Tyler Myers Appreciation Thread

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
Loved him as a rookie...was irritated with him during his growing pains the next few seasons...began liking him again when Nolan took over as coach. Wish him the best!

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
I'll always remember his first NHL point when he got the wind knocked out of him by Doan after jumping up to keep a puck in at the blueline.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Tyler is an intriguing and confusing character. I definitely wish him well, I think he's a good guy.

Two plays stand out for me:

The time he got really mad after the whistle and ended up grabbing a player AND A LINESMAN TRYING TO BREAK UP THE FIGHT and dragged both of them like 10 feet from the crease area out in front of the net. Too bad we never saw much of that Tyler.

Other time: the time he got like a 2 or 3 game suspension for destroying a guy into the boards. I wanted to see more of that too. As I recall the hit wasn't really all that much of a cheap shot...just a showing of what a guy who is 6'8" can do when he gets really pissed off.

Unfortunately, Tyler is not a "mean" player and never will be.

Good luck to him. So long Swooping Condor!

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
The fact that his career as a Sabre is already over still hasn't completely hit me yet..

But he'll definitely be missed, and I wish him all the best in reaching his potential. Winnipeg has a scary scary defence.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
I always love watching WPG play. Think they have a great atmosphere at home. Wish the best for Myers, really think he can be a great d-man, but it's up to him if he gets to that point. Will definitely be watching WPG closer from this point

Bps21*

I have a lot of respect for how much he was able to turn his game around. That can't be easy to do with all the pressure and all the eyes on you all the time. I was also impressed that no matter how bad it got or how much better it became...he never showed publicly that it was getting to him...and was a total pro from a very young age.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Im don't buy jerseys with names or numbers because I don't care who the player is Ill always side with the team over the player. 57 is the only exception I ever made, now he's gone, and I'm sad. Bye Condor, it wasn't always good, it wasn't even always tolerable but I loved watching you carry the puck.

Mellifleur

Aug 4, 2005
Buffalo, New York
I am disappointed that we traded him. He has a very unique physical set of tools and skill-set. Guys that are that tall and skate as well as him are very rare. Sure he wasn't as physical as some people wanted him to be, that wasn't his game. Due to his size the Chara comparisons were due to come... but if I had to force a comparison it would be Lidstrom. No way I am saying he is even remotely as good as Lidstrom, but if his potential panned out he was on that path. Both big guys, obviously Lidstrom being smaller and cerebral players that could rush the puck and create offense.

The most memorable Tyler Myers moment for me wasn't a scoring moment though he got an assist. He rushed through Detroit's defense his rookie year, catching them all flat-footed taking a shot from the left side and creating a rebound for an easy score (forgot the recipient of that gift was). Also up there was his shootout against Tampa Bay, his ragdolling of Lars Eller and him ragdolling a few Flyers in the playoffs.

7 11 14

Jan 18, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Dude was a beast. I'll never forget when he labeled Kris Versteeg in game 6 vs. Philly in 2011. People used to ***** about him being "soft" but that was a hit that will always stick out to me.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Even if I disagreed with his perceived value he still worked hard and put in five and a half solid season with the Sabres. It would have been interesting to keep him around and see what kind of player he became over the next three or four years. He put on a brave face while months of speculation followed his every move, kudos to the young man for dealing with it as best he could. Now if only I knew what to do with the signed Tyler Myers jersey I was given?

In that 2010/11 playoff series Gragnani lead the team with 7 points followed by Myers with 6 then Vanek with 5. We were lacking forward depth (and talent) then and currently have the same problem so hopefully the loss of Myers will be offset by the gain in forward depth.

internet toughguy

Dec 16, 2009
Richmond, VA
OT blast vs. Vokun when we absolutely had to have that win against Florida.

OT snipe against Schneider the same year on a giveaway by Hamhuis.

Shootout winner against Tampa Bay.

:yo::handclap:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Bye, big guy. :(
Gonna be watching more of the Jets now, that's for sure. I'll always root for #57 (unless Winnipeg and Buffalo someday meet in a SCF, then sorry Tyler but no).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad