Confirmed with Link: Tyler Johnson for Brent Seabrook

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
what the hell is Stan doing.

overpays to acquire Seth
extends Seth for 8 years at 1.5-2M per overpayment....

does not qualify Suter

acquires MAF even though he may never play with the hawks and gets no retained salary

Acquires Johnson who shitty and is on a terrible contract and gets only a draft pick in return

the hawks are headed right back to Cap hell it seems by design

unbelievable

someone has to stop Stan, Rocky needs to fire his ass ASAP

stop the bleeding, please!

there is no plan

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
what the hell is Stan doing.

overpays to acquire Seth
extends Seth for 8 years at 1.5-2M per overpayment....

does not qualify Suter

acquires MAF even though he may never play with the hawks and gets no retained salary

Acquires Johnson who shitty and is on a terrible contract and gets only a draft pick in return

the hawks are headed right back to Cap hell it seems by design

unbelievable

someone has to stop Stan, Rocky needs to fire his ass ASAP

stop the bleeding, please!

Lol.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I'm banking on Tampa to age, lose more guys and/or suck in 2022 so that 2nd round pick is a high pick in 2023. Stan is playing 4 D chess right now :sarcasm:

not likely to happen that fast for Tampa they have a really solid core that is NOT too old, ya I know you were not likely serious....

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Is Johnson still capable of playing C or is he RW exclusive now?

If he is RW fulltime now top 6 likely is going to be (Pending Toews health)

Debrincat-Dach-Kane
Kubalik-Toews-Johnson

I asked some Tampa fans that same thing a couple of weeks ago and the answer I got was that he looked better at center

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Tyler Johnson. What you are getting other than a 5 million dollar cap hit. Your getting an under rated two way center that has speed to burn and hockey IQ that bleeds out his ears. He still very much is a legit top 6 center as you will find out. He is a play maker that and will acclimate in the locker room very well in Chicago. Also, he is responsible for one of my favorite hockey memories, against your one of your rivals none the less the Redwings.

Down in the series 2 games to 1, Lightning came out flat. Detroit had a two goal lead with 6 minutes left to go and they were firing on all cylinders and the Bolts just couldn't seem to get anything going. Then Tyler Johnson Happened. This was probably the Lightnings best playoff comeback ever This is the player your getting, not the AHL scrub that most people believe he is.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Hawks acquire an actual NHL player... one who is solid defensively, and has scored 20 goals basically 5 of his 9 NHL seasons, and gets rid of Seabs' contract. Something this board has wanted to do forever. Acquires a 2nd, and almost 2m in actual cap space. And people still complain. Never change HF Hawks.
Old Tyler Johnson is a much different player than we're getting.

Reactions: Panzerspitze

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Johnson isn't what he was 5 years ago, but still can put up points here and is a buzzsaw...I love the dude and how he plays- his contract is meh, but it seems we aren't going to be FA spenders anyway, so this is how we are doing it.

Fan of Johnson, 3 more years though might be dicey, but we will have shit tons of cap room in 2 years time anyway.,

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Hawks acquire an actual NHL player... one who is solid defensively, and has scored 20 goals basically 5 of his 9 NHL seasons, and gets rid of Seabs' contract. Something this board has wanted to do forever. Acquires a 2nd, and almost 2m in actual cap space. And people still complain. Never change HF Hawks.

the Seabrook contract was gone. He was permanently LTIR’ed. The Hawks didn’t trade for 26 year old Tyler Johnson, they traded for 31 year old Tyler Johnson and now get him at age 31, 32, 33.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
giphy.gif

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Is Johnson still capable of playing C or is he RW exclusive now?

If he is RW fulltime now top 6 likely is going to be (Pending Toews health)

Debrincat-Dach-Kane
Kubalik-Toews-Johnson

capable? not sure

Cirelli played 2C, Gourde was 3C

Johnson has played the wing for the better part of two/three seasons now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad