Confirmed with Link: Two-way deal with Drayson Bowman

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hey Montreal, who else is on PTO? Is it just Sorkin?

And Dowell, Shea, Hensick, Makowski and Finley on AHL contracts?

It seems to me Sorkin and Dowell were playing quite impressively, and might deserve one of our 50 NHL contracts. Including Bowman and not including the players returned to the CHL , we are now at 45 contracts, and Bouillon might be the 46th.

So there is room for four more NHL contracts. I know some more guys can sign AHL contracts, but if there are really good, another NHL can grab them from under our nose, so we have to be careful.

I still don't know if Sorkin is signed to an AHL contract or not, I thought he was here on a PTO, guess we'll know more next week after Hamilton has their last pre-season game tomorrow so we should see some cuts. I know there are several guys on a tryout basis but I haven't followed if they signed PTO's or ATO's depending on their experience as I haven't looked that up either.

As for NHL contracts, I have us at 44 since I assume DLR gets sent down to Hamilton.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I still don't know if Sorkin is signed to an AHL contract or not, I thought he was here on a PTO, guess we'll know more next week after Hamilton has their last pre-season game tomorrow so we should see some cuts. I know there are several guys on a tryout basis but I haven't followed if they signed PTO's or ATO's depending on their experience as I haven't looked that up either.

As for NHL contracts, I have us at 44 since I assume DLR gets sent down to Hamilton.

Would deLaRose not count due to being 19, even if he plays in Hamilton??

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
his contract only counts if he plays in more then 10 NHL games as he is junior aged so his contract will slid in the AHL. The same thing happen when Andrei Kostitsyn first played for the Dogs.

Gotcha, and found the CBA reference: Section 9.1 (d) (P. 23-24)

Now, do Joonas Nattinen and Andreas Engqvist count toward the 90-man reserve list, but not the 50 contract limit?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad