Confirmed with Link: Two-way deal with Drayson Bowman

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Like this a lot. Really liked his game last year whenever I saw him. Good speed and energy. Good depth move.

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
Big upgrade on Blunden in Hamilton and as a depth call up, IMO.

Really something to watch MB create depth and competition in this org.

Oct 22, 2012
He had to be cut to sign this new contract, not sure if he wasn't announced because waiting league approval or if just gave in to the two way contract. Either way, more depth!

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Are you sure? It seems weird to me that we sign him to a two-way deal yet we can lose him literally the next day. How would any team be able to sign new prospects if this was true?

2 way just means he gets paid less for being in AHL... Waiver status is determined by age and contract type (rfa).

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Good to see.

Lots of potential. And good to see Bergevin moving away from smurfs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Baldy was gushing about this guy on Melnick's show this aft. Real glad we got him signed.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Are you sure? It seems weird to me that we sign him to a two-way deal yet we can lose him literally the next day. How would any team be able to sign new prospects if this was true?

Waivers kick in after 3 years under contract for skaters (depending on how many NHL games they appeared in over that span), all skaters will need to pass through waivers after that assuming they didn't appear in too many games already meaning that if you play a bunch of games in the NHL it could end up being less then 3 years.

So think of most players not 18-24 aged as likely needing to go through waivers (goalies, NCAA and Euros make it more complicated)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Taking everything back what I said about Bowman not being signed....:D Was just going with the report we heard before. Good signing. Hoping he goes through waivers.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Good signing, he brings a lot more than some 4th liners and most callups we've had in recent years. (Dumont, Holland, Blunden...)

He's got some upside left in him, also he did put up 12 points in less than 40 games a couple years back for the Canes...not expecting offense, just saying he can also contribute on the scoreboard every once in a while which is a must in the playoffs.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Big upgrade on Blunden in Hamilton and as a depth call up, IMO.

Really something to watch MB create depth and competition in this org.

Blunden is a bigger, more physical player than Bowman. I thought he was one of the better players on the Bulldogs during his time in Hamilton as well as a serviceable emergency call-up.

We will see if Bowman can do as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad