Pre-Game Talk: Two Minutes to Midnite with Minnesota on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Looked like shit in losses to Seattle and LA. 2 teams we should beat.

Upcoming Home Stand:
Minnesota - 5th overall, 1st in their division
Boston - 21st overall, 5th in their division with Rask set to return and 6-3-1 in their last 10.
Carolina - 8th overall, 3rd in their division with perhaps the leagues best coach
Toronto - 3rd overall, 2nd in their division and we suck vs Toronto in our own barn
Anaheim - 10th overall, 3rd in our division and they are right behind us playing well

Upcoming 8 Game Road Trip:
LA - they just literally owned us
Sharks - back to back nights, right before Christmas, basically an auto-loss
Christmas Break - drink and eat too much
Flames - game right after the break, we suck on games right after the break, evil Flames will be up for this
St Louis - will Koskinen save our asses again? Doubtful. We never play well in StLouis.
Devils - New Years Eve game. We have one once in 17 NYE games or something like this.
Islanders - New Years Day game, B2B. Islanders will be going for their 1st win at home.
Rangers - 4th overall. Enough said.
Toronto - Last game of an 8 game road swing. Oilers looked utterly exhausted after a 5 game road swing where they didnt show up for 3 of those games. Apparently we will be nearly dead after 8 games and use that as our excuse. Toronto, being the Centre of the Universe will want to show that they are the best team in it.

Bottom line - this team is at 2 minutes to midnight. Missing our 2nd pair, starting goalie, bottom 6 has disappeared (again), PJ playing in the offensive zone like his hair is on fire, Yamo more or less invisible, RNH not scoring.

We could very well be 3-10 on this 13 game swing putting us at Bettman 500. Go 10-3 and this team actually has something going. Go about 500 on this 13 game swing like we have been playing the last 13 games and the Oilers will be showing us they are a middling team that sometimes looks like a world beater and sometimes cant piss a drop. In other words, the very definition of a very average, very frustrating to watch team.

This next 4 weeks will be very telling and show us what we have as a team here. Could be the end of some players, coaches. Could put us over the top. They need to show up ON f***ING TIME.

Starting with Minnesota tomorrow....LETS GO BOYS.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Upcoming Home Stand:
Boston - 21st overall, 5th in their division with Rask set to return and 6-3-1 in their last 10.
Carolina - 8th overall, 3rd in their division with perhaps the leagues best coach
Toronto - 3rd overall, 2nd in their division and we suck vs Toronto in our own barn
Anaheim - 10th overall, 3rd in our division and they are right behind us playing well

Flames - game right after the break, we suck on games right after the break, evil Flames will be up for this
St Louis - will Koskinen save our asses again? Doubtful. We never play well in StLouis.
Devils - New Years Eve game. We have one once in 17 NYE games or something like this.
Islanders - New Years Day game, B2B. Islanders will be going for their 1st win at home.
Toronto - Last game of an 8 game road swing. They looked exhausted after a 5 game road swing. Toronto will want to show the world they are the best team in the Universe. We will be exhausted and use that as our excuse.

Bottom line - this team is at 2 minutes to midnight. Missing our 2nd pair, starting goalie, bottom 6 has disappeared (again), PJ playing in the offensive zone like his hair is on fire, Yamo more or less invisible, RNH not scoring.

We could very well be 3-10 on this 13 game swing putting us at Bettman 500. Go 10-3 and this team actually has something going. Go about 500 on this 13 game swing like we have been playing and the Oilers will be showing us we are a middling team that sometimes looks like a world beater and sometimes cant piss a drop.

This next 4 weeks will be very telling and show us what we have as a team here. Could be the end of some players, coaches. Could put us over the top.

Good post. This stretch can be make or break for the team

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
So we are about to go 0-13-0 in over this next set? Where's that put us, 3 games out of a wildcard spot? Lmao. Kraken beat CAR, FLA, and WSH right before us. Tell me again why they were a free bingo spot?

0-13-0 record is about the only way this is the end of Tippett, he's not getting fired if we split. Team has absolutely nothing going even if we go 10-3, because we went 15-5 and people were shitting themselves regardless. At this point we are in a holding pattern waiting for our inevitable birth in the playoffs to see what kind of team we have.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

Upcoming Home Stand:

Toronto - Last game of an 8 game road swing. They looked exhausted after a 5 game road swing. Toronto will want to show the world they are the best team in the Universe. We will be exhausted and use that as our excuse.

We could very well be 3-10 on this 13 game swing putting us at Bettman 500. Go 10-3 and this team actually has something going. Go about 500 on this 13 game swing like we have been playing and the Oilers will be showing us we are a middling team that sometimes looks like a world beater and sometimes cant piss a drop.

This next 4 weeks will be very telling and show us what we have as a team here. Could be the end of some players, coaches. Could put us over the top.

I’m scared :(

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
So we are about to go 0-13-0 in over this next set? Where's that put us, 3 games out of a wildcard spot? Lmao. Kraken beat CAR, FLA, and WSH right before us. Tell me again why they were a free bingo spot?

0-13-0 record is about the only way this is the end of Tippett, he's not getting fired if we split. Team has absolutely nothing going even if we go 10-3, because we went 15-5 and people were shitting themselves regardless. At this point we are in a holding pattern waiting for our inevitable birth in the playoffs to see what kind of team we have.

There is a very real chance we go 3-10 on this trip if they play the way they have the past 13 games. But if we go 10-3 against this group of teams with most of the games on the road and 2 back to backs, they do have something going.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Expected loss. Team is hurting right now with all the injuries. McD usually responds with 4pt evening after getting shutout but not expecting that either. Expecting a tough game. Minny not a good opponent for us.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Could the Iron Maiden theme be foreshadowing the triumphant return of RZH?

upload_2019-11-11_2-48-10.png

Credit: @Llamamoto

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
haha. You know I can't stand Iron Maiden. Starts with DICKenson. For some reason I just cant get over my dislike for this band. Some people hate Metallica. I like them. I like Motorhead. Everybody tells me I should like Iron Maiden. just can't stand them.

Try the first 2 Maiden albums with their 1st singer Paul Di'Anno. I am the reverse, never been a huge Metallica fan. Never was a huge Motorhead fan until my later years. More like a lot of their songs but not the entire discography.

Still, Maiden rules. Of that there is no debate, discussion or discourse. End of story, up the irons. :nod:

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Try the first 2 Maiden albums with their 1st singer Paul Di'Anno. I am the reverse, never been a huge Metallica fan. Never was a huge Motorhead fan until my later years. More like a lot of their songs but not the entire discography.

Still, Maiden rules. Of that there is no debate, discussion or discourse. End of story, up the irons. :nod:

Yeah I get it. heh. I'm just doing this for some distraction laughs as anything is better than focusing on the next game. Cannot stand dickensons voice and prancing around. Although people then tell me "well why do you like Ronnie James Dio then"

because I'm a nutcase...

I've always been this way. If a I watch a movie one time and dislike it, its probably done for me. But more the case is I don't go in for mythology and most of the stuff that Iron Maiden seem to write about Can't relate to the lyrics. For me its that I grew up with great metal acts, Maiden were never matching say Black Sabbath for me. i could see it for younger people growing up with it.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad