Confirmed with Link: Two-way deal with Drayson Bowman

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
It seems to be a waste of a contract, but it's 1 year so I guess there isn't anybody else available for Hamilton in the immediate.

Not sure he's really that much of an upgrade on Blunden.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Destiny!

IMG_0636-1-M.jpg

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It seems to be a waste of a contract, but it's 1 year so I guess there isn't anybody else available for Hamilton in the immediate.

Bowman AHL PPG 0.59 NHL 0.19

Blunden AHL PPG 0.49 NHL 0.08

He's an upgrade offensively, which was Hamilton biggest weakness last year.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Bowman AHL PPG 0.59 NHL 0.19

Blunden AHL PPG 0.49 NHL 0.08

He's an upgrade offensively, which was Hamilton biggest weakness last year.

Point wise yeah, strength wise no. So iow I'm still not sure he's really that much more needed.

Edit: They didn't sign Sorkin?

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Point wise yeah, strength wise no. So iow I'm still not sure he's really that much more needed.

The main problem was putting puck in the net. Bowman is better than Blunden at putting the puck in the net.

Finley, Crisp, Fournier, Nevins and Tinordi (maybe) can take care of that strenght thing.

Bowman - Hensick - Thomas
DLR - Hudon - Andrighetto

is actually a decent top6. With Carr, Sorkin, Bozon and Holland competing to get into that top6, Hamilton's offence should be more potent this year.

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
Blunden is a bigger, more physical player than Bowman. I thought he was one of the better players on the Bulldogs during his time in Hamilton as well as a serviceable emergency call-up.

We will see if Bowman can do as well.

Bowman managed to stick in the NHL in a way Blunden could never do and has higher offensive upside in the A, IMO. But to say he was a big upgrade was an overstatement, for sure. I should say he's a needed replacement for Blunden in the A and, I think, a more likely contributor if he gets called up to the bigs. I don't overrate McGuire but he strongly endorsed Bowman as an offensive player. Never really saw that upside in Blunden. Physical yes. Intimidating, not so much.

No harm in hoping. We'll see indeed.

habitue*

I thought the guy did not want to play at AHL level anymore, and would rather go to Europe...

he doesnt bring anything that Thomas, Andrighetto, or DeLarOse can bring as callups.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I thought the guy did not want to play at AHL level anymore, and would rather go to Europe...

he doesnt bring anything that Thomas, Andrighetto, or DeLarOse can bring as callups.

Pro experience? But yeah, mostly good pro for the kids back in Hamilton.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

As far as I know Sorkin is in Hamilton's camp on a PTO.

I thought I heard that as well so I'm surprised he agreed to join the Dogs but I'm glad he did as they need offense so badly. He brings decent depth to the club and should be a big help to the Dogs offensive woes.

Harry Wong

Oct 25, 2009
I too heard/read that Bowman would not take a two way contract. So getting to sign a two way contract after giving him a chance to make the big club I thought demonstrated pretty good management by Bergevin. He should help the Dogs and is some insurance for the Habs.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Bowman has 176 NHL games of experience. Looks like a solid depth move who can also help the young Dogs. I would make him Captain immediately

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
I too heard/read that Bowman would not take a two way contract. So getting to sign a two way contract after giving him a chance to make the big club I thought demonstrated pretty good management by Bergevin. He should help the Dogs and is some insurance for the Habs.

the guarantee that the least he can make is $200,000 prob convinced him to stay

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

Bowman will drop the gloves. He even held his own against Gudas in a fight.

Bowman will get time with the Habs this season.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

How would it be a waste of a contract? He showed he could help at the NHL level and will provide depth and veteran leadership in Hamilton on a young team.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
How would it be a waste of a contract? He showed he could help at the NHL level and will provide depth and veteran leadership in Hamilton on a young team.

He did? Thought he wasn't very impressive in all pre-season games he played compared to our rookies. I'm doubting he'll ever play 1 NHL game this season. I'd recall a lot of people before him and that's what makes it seem like a waste of a NHL contract.

Bowman will drop the gloves. He even held his own against Gudas in a fight.

Bowman will get time with the Habs this season.

Unless the infirmary is full, I really doubt that will happen.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I loved the kid in the dub and I think he at the very least should be a nice contributor for Hamilton and help some of the kids develop.

Good move.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
He did? Thought he wasn't very impressive in all pre-season games he played compared to our rookies. I'm doubting he'll ever play 1 NHL game this season. I'd recall a lot of people before him and that's what makes it seem like a waste of a NHL contract.

Unless the infirmary is full, I really doubt that will happen.

Not sure about that. If injuries occur in the top 6, yes you might see a deLaRose, but I don't see how deLaRose helps if two fourth liners go down.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
As far as I know Sorkin is in Hamilton's camp on a PTO.

Hey Montreal, who else is on PTO? Is it just Sorkin?

And Dowell, Shea, Hensick, Makowski and Finley on AHL contracts?

It seems to me Sorkin and Dowell were playing quite impressively, and might deserve one of our 50 NHL contracts. Including Bowman and not including the players returned to the CHL , we are now at 45 contracts, and Bouillon might be the 46th.

So there is room for four more NHL contracts. I know some more guys can sign AHL contracts, but if there are really good, another NHL can grab them from under our nose, so we have to be careful.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Not sure about that. If injuries occur in the top 6, yes you might see a deLaRose, but I don't see how deLaRose helps if two fourth liners go down.

I'd say it's a good point, but probably more with Andrighetto & Thomas. DLR with his skills as a two-way forward would fit well on the bottom 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad