Confirmed with Link: TVR signs 2 year extension ($825K AAV)

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
How are people declaring this guy a career 5/6 D when he is only 23 and showed flashes of being very solid defensively and making a great first pass in his first little stint at the at the NHL level at beginning of the season. I can easily see him becoming a 3/4 stay at home dman that eats alot of minutes a couple years down the line.

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
Q does NOT look at contract when he makes a line change or throws a D pair out there. LOL

See Vermette etc. He does not give a crap what you make. If you are not good you don't play. TVR as a rookie was good, so he played.

I don't think you earn more TOI when you have a better cap hit. That does't make sense to me. Sign me for $1. I can take draws for you. :)

Actually this is pretty false. You can really "price yourself" in to a lineup.

I believe this is the case with many young players taking bridge contracts etc.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
This is a good deal, way to go Stan. If he stays healthy Hawks are in good shape this coming season.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Great deal. Showed a lot of promise last year - expecting an improvement on that this year . Helps shore up the back end a little bit .

Foster81

Jun 22, 2013
Warrenville, IL
How are people declaring this guy a career 5/6 D when he is only 23 and showed flashes of being very solid defensively and making a great first pass in his first little stint at the at the NHL level at beginning of the season. I can easily see him becoming a 3/4 stay at home dman that eats alot of minutes a couple years down the line.

These were my observations as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad