Proposal: Two Habs trade (CHI/NASH)

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Beaudin is their third best D prospect behind boqvist and jokijarju

Yeah I do think Stan learned his lessons from his past. But I think the realization picked in that they truly have 2 more years with this core to get a 4th cup and it's kinda now or never waiting makes those chances slim to none then with their core then being another year older.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Let's see how Byron fares this season. He'll have to really come back strong for any team to give up a 1st for him. He's recovering from a major surgery now and nobody is going to trade for him until he gets back on the ice in November or whenever it is. Nashville probably won't be the team even then, since as others have pointed out it doesn't look like Byron upgrades the current depth on the wings for the Preds. But the Habs should be able to get a 2nd for Byron from somebody before the deadline if he comes back ok.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I don't think the Hawks are trading two first round picks for patches.

Now Skinner and Faulk? I could see Stan doing that.

Beaudin and AA- patches

Saad and 19 1st, plus- Skinner/faulk

And if these trades were to happen, the Hawks would be scary....if Joker can step in and play 18 minutes... And Crow is back to normal.....

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
The only way Patches returns a 1st for Montreal is at the deadline from a top 5 team...... So the pick will be 25th O.A. or higher in 2019. It will also not include a previous 1st round selected player from an earlier draft.

Montreal has to hope Patches shows up to play this fall or his trade value is going to drop even more. Montreal biggest risk is he gets injured b4 trade deadline and they recieve zero return.

Patches is not extending and going U.F.A. which limits his value.

THIS......READ THIS MONTREAL FANS........this is the ACTUAL value of Patches and the potential return.

Your best and only chance at a late first is at the deadline. And there will be no great prospect either.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
I think the Chicago trade is realistic but Pacioretty would need to be extended as well it's more likely lottery protected.

Byron for a conditional first is solid too as it's likely a late first. This idea that Byron only scores 20 because he's on Montreal is poppycock. He doesn't get PP time, he literally creates all of his goals for himself with his speed. A guy like him who can PK and create 20+ goals a year in your bottom/middle 6 is a major asset.

I love it when Habs fans make a delusional trade offer...Everyone else says "HELL NO!"

Then ANOTHER Habs fan comes in and accepts the offer on behalf of the team they are trying to screw...hilarious!

You guys need to accept the reality of your situation: You roster is virtually worthless, you can't trade your way out of this, nobody wants what you have...at least not to the point where they are going to give you key rebuild assets for them.

you have to wait and draft,

Bergevin screwed your team in a BIG WAY

He's not as dumb as Jim Benning, but in his own way he's just as bad, those two are historically bad GM's

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Nashville is one team that certainly don't need Byron. These Patches trades are becoming rather silly. So many of these trades are going to teams that might finish out of the playoffs. Hawks aren't giving up a potential top 15 pick for one year of Patches. And you want a good prospect too.
Best deals for expiring contracts like Patches are Byron are closer to TDL when a contender might be going for a playoff push. But the pick won't be #15, more like #25. And even last year we saw only three trades of expiring contracst going a for first rounders. Statsny, Nash and Kane was second rounder which became a first rounder upon his resigning.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
THIS......READ THIS MONTREAL FANS........this is the ACTUAL value of Patches and the potential return.

Your best and only chance at a late first is at the deadline. And there will be no great prospect either.
Mr terrible dee. I hadn't read your post when I wrote mine. Almost identical thoughts.
You're brilliant:)

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009

I don’t think they can bring him back to Montreal to even start the season. It’s known the team tried to trade him and has been quoted saying they are not going to extend him and looking for a trade ASAP.

He’d just be a distraction to come back next season, it wouldn’t sit well. Not because of the player. Just the media would be all over him and in his face seeing if he has heard anything about leaving since the team is looking to trade him ASAP.

It could affect his play which in the end could hurt his value a lot if he is playing under par because of talks.

He’s a 30 goal scorer who plays defense. He will get a nice return, it might not be a first but Bergevin should look into acquiring some upside left defense. With Weber out for half the year and not sure of his play after I would start looking at some upside on the right side as well.

The 1st round pick isn’t required if we get good value players back. The Habs drafted like 12 centers in the past two drafts. Sure to find 1-4 centers out of it that can range from 1st-4th line duties.

Get some younger dmen either side and maybe a center if you can get one to set up a filler until the young centers develop in the minors.

Like someone posted:

Anisimov
Beaudin

For

Pacioretty

Maybe a piece here and there like a 2nd from Chicago and Benn from Montreal. I’d even retain half on Pacioretty to boost the value and get that extra piece. Pacioretty at 2.25 allows them to save up another 2mill in cap space bringing the Hawks close to 10 mill in cap, which they could use to bring in Skinner and Faulk. Montreal has cap with no intentions on any big moves.

Get a center to fill the void for a few years until the young centers are ready. Add to the left side which are young. Be there with Mete down the road kind of scenario on defense.

PS.

If the Hawks could get Pacioretty then say Saad + a 1st + something else for Skinner and Faulk watch out. Scary top 6.

Pacioretty Toews Kane
Skinner Schmaltz Debrincat

Last edited:

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I don’t think they can bring him back to Montreal to even start the season. It’s known the team tried to trade him and has been quoted saying they are not going to extend him and looking for a trade ASAP.

He’d just be a distraction to come back next season, it wouldn’t sit well. Not because of the player. Just the media would be all over him and in his face seeing if he has heard anything about leaving since the team is looking to trade him ASAP.

It could affect his play which in the end could hurt his value a lot if he is playing under par because of talks.

He’s a 30 goal scorer who plays defense. He will get a nice return, it might not be a first but Bergevin should look into acquiring some upside left defense. With Weber out for half the year and not sure of his play after I would start looking at some upside on the right side as well.

The 1st round pick isn’t required if we get good value players back. The Habs drafted like 12 centers in the past two drafts. Sure to find 1-4 centers out of it that can range from 1st-4th line duties.

Get some younger dmen either side and maybe a center if you can get one to set up a filler until the young centers develop in the minors.

Like someone posted:

Anisimov
Beaudin

For

Pacioretty

Maybe a piece here and there like a 2nd from Chicago and Benn from Montreal. I’d even retain half on Pacioretty to boost the value and get that extra piece. Pacioretty at 2.25 allows them to save up another 2mill in cap space bringing the Hawks close to 10 mill in cap, which they could use to bring in Skinner and Faulk. Montreal has cap with no intentions on any big moves.

Get a center to fill the void for a few years until the young centers are ready. Add to the left side which are young. Be there with Mete down the road kind of scenario on defense.

PS.

If the Hawks could get Pacioretty then say Saad + a 1st + something else for Skinner and Faulk watch out. Scary top 6.

Pacioretty Toews Kane
Skinner Schmaltz Debrincat

Unless you believe Anisimov has negative value and I don't I don't think Pacioretty has that type of value.

I don't think Jordie Benn is the difference and I definitely don't think the Hawks throw in a 2nd to get him.

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
People saying that a playoff underperformer like patches won’t even get a first round pick need to look back to last season and see what rental Rick Nash went for

Reactions: Deam78

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The only way Patches returns a 1st for Montreal is at the deadline from a top 5 team...... So the pick will be 25th O.A. or higher in 2019. It will also not include a previous 1st round selected player from an earlier draft.

Montreal has to hope Patches shows up to play this fall or his trade value is going to drop even more. Montreal biggest risk is he gets injured b4 trade deadline and they recieve zero return.

Patches is not extending and going U.F.A. which limits his value.
If you don't think Max will return a first round pick + then you are sadly mistaken.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017

U ARE FAKE NEWS

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
I love it when Habs fans make a delusional trade offer...Everyone else says "HELL NO!"

Then ANOTHER Habs fan comes in and accepts the offer on behalf of the team they are trying to screw...hilarious!

You guys need to accept the reality of your situation: You roster is virtually worthless, you can't trade your way out of this, nobody wants what you have...at least not to the point where they are going to give you key rebuild assets for them.

you have to wait and draft,

Bergevin screwed your team in a BIG WAY

He's not as dumb as Jim Benning, but in his own way he's just as bad, those two are historically bad GM's
Bergevin has had four 100 point seasons in his 6 years......Benning not so much.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Bergevin has had four 100 point seasons in his 6 years......Benning not so much.

He took what could have been a Stanley Cup contender and has turned them into one of the biggest embarrassments in the league right now.

After 14-15 when they didn't have enough scoring against the Lightning he should have got serious in going after a Cup, traded picks and prospects and picked up some serious scoring options up front and a left defenceman to take some workload off Markov. Instead he added Zack Kassian, Tomas Fleischman, and Alex Semin. When Price went down injured he could have traded for James Reimer who Toronto was pretty much giving away. They went for Ben Scrivens instead because he only cost them Zack Kassian. By the end of the season it was clear Montreal had their top six centre in Alex Galchenyuk after a 30 goal campaign. By January of next year he was no longer playing centre (again) because they rushed him back from injury and Julien called it a strategy to play him as a winger on the fourth line. When they finally added a top scorer in Alex Radulov in free agency they only signed him a one year deal. When they finally had a young defenceman to grow into Markov's role they traded him for a winger, then had that winger gain 10lbs and play centre.

The worst part of it all is that they still have a world class goalie who could bounce back from last season with a Hart trophy performance and drag a bad team back into the playoffs and screw up what should be a season where the team knows its place at the bottom of the standings and gambles with high picks a the draft. But they won't because Marc Bergevin is quoted in saying you can't count any team out, look at the Colorado Avalanche.

Benning is a dummy handed a team already falling apart and just sped up the process. Bergevin is a visionary who took a nearly assembled contending team and stripped it apart bit by bit until it now resembles nothing of quality. He's the new Mike Milbury. That doesn't mean he is as bad as him, but too often remakes fall short of the original.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
This Nashville fan actually likes the idea of Byron as a depth player, but absolutely just as a depth guy. His speed would be a nice fit, and cheap enough that he could rotate in and out of the lineup based on matchups or streaky play.

However, I hate the idea of trading our 1st for him. I would rather find a deal where we can offer up a reasonable pick and one of our multitude of middling prospects. If that isn't of interest then I don't see a deal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
In no way is Byron worth a first round pick. Nashville is in the top three for most complete offense in the NHL. They easily say no

No way he is worth a 1st? I disagree. Will a team give a 1st? That is debatable cause it comes down to circumstance and how Byron fits on the team trying to acquire him. So with the Preds, I say he is not worth a 1st to them. If the Oilers are able to re-sign Byron, I say he could be worth a 1st to them cause they need speed.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
in a vacuum, the value is fair in both those deals.

In reality, Chi and Nash reject both those deals.

Chicago will not give up their 1st, knowing they possbibly could flop again with an injury or two. Also, with the top heavy contracts they have,they need as many cheap ELC players they can get.

Nashville will be a contender again this year and will likely be adding at the deadline. Just never know who will be available at that point that could be better than Byron. Cant see them making this trade now. Also, as silly as it may be, Byron will always have that label as a bottom 6, waiver pick up that will diminish his value-despite scoring 20 the last couple seasons. I think he needs another season or two like that before that image really disappears.

Again,value is there in both cases-just cant see those teams making those trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad