him. Each year this team lost more and more good players as we crept towards a rebuild. Myers has always been prone to learning pains but his greatest demise was playing for a team that got worse and worse with each year of his contract. I wish him the best of luck and due to the bickering amongst my fellow Sabres fans who were glad to see him go I hope he goes full blown Chara on the West coast and has a GREAT career.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Cliff Notes.

--"Ill wish him luck" ...

-- God he sucks ..

-- Rabble Rabble Rabble ..

-- Points.

ZeroPT*

Myers could shut down Crosby for a decade and some would still think he's bad because he doesn't get points.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Gotta give to get... Wish Myers all the best. While he wasn't always successful during his time in Buffalo, it wasn't from lack of trying. If he develops into the next Chara, good on Winnipeg for making the most of a bad situation.

I'll miss the swooping condor though... when Myers got moving, it was fun to watch.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

I used to think Myers was good because... points
I no longer think Myers is good because... points
I don't know anything about hockey, but... points

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya

I can easily envision you like this in a Buf-Wpg game.
Every time Myers makes a mistake you laugh and gloat about how he's overrated and overpaid.
Every time Bogosian makes a mistake you tell us how Murray sucked from day 1.

Can we just be non-dramatic here?

30Yonge

Jan 24, 2014
I hope Myers turns into the best dman his talent allows.
Good luck to him in the West.

Sinter Klaas

Aug 19, 2006
Making Lists
Just a couple of days ago I posted that I thought Myers was being shopped and that he was likely gone before the start of next season (didn't expect it to be the next day). A lot of people were still blinded by the idea of Tyler Myers the player as opposed to Tyler Myers in reality.

The consensus was that all of the Myers rumors were a conspiracy theory, invented by columnists who had nothing better to do and that if Myers was being traded it was if a team offered a massive overpayment. Well I wouldn't say we were offered a massive overpayment.

Simply put there was something about his game that the organization wasn't sold on and they made him expendable. They also knew that he wasn't likely going to life up to his potential in Buffalo IMO.

I hope he is able to live up to his potential with the Jets but I am not so sure that is best organization for him.

Shoey

Hello.
Jun 25, 2006
Buffalo, NY
www.ypoiw.blogspot.com
For awhile I was about as high on Tyler Myers as anyone else here seems to be now. I'm still rooting for the guy to become an elite player, even if I think there's no quantifiable reason to think that's a possibility at this point in his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00