Post-Game Talk: Two terrible teams plays on Saturday, the more terrible team loses. Habs lose (obviously).

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
A few questions about the game, did they fly in Allens wife and kids to surprise him?lol.

You can't take stupid useless penalties like that and expect not to get burnt.

And why do they announce ''last minute'' who's that for and why?lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Bahama Mama

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Come on guys…..McDavid is fun to watch.
Wow he’s so fast everyone around him looks slow even guys we know are fast, lol,
It’s been so long since I could watch this team, win or lose, and not be embarrassed by their effort. 8 + minutes short handed, 5 min major, 3 5 on 3, come on, Vs McDavid & Draisaitl ?

Has anyone spotted how Guhle is carrying his D partner more and more? Not unlike what Markov did his whole career, amazing. This kids ceiling are changing with each game. To a lesser degree Arbor is trending the same direction & the only similarity they share is big physical D.

Sucks to lose (except this year) lots of positive’s

Yeah, they worked their asses off. Just one of those games.

They have a 3 in 4 now. Vancouver is tomorrow. Seattle a back to back on Tuesday. Edmonton was 1st game of that. We'll see how that goes.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Did Habs ever have worse 4th line than this? I mean, not scoring is one thing... but not contributing in literally ANY aspect of the game, is another. I mean realistically, (not talking 4th line now), it is unlikely Hughes will be lucky enough to unload half a team worth of stiffs, even if it's for free.

I think Habs need to seriously think about buying out some of them. They just can't go on carrying so much dead weight.

Reactions: ReHabs

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Did Habs ever have worse 4th line than this? I mean, not scoring is one thing... but not contributing in literally ANY aspect of the game, is another. I mean realistically, (not talking 4th line now), it is unlikely Hughes will be lucky enough to unload half a team worth of stiffs, even if it's for free.

I think Habs need to seriously think about buying out some of them. They just can't go on carrying so much dead weight.

I don't see a point in buying any of our 4th liners out. If Pitlick wants it maybe him, it's $366,667 over 2 years, but his contract is fully buriable. I'd just wait it out.

Pezzetta is RFA this year, and at this point, I have to imagine we don't give him a QO, or we offer him a 2-way, and he's on waivers next year.

Evans is still a quality pker. No reason to buy him out whatsoever.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I don't see a point in buying any of our 4th liners out. If Pitlick wants it maybe him, it's $366,667 over 2 years, but his contract is fully buriable. I'd just wait it out.

Pezzetta is RFA this year, and at this point, I have to imagine we don't give him a QO, or we offer him a 2-way, and he's on waivers next year.

Evans is still a quality pker. No reason to buy him out whatsoever.
Yeah... sorry... wasn't talking just about the 4th line as far as buyouts... Evans I am ok with keeping. But the usual suspects that cannot be traded should be a consideration - Gallagher, Armia, Hoff. Drouin's contract is done end of season, thank god. I believe we can get some kind of a pick for Anderson.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yeah... sorry... wasn't talking just about the 4th line as far as buyouts... Evans I am ok with keeping. But the usual suspects that cannot be traded should be a consideration - Gallagher, Armia, Hoff. Drouin's contract is done end of season, thank god. I believe we can get some kind of a pick for Anderson.

No way we buyout Gallagher before 2025.

Reactions: Runner77

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Yeah I agree I think after this losing-streak there will be either injuries or roster changes. Ylonen and Pitlick are going to get some NHL time I think. I don't mind seeing Armia or Hoffman waived to sent packing for 'future considerations'. Dadanov too.

Reactions: Runner77

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Yeah I agree I think after this losing-streak there will be either injuries or roster changes. Ylonen and Pitlick are going to get some NHL time I think. I don't mind seeing Armia or Hoffman waived to sent packing for 'future considerations'. Dadanov too.
What happened to Pitlick's speed? He used to be pretty zippy...

No way we buyout Gallagher before 2025.
Sigh

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

That would be an amazing thread title.
JD3TImv.png

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I felt as though this would be an easy win for us, held the Oilers to 4 shots in the first, there was no room on the ice for Jesus and John the Baptist and things were looking good. In the second period, all hell broke loose and the refs made some bad decisions and the game was over. I don't blame Suzuki for throwing the puck, that was a statement gesture to the referees, and the boys were pissed. As for Matheson, many of you are roughing him up in the comments but I didn't think he was bad. If he scored on the play where he walked by everyone it would have been a GOY candidate, the man can flat-out fly.

Xhekaj and Guhle were amazing, they don't look like rookies at all, kinda wish that wifi would have nailed McDavid though, the diving punk! This team has some good pieces but the garbage vets are stinking up the joint especially Anderson and Armia, my God, both are horrible.

It's no secret with oilers. You can't let the game turn into a special teams battle.

Thats when you hand the game to their two guys on a platter.

Was that 3 goals on the 5 on 3 in the middle period? That's the difference.

To beat the oilers, you can't give those freebies to the two guys. That's their team.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I felt as though this would be an easy win for us, held the Oilers to 4 shots in the first, there was no room on the ice for Jesus and John the Baptist and things were looking good. In the second period, all hell broke loose and the refs made some bad decisions and the game was over. I don't blame Suzuki for throwing the puck, that was a statement gesture to the referees, and the boys were pissed. As for Matheson, many of you are roughing him up in the comments but I didn't think he was bad. If he scored on the play where he walked by everyone it would have been a GOY candidate, the man can flat-out fly.

Xhekaj and Guhle were amazing, they don't look like rookies at all, kinda wish that wifi would have nailed McDavid though, the diving punk! This team has some good pieces but the garbage vets are stinking up the joint especially Anderson and Armia, my God, both are horrible.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. But I thought Dadonov - Dvorak - Armia played a good game.

I also thought the refs made the right call on Eddy. Not sure what he was thinking cross checking the guy in the head not once but twice. If the NHL are going to clamp down on those hits, at li east hopefully they'll do it consistently.

I really hope we can move Anderson and get out of that contract. He's not the end of the world on a 3rd line. But I don't see him lasting next to Slaf and Money hands.

They are a bunch of tankers. They are excellent in that. We can get tired of tanking and some of them will skate under different skies next year and I hope more than two.

Armia and Gally will be our bad contracts once Hoffman is done his deal and Anderson is traded.

They can both be good 4th liners though. Let the youngins take over the top 9.

Reactions: rik schau

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Armia and Gally will be our bad contracts once Hoffman is done his deal and Anderson is traded.

I was thinking about the sure ones : Drou and Dado. If more can be removed that's ok.
Anderson have some value. Gallagher and Hoffman doesn't have much. Armia could interresting if he score around 20 goals like he used to do. But the way he plays, I doubt he will get 10 g. I would like Dvo gone too but I doubt there could be any taker. We're stuck with him, sadly. Mr. Smile.
I think Pezz will not play for us next year. So that's Drou, Dado and Pezz. 3 sure ones.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
A lot to like about this team. We're rebuilding, and I'm starting to think in 3 years we will be contending for the top spot. It's important to remember that this is a rebuilding year. We need a top 10 pick, I repeat NEED.
I agree this coming off season will be critical to our rebuild. The good news is no matter what happens we can be content knowing we have a braintrust that understand what is lacking and the ability make the moves to address them. No Ego back there.
Going for the Petry effect.
1670194314970.png

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I agree with a lot of what you're saying. But I thought Dadonov - Dvorak - Armia played a good game.

I also thought the refs made the right call on Eddy. Not sure what he was thinking cross checking the guy in the head not once but twice. If the NHL are going to clamp down on those hits, at li east hopefully they'll do it consistently.

I really hope we can move Anderson and get out of that contract. He's not the end of the world on a 3rd line. But I don't see him lasting next to Slaf and Money hands.

Armia shot a puck into the goalie's pads and a lucky rebound went straight to Dadonov, it was JA's first point of the season, his first point! He is either playing injured or has checked out and needs a fresh start elsewhere. As for Eddy, I have no problem with a 5-minute major but a game misconduct seemed a bit excessive, I have seen worse without that sort of punishment. Josh A was traded from Columbus and it's not hard to see why but maybe some team can fall in love with his size and speed and make a pitch for him, he's nothing special and has a very limited skillset much like Gallagher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad