Tyler Ennis gets game misconduct for abuse of linesman, no additional discipline

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
overreaction? you can't touch an official. That's one of the primary rules of professional sport, or really, sport in general. Suspend him by the letter of the law, which is three games. He's a dumbass. Move on.

I don't care if he's suspended or not. But yeah... it's an overreaction when you consider that a stick tap like that is nothing more than getting someones attention. Nothing threatening.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Oh, if you're referring to a stick tap being worthy of a suspension equal to a flying headshot during the run of play, then I agree.

Cap'n

Jun 8, 2007
Anderson, SC
I could understand the reasoning of a 3 game suspension. Does the NHL really want to get into discerning how hard a player "tapped" an official? Don't touch them, plain and simple. That's an easy threshold to uphold.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
If that were on of the kids on our team who can do no wrong and not Ennis who everyone seems to hate for some reason there would be a different tune. It wasn't a big deal, he didn't shove or cause any harm to the official. It's quite clearly not going to result in a suspension nor should it.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I don't care if he's suspended or not. But yeah... it's an overreaction when you consider that a stick tap like that is nothing more than getting someones attention. Nothing threatening.
lol way not let the players smack the ref with their sticks

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
If that were on of the kids on our team who can do no wrong and not Ennis who everyone seems to hate for some reason there would be a different tune. It wasn't a big deal, he didn't shove or cause any harm to the official. It's quite clearly not going to result in a suspension nor should it.

If Girgensons or Risto did the same thing, I'd be saying suspend them, too. Has nothing to do with who it is, it was a stupid thing to do.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
No additional discipline for Ennis per Vogl:
Tyler Ennis' whack on the hand won't result in anything more than a slap on the wrist.

The NHL Hockey Operations Department has reviewed Friday night's incident in which Ennis hit linesman Derek Nansen on the hand with his stick, and the league has determined that no supplemental discipline is warranted, an NHL source told The News this afternoon.

Ennis, who apologized for his bad judgment this morning, could have been suspended for the incident. Instead, the league determined the game misconduct penalty was enough.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
And everyone looks pretty dumb. Enjoyable watching the agendas fly in this thread.

?

The guy broke a rule that by the book is a suspension. The NHL reviewed it, decided it wasn't worth it, and moved on. So will we. Doesn't mean Ennis isn't a dumbass for doing it in the first place.

But hey, agendas, right? Sometimes it's okay to call a spade a spade.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
It was stupid, but not terrible and he doesn't have a reputation as an idiot. He was lucky to avoid suspension. Nothing more to see here people...move along.

That was probably his saving grace for not getting suspended. If he had prior suspensions they probably would've handed one down.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
?

The guy broke a rule that by the book is a suspension. The NHL reviewed it, decided it wasn't worth it, and moved on. So will we. Doesn't mean Ennis isn't a dumbass for doing it in the first place.

But hey, agendas, right? Sometimes it's okay to call a spade a spade.

Feel free to inform me of the agenda I push, please. This has been said to me a couple of times this month, yet nobody has been able to tell me what my agenda is. Honesty, I'm curious.

Cap'n

Jun 8, 2007
Anderson, SC
Feel free to inform me of the agenda I push, please. This has been said to me a couple of times this month, yet nobody has been able to tell me what my agenda is. Honesty, I'm curious.

Think Afino's point was the posters (myself included) were making statements based on established NHL rules. Didn't seem to me like he asserted you had an agenda but rather that you might be more careful asserting that others do.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
unless the ref says something about your mother...No touchie :shakehead

Any sport gets tainted when the players get away with contact with an ref..nuff said

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

So then why are you accusing others of having an "agenda" in the same manner? People thinking that what Ennis did was stupid is not an "agenda". This word gets brutalized around here.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

seriously? you don't touch refs, you don't ever touch a ref, there's no reason to touch a ref

don't like the precedent this sets, organization should take the reigns on this and suspend him for tonight's game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad