Post-Game Talk: Two terrible teams plays on Saturday, the more terrible team loses. Habs lose (obviously).

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Armia shot a puck into the goalie's pads and a lucky rebound went straight to Dadonov, it was JA's first point of the season, his first point! He is either playing injured or has checked out and needs a fresh start elsewhere. As for Eddy, I have no problem with a 5-minute major but a game misconduct seemed a bit excessive, I have seen worse without that sort of punishment. Josh A was traded from Columbus and it's not hard to see why but maybe some team can fall in love with his size and speed and make a pitch for him, he's nothing special and has a very limited skillset much like Gallagher.

Yeah I would like to move Armua but we'rexstuck with him...
I think if you get a 5 it's an automatic game misconduct

I was thinking about the sure ones : Drou and Dado. If more can be removed that's ok.
Anderson have some value. Gallagher and Hoffman doesn't have much. Armia could interresting if he score around 20 goals like he used to do. But the way he plays, I doubt he will get 10 g. I would like Dvo gone too but I doubt there could be any taker. We're stuck with him, sadly. Mr. Smile.
I think Pezz will not play for us next year. So that's Drou, Dado and Pezz. 3 sure ones.

I think Dvo would produce more on the wing with Monahsn and Slaf. Then, he would be movable

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Armia shot a puck into the goalie's pads and a lucky rebound went straight to Dadonov, it was JA's first point of the season, his first point! He is either playing injured or has checked out and needs a fresh start elsewhere. As for Eddy, I have no problem with a 5-minute major but a game misconduct seemed a bit excessive, I have seen worse without that sort of punishment. Josh A was traded from Columbus and it's not hard to see why but maybe some team can fall in love with his size and speed and make a pitch for him, he's nothing special and has a very limited skillset much like Gallagher.
I’m assuming health is not the issue. Otherwise, they wouldn’t have had him take reps and get individualized coaching before the Oilers game.

Just remember how he’s a national hero in Finland and how the creator, in his (her, its) infinite wisdom, will sometimes, inexplicably reward turds.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Yeah I would like to move Armua but we'rexstuck with him...
I think if you get a 5 it's an automatic game misconduct

I think Dvo would produce more on the wing with Monahsn and Slaf. Then, he would be movable
Dvo have some qualities. He have a good work ethic but he's slow, he can't improve on his skating. He can't deke but he can win a battle in the corner, when he gets there on time. He fits more on the lower tier of the forwards but I agree he can be better than Armia. Because Armia is a deception. Maybe you mentionned Marinaro said Armia was better when he had Lehkonen. I scratch my head thinking a player paid 3,5m not playing at his level because his country friend is gone. But back to Dvorak, I agree he deserves a try with MoneyHand. He worked good lately.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Dvo have some qualities. He have a good work ethic but he's slow, he can't improve on his skating. He can't deke but he can win a battle in the corner, when he gets there on time. He fits more on the lower tier of the forwards but I agree he can be better than Armia. Because Armia is a deception. Maybe you mentionned Marinaro said Armia was better when he had Lehkonen. I scratch my head thinking a player paid 3,5m not playing at his level because his country friend is gone. But back to Dvorak, I agree he deserves a try with MoneyHand. He worked good lately.
Dvo also has some good hands around the net and can make plays with his linemates.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Dvo also has some good hands around the net and can make plays with his linemates.
Dvo is costing us 4.5m for a .50 ppg player. I don't find too many redeeming qualities in his game. I guess the one positive this year is his +- isn't in the shitter like it was last year. Eventually we will need to move this guy hopefully in the off season?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Dvo is costing us 4.5m for a .50 ppg player. I don't find too many redeeming qualities in his game. I guess the one positive this year is his +- isn't in the shitter like it was last year. Eventually we will need to move this guy hopefully in the off season?
I don't see the Habs extending Monahan (if they are entertaining that idea) if the can't get rid of Dvorak.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I’m assuming health is not the issue. Otherwise, they wouldn’t have had him take reps and get individualized coaching before the Oilers game.

Just remember how he’s a national hero in Finland and how the creator, in his (her, its) infinite wisdom, will sometimes, inexplicably reward turds.
If I was Molson I would hire some fans in opposing arenas and equip them with Finland's national flag, instruct them to wave it, and see if it inspires him to actually give a damn.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Dvo have some qualities. ..
He is good for grumpy non-smiling memes. It's a quality.

Where they have done poorly is the annual California trip. Since 2012-13 they are 4-15-2 on those trips. They’ve done better agains the Western Canadian teams.
I remember I once went to follow Habs on the Cali trip. What a bunch of money wasted. They sucked ass. I think the barely beat the woeful LA team and got their asses handed to them by both Anaheim and SJ. Got some good buritos in LA though.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
For the number of years in a row they they totally sucked you'd think Coyotes and Senators would ahve been powerhouses by now. Why are they in the league?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Like I keep saying, play him on the wing next to Monahan and Slaf and let's see how many points he can put up per game. And also, he should be on pp2.

Reactions: The Real Timo

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Things I seen at the game live
1. McDavid is fast and awesome player, treat to watch, if TSN would talk of him more the nostrils
2. Guhle is the real deal
3. Anderson is so north and south, no imagination, no threat, no hitting
4. Armia is a waste of skin
5. Beer was cold but 16 oz draft 13.00
6. Leon Dry is a Beast
7. Habs 4th line is a disgrace
8. Eddy screwed the fans and team with the selfish head shot
9. I laughed at drunk oiler fans screaming at habs fans leaving the building, did the oil just win playoff series, oh no just drunk and stupid idiots
10. Nice building, good atmosphere, fun but frustrating game. All in all good time.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Yes but there are so many players with qualities in the league. Today's league is filled with talent everywhere.
If we make the count we have : good at face offs, can make good passes (but not like Suzuki), is solid in corners when he gets in time, have a good work ethic. All in all he could have much more pts or showing a positive stats +/-. But no, he makes the team tank. Ok, let's go back in the past. 20 years ago. Koivu was a good center and the second center was either Ribeiro, Bonk, Juneau, Perreault or Smolinky. Honestly I don't rank Dvorak better than those mentioned. Dvorak might have a better attitude than party life Ribeiro but Ribs had better stats and a better career. Perrault had much better hands and hockey IQ than Dvo.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yes but there are so many players with qualities in the league. Today's league is filled with talent everywhere.
If we make the count we have : good at face offs, can make good passes (but not like Suzuki), is solid in corners when he gets in time, have a good work ethic. All in all he could have much more pts or showing a positive stats +/-. But no, he makes the team tank. Ok, let's go back in the past. 20 years ago. Koivu was a good center and the second center was either Ribeiro, Bonk, Juneau, Perreault or Smolinky. Honestly I don't rank Dvorak better than those mentioned. Dvorak might have a better attitude than party life Ribeiro but Ribs had better stats and a better career. Perrault had much better hands and hockey IQ than Dvo.

I personally don't find Dvo dynamic enough as a C. But I'd like to see him as a winger. Offensively, his game is more suited for the wing. Maybe he could be a Lehkonen type but that produces more in our system?

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I personally don't find Dvo dynamic enough as a C. But I'd like to see him as a winger. Offensively, his game is more suited for the wing. Maybe he could be a Lehkonen type but that produces more in our system?
I was a fan of Lehkonen. He was fast (and still is). Lehkonen is a real winger and not a center who moved to wing.
If that's the switch to make him a good player, I don't what to say. It like if your dog doesn't bark well, you ask him to miaw, lol. Are you sure it's the good thing to do?

Reactions: Rapala

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Things I seen at the game live
1. McDavid is fast and awesome player, treat to watch, if TSN would talk of him more the nostrils
2. Guhle is the real deal
3. Anderson is so north and south, no imagination, no threat, no hitting
4. Armia is a waste of skin
5. Beer was cold but 16 oz draft 13.00
6. Leon Dry is a Beast
7. Habs 4th line is a disgrace
8. Eddy screwed the fans and team with the selfish head shot
9. I laughed at drunk oiler fans screaming at habs fans leaving the building, did the oil just win playoff series, oh no just drunk and stupid idiots
10. Nice building, good atmosphere, fun but frustrating game. All in all good time.
Was it Molson beer? Because $13 for a plastic cup of Molson piss - THAT is what's a true disgrace.

Kent has still alot of work to do, this team is far from a threat. Great start keep up the rebuild
First trio needs some help. They are getting shut down and all attention is on them.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Dvo and dynamic is a pretty big oxymoron.

Like I keep saying, play him on the wing next to Monahan and Slaf and let's see how many points he can put up per game. And also, he should be on pp2.
I vote for making Xhekaj and Guhle permanent members of the PP club.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Man... I hate non-game days when nothing is happening. Nobody's communicating. Nothing juicy to discuss.

I hope they wipe the floor with Canucks tomorrow... I do not like the Canucks. Plus I have $20 riding on the game with my annoying canucks fan colleague.

Put Montanbo in the net, MSL!!!

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I was a fan of Lehkonen. He was fast (and still is). Lehkonen is a real winger and not a center who moved to wing.
If that's the switch to make him a good player, I don't what to say. It like if your dog doesn't bark well, you ask him to miaw, lol. Are you sure it's the good thing to do?

I actually am in favor of Dvo playing with Monahan and Slaf on the wing more because I want him to play with better players, not so much because I want to change his position. But Monahan is the better center imo, so Dvo would go to the wing. Dvo's production is down due to dragging Gallagher around with him on his line since the start of the season.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I agree every player we move or remove needs to be replaced with SPEED as a major part of their make-up. There is no excuse for drafting players who can't skate anymore given the abilities of the youth available world wide. I'm not saying ignore talent IQ etc. but a player who can't skate has to have some serious scoring and play making abilities to get drafted.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

I don't see the Habs extending Monahan (if they are entertaining that idea) if the can't get rid of Dvorak.
I'm not sold on moving Monahan. Suzuki needs a solid backup at C and Monahan provides that in spades. I think he's young enough to remain a solid piece for a number of years and can be a placeholder for Beck until he is ready to graduate to to the 2C position. If Monahan remains healthy it's a very tough decision. If we can't get a 2023 first for him I wouldn't budge unless Dach can make the move to C. I'm not sure he can given how our wings are messing us up BIG TIME. We have zero interchangeability in the top 6 so Dach almost has to stay put as a winger by default.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77 and the

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Man... I hate non-game days when nothing is happening. Nobody's communicating. Nothing juicy to discuss.

I hope they wipe the floor with Canucks tomorrow... I do not like the Canucks. Plus I have $20 riding on the game with my annoying canucks fan colleague.

Put Montanbo in the net, MSL!!!
Yeah, don't let the Nucks take revenge on us. Let their curse vs Habs continue. I want our team to tank but I want wins vs specific teams and Nucks are one of them. And cash your 20$, na-na-nah good bye, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00