Proposal: Two Habs Draft Day Trades

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Given their number of holes I'd think both teams would prefer the 3 1st picks in lieu of 3OA.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Given their number of holes I'd think both teams would prefer the 3 1st picks in lieu of 3OA.

You would really have to be sure there were players you think would have more impact that the 3rd overall to do that. I am not sure it is worth giving up that pick for a team that really needs to add some high end talent.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think Svechnikov is clearly ahead of Zadina right now, but I think the gap isn't big. The gap between Zadina and 4-9 is much bigger.

I'm undecided on how much value Svechnikov has over Zadina. I agree he has more value but the gap is closer with me vs most others. There has been talk about the Canes interested in Zadina. Won't be surprised if they take him. That would make a lot of Habs fans Happy for sure.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
While the Rangers would love Zadina, they arent trading all of their 1st round draft capital for the 3rd pick. 9 + 26/~30 + 3rd/NJD 2nd is the highest id consider and even then I'm not positive.
Ehhh...I think the trade is fair, but it really depends on how NYR's see Zadina. If he is an elite first liner, then you do it. If they have doubts(i.e., is he another Sam Reinhart?), then you don't.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Ehhh...I think the trade is fair, but it really depends on how NYR's see Zadina. If he is an elite first liner, then you do it. If they have doubts(i.e., is he another Sam Reinhart?), then you don't.

It's not only quality, but the Rangers cupboard is pretty bare with all the past 5 years of mortgaging the future and it caught up to us in a big way. Unless this player can be a cornerstone for the franchise, the Rangers need to restore that depth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad