Tyler Ennis gets game misconduct for abuse of linesman, no additional discipline

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
seriously? you don't touch refs, you don't ever touch a ref, there's no reason to touch a ref

don't like the precedent this sets, organization should take the reigns on this and suspend him for tonight's game

I wouldn't have a problem if the team scratched him for one game.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
So then why are you accusing others of having an "agenda" in the same manner? People thinking that what Ennis did was stupid is not an "agenda". This word gets brutalized around here.

There are quite few people around here that criticize this player no matter what he does.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Probably the most ridiculous game misconduct penalty I've ever seen.

A friendly tap is allowed or tolerated in pretty much every sport that I know of, including hockey, so the reaction here is just priceless. :laugh: Useless ****ing mongs.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
seriously? you don't touch refs, you don't ever touch a ref, there's no reason to touch a ref

don't like the precedent this sets, organization should take the reigns on this and suspend him for tonight's game

I would never condone any actions or intent to injury or harm an official.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
There are quite few people around here that criticize this player no matter what he does.

Yep.

That could be said for certain other players aswell

Not really.

Ennis & Hodgson take the brunt of the criticism, routinely bashed not only for their own weaknesses and bad plays, but for the state of things generally. Not much quarter given for influencing factors of course.

Comparably, the poor play of guys like Moulson and Gionta is routinely shrugged off, while the Stewarts and Staffords are mainly subjected to no more than an occasional one-liner diss in the GDT. Same with the entire bottom six, as it seems they at least "try hard" ;)

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Yep.

Not really.

Ennis & Hodgson take the brunt of the criticism, routinely bashed not only for their own weaknesses and bad plays, but for the state of things generally. Not much quarter given for influencing factors of course.

Comparably, the poor play of guys like Moulson and Gionta is routinely shrugged off, while the Stewarts and Staffords are mainly subjected to no more than an occasional one-liner diss in the GDT. Same with the entire bottom six, as it seems they at least "try hard" ;)

so what you're saying is 2 guys with longer contracts catch more fan heat then 2 guys relatively new to the Sabres roster and 2 guys who wont be part of the Sabres roster much longer? interesting

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
so what you're saying is 2 guys with longer contracts catch more fan heat then 2 guys relatively new to the Sabres roster and 2 guys who wont be part of the Sabres roster much longer? interesting

Um, no. That's actually not what I said. :shakehead

But no worries, I'm used to you manufacturing cause to diss whatever comment I post. To each according to his nature I guess. :yo:

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
It doesnt take much manufacturing to find faults in your ideas

You want to find fault with the ideas/opinions themselves, go for it, open season, have a convo or not, etc. For my own part I'd even be keen to hear/read your countering ideas/opinions (you've had some in other threads, after all). But please lay off the unnecessary personalized put downs. Seriously.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

The reality is actually the opposite. There are only a few around here who take it personally when their favorite player is objectively criticized.

You are one of the those few

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
You want to find fault with the ideas/opinions themselves, go for it, open season, have a convo or not, etc. For my own part I'd even be keen to hear/read your countering ideas/opinions (you've had some in other threads, after all). But please lay off the unnecessary personalized put downs. Seriously.

Says the guy who wrote how all the mean knowledgeable people should get NHL jobs if there so smart... that doesn't sound personal at all.
Mister pot your good friend mister kettle is calling.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012

I did find a fault in your opinion, you chose to ignore it, stafford and Stewart are gone soon, people aren't invested in those players, most people think Gionta isn't a very good hockey player at this point in his career and he hasn't been around long enough to really be under people's skin, and Moulson is getting a free pass ATM but I'd guess he's still on his grace period like Gionta

People round here have been ******** on Stafford since he signed his last contract, it got so bad for a while there was a "it's hip to hate stafford" thread. But Ennis and Hodgson are the faces of this stink hole with Vanek and Miller gone. They're going to shoulder the brunt if this for the foreseeable future.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Says the guy who wrote how all the mean knowledgeable people should get NHL jobs if there so smart... that doesn't sound personal at all.
Mister pot your good friend mister kettle is calling.

Actually, that is not what I wrote. Look it up.

Please look it up. And read it again. You will catch that my post was a not-so-subtle comment on the same theme - that the know-it-all attitude goes too far when personalized put downs are inserted for effect.

There is nothing kettle/pot in mildly reproaching someone who belittles others for their opinion or who (as per the poster to whom I was responding before your jump-in) outright calls another stupid for daring to comment an opinion.

And there is nothing kettle/pot in requesting that someone lay off with the belittling. Which, incidentally, is what I did in my post above.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
I did find a fault in your opinion, you chose to ignore it, stafford and Stewart are gone soon, people aren't invested in those players, most people think Gionta isn't a very good hockey player at this point in his career and he hasn't been around long enough to really be under people's skin, and Moulson is getting a free pass ATM but I'd guess he's still on his grace period like Gionta

People round here have been ******** on Stafford since he signed his last contract, it got so bad for a while there was a "it's hip to hate stafford" thread. But Ennis and Hodgson are the faces of this stink hole with Vanek and Miller gone. They're going to shoulder the brunt if this for the foreseeable future.

Not agreeing is different than ignoring. And sometimes there's a diff between something that is and something that ought to be.

For example, while I don't disagree that Ennis/Hodgson "are going to shoulder the brunt of this...", I'm not of the take that they should be subject to the wholesale bashing without the caveat that they're working with the likes of Stafford, Stewart, Gionta, and Moulson.

I'm not blind to the weaknesses/crap play of either Ennis/Hodgson, but I'm also not blind to what they do - and can - bring to the table. To my mind, anyway, they are $4.x mil complimentary top 6/9 pieces (depending on the make-up of the team) who are subjected to unwarranted criticism for failing to be $6.x mil+ guys who are able to carry the dead weight on their line - and the team in general.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
Not agreeing is different than ignoring. And sometimes there's a diff between something that is and something that ought to be.

For example, while I don't disagree that Ennis/Hodgson "are going to shoulder the brunt of this...", I'm not of the take that they should be subject to the wholesale bashing without the caveat that they're working with the likes of Stafford, Stewart, Gionta, and Moulson.

I'm not blind to the weaknesses/crap play of either Ennis/Hodgson, but I'm also not blind to what they do - and can - bring to the table. To my mind, anyway, they are $4.x mil complimentary top 6/9 pieces (depending on the make-up of the team) who are subjected to unwarranted criticism for failing to be $6.x mil+ guys who are able to carry the dead weight on their line - and the team in general.

It goes much deeper than this post as to why Ennis and Hodgson get more criticism than anyone else. Ennis v Hodgson has probably driven the most posts of any topic on these boards for the last 3 years. They will always be the center of attention around here. They receive the most criticism when they produce, when they fail to produce, and when they produce failure. They're the hottest topic and have been since March of 2012.

Cap'n

Jun 8, 2007
Anderson, SC
Feel fairly certain that if any other Sabres had done the same thing as Ennis we still would have had this thread with the same opinions. No bias towards or against Ennis here.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
Feel fairly certain that if any other Sabres had done the same thing as Ennis we still would have had this thread with the same opinions. No bias towards or against Ennis here.

omg if Kaleta did this, people would be selling pitch forks and corded rope

Clock

May 13, 2006
A suspension isn't needed, but why are you even thinking about touching officials.

Exactly. It's not like he murdered anyone, but it was a disappointingly stupid thing to do.

Hopefully lesson learned and moving on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad