Proposal: Two Cory Schneider proposals (PHI and CGY)

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
This is just as bad as the Gibson++ proposal we've seen last year. I'm not even that down on Schneider and downright oppose the false "goalies have no value" narrative, but this isn't remotely realistic.

Reactions: BernieParent

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Wow... Gost and konecny forS Schneider with bad hip.. makes me wonder what healthy Schneider is worth.. lol

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
A 32 year old goalie coming off 2 sub-par seasons, signed for 4 more years at 6 million doesn’t carry that value. When Schneider was traded to the Devils in his prime he got a 1st. Those asks are not even close.

Let's not forget he's coming off hip surgery.

These proposals are awful. If Schneider doesn't bounce back he has negative value. If he does, he still doesn't get Brodie + 1st or Konecny/Ghostibiere...that Flyers proposal is especially bad.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Devils should do that. I wouldn't do it for the Blues.

Devils should have traded Schneider 3-4 years ago, now Schneider isn't worth much.

Both goalies would be better off in the other team’s system imo. Allen isn’t worth much at this point either to be fair. Husso would eventually take over for Schneider and his cheap years will balance the salary out.

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
Schneider was a top 5-10 goalie in the NHL a couple years ago, and has had a nagging hip injury the past 2 seasons. As a result, his performance dipped. He had surgery in May, and has been rehabbing ever since. It is the same surgery that Rinne had and came back as an elite goaltender again. Hopefully Schneider can do the same, I see no reason he can't. With Kinkaid proving to be a #1 goalie in the NHL, I think it would be smart for the Devils to keep both goaltenders and ride whoever is hot. If however the a deal came along for Schneider for a team that is getting desperate for goaltending, it would be hard for the Devils to deny.

To CGY:
Schneider
Quenneville

To NJ:
Smith
Brodie
Jankowski
1st round pick

Okay so , Brodie alone is a 1st, Smith is worth a good bit, jankowski is a good young guy so hes worth easy a 2nd so Idk where this value is coming from

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If Cory was healthy; something around him and Jankowski would work on the Flames end.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I always like CS and for awhile, he played like a top 5 goalie.

But back to back .908 and .907 seasons changed that. If he was a UFA right now, would he get 4 years at 6 million per? No.

So to me, he isn't worth his contract if you could get him fir free, let alone trade multiple good assets for him.

But here is the rub. If you believe he WILL bounce back, then trading for him now might be your best chance to grab him. Because if he rebounds, the price will go up. But even then, the price would not touch what the OP suggests.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Lol are you high rn because Cory, at this moment, does not even have a positive value with the way he has played recently. This is an embarrassment

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
You know when you see your team getting back a 2nd round pick in any proposal on this board that you're getting it raw.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
In hindsight this is exactly why the Schneider trade was SO puzzling. He gave them three great seasons when it meant nothing. Now NJ has a decent team but Corey is passed his prime and hip issues are awful for older goalies. Real gamble going forward but might turn it around if he gets healthy.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Set your sights a little lower. Coming off an injury and signed to 4 more years at 6 mil Schneider might get you an asset with the right offset.

Neuvrith
MacDonald
Aube kubel
To use the formula of goalie d and wing of the op

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad