TV-Pucken 2013

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Soon it's time for the fantastic tournament TV-pucken. Usually it's the tourney where many talents gets to show off for the first time for a wider audience. So, what are the prospects to look out for from the different regions?

I just saw a few games at the pre-TV-pucken tournament Norrcupen, with the five teams from northern Sweden. Västerbotten won the tournament, but they fought close battles with Norrbotten & Ångermanland.

Some players to look out for, from the north:
Västerbotten: Jacob Moverare, Adam Thilander, Hugo Danielsson & Linus Lindström, Oskar Lyrenäs
Norrbotten: Kim Johansson, Felix Dahlroth, Tim Söderlund
Ångermanland: Linus Öst Pettersson, Tim Wahlgren, Jesper Ledin

I would say Västerbotten won Norrcupen much because of immense talent on the d-men side. Moverare, Thilander & Danielsson all made great impressions on me, seeing them all for the first time.

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Will be fun as always to watch. They're introducing a new format this year, not sure whether it will be better or worse thou. "My" district Östergötland has a tough group with both Stockholm teams and Göteborg. Östergötland of course suffers from having bad results the last couple of years but this group looks a lot tougher than a couple of the other ones - at least on paper.

The 98 group is overall very good for Sweden I think and there are already some hyped prospects. Östergötland have a very good group and should be able to advance past the group stage. They ended up second in Distriktscupen last weekend despite a collapse against Småland (0-7): http://www.cuponline.se/group.asp?cupid=5038&id=11933

Players to keep an eye on in team Östergötland:
Rasmus Häggebrink (G) -- Big goalie born 99, will probably be back up but had a shut out v Värmland in Distriktscupen and looked good also in Marscupen.
Joakim Wallin (D) -- smooth skating d-man with good size. Likes to carry the puck and join the attack.
Pontus Eklöf (C) -- Skilled and gritty center, I like how he seems to make all the small things right. Makes a lot of assists.
Viktor Johansson -- Goal scorer who doesn't mind giving a hit or two.
Edgars Treijs -- Probably the most hyped kid of the group. Almost made the team 2 years ago and dominated U16 Elit last year. Great offensive talent with an elite wrist shot.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Will be fun as always to watch. They're introducing a new format this year, not sure whether it will be better or worse thou. "My" district Östergötland has a tough group with both Stockholm teams and Göteborg. Östergötland of course suffers from having bad results the last couple of years but this group looks a lot tougher than a couple of the other ones - at least on paper.

The 98 group is overall very good for Sweden I think and there are already some hyped prospects. Östergötland have a very good group and should be able to advance past the group stage. They ended up second in Distriktscupen last weekend despite a collapse against Småland (0-7): http://www.cuponline.se/group.asp?cupid=5038&id=11933

Players to keep an eye on in team Östergötland:
Rasmus Häggebrink (G) -- Big goalie born 99, will probably be back up but had a shut out v Värmland in Distriktscupen and looked good also in Marscupen.
Joakim Wallin (D) -- smooth skating d-man with good size. Likes to carry the puck and join the attack.
Pontus Eklöf (C) -- Skilled and gritty center, I like how he seems to make all the small things right. Makes a lot of assists.
Viktor Johansson -- Goal scorer who doesn't mind giving a hit or two.
Edgars Treijs -- Probably the most hyped kid of the group. Almost made the team 2 years ago and dominated U16 Elit last year. Great offensive talent with an elite wrist shot.

So you already count him as swedish prospect? Is there any indication he might choose Latvia?

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
So you already count him as swedish prospect? Is there any indication he might choose Latvia?

Well, that topic has been discussed in other threads and the only thing I know is that he has been to a couple of camps arranged by the swedish federation. The first national team for the 98's is picked after tv-pucken so hard to tell, but my guess is that him being on the preparation camp indicates he might choose Sweden. But again, that is only a guess.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
TV-Pucken starts today, every game will be streamed on Livearena.com. It's not for free anymore so you have to pay for one month (59 SEK) or for the full year (395 SEK - which includes one free month of Viaplay). The semis and the final will be shown on SVT as usual I assume.

Last edited:

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Soon it's time for the fantastic tournament TV-pucken. Usually it's the tourney where many talents gets to show off for the first time for a wider audience. So, what are the prospects to look out for from the different regions?

I just saw a few games at the pre-TV-pucken tournament Norrcupen, with the five teams from northern Sweden. Västerbotten won the tournament, but they fought close battles with Norrbotten & Ångermanland.

Some players to look out for, from the north:
Västerbotten: Jacob Moverare, Adam Thilander, Hugo Danielsson & Linus Lindström, Oskar Lyrenäs
Norrbotten: Kim Johansson, Felix Dahlroth, Tim Söderlund
Ångermanland: Linus Öst Pettersson, Tim Wahlgren, Jesper Ledin

I would say Västerbotten won Norrcupen much because of immense talent on the d-men side. Moverare, Thilander & Danielsson all made great impressions on me, seeing them all for the first time.
Imo Norrbotten and Västerbotten played their top players in bigger minutes than Ångermanland did. Ångermanland rolled all four lines more equally and was also missing one of their best D's in Oskar Sehlin. Will be interesting to see these three evenly matched teams fight for the 2 playoff spots in their group.

Wahlgren, Moverare and Thilander are the big names in this group. Wahlgren scored 6+4 to end up with 10 points on 8 games last year already. Smart center with great hockey sense and passing.

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Decent start to the tournament for Östergötland. They beat Västmanland 7-0 but played a bit sloppy for parts of the game, mostly in the second period. Will be two tough games vs the Stockholm teams tomorrow. It will be a very interesting game tomorrow morning between Östergötland and Stockholm syd (who beat Stockholm nord today 5-1). The team that wins that game will take a big step towards the playoffs in Oskarshamn.

Last edited:

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Man, the names of these kids. Mikaelsson Jr, Krekula Jr, there's even a kid named Hardy! I love TV-pucken.
Wahlgren, Moverare and Thilander are the big names in this group. Wahlgren scored 6+4 to end up with 10 points on 8 games last year already. Smart center with great hockey sense and passing.
Wahlgren's not going to Modo this season?

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Wahlgren will stay in Kramfors this season. Going to Modo next season, when they choose clubs.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
TV-Pucken starts today, every game will be streamed on Livearena.com. It's not for free anymore so you have to pay for one month (59 SEK) or for the full year (395 SEK - which includes one free month of Viaplay). The semis and the final will be shown on SVT as usual I assume.

And if you're already a Viaplay subscriber you get LiveArena one year for free. :nod:

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Decent start to the tournament for Östergötland. They beat Västmanland 7-0 but played a bit sloppy for parts of the game, mostly in the second period. Will be two tough games vs the Stockholm teams tomorrow. It will be a very interesting game tomorrow morning between Östergötland and Stockholm syd (who beat Stockholm nord today 5-1). The team that wins that game will take a big step towards the playoffs in Oskarshamn.

Beat Sthlm syd 2-1

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Beat Sthlm syd 2-1

Good game from both teams. Östergötland dominated the first period but Stockholm syd could easily have tied the game in the end. Östergötland stopped playing offensively after their 2-0 goal and Stockholm put up constant pressure last 5-6 mins.

Jesper Bratt in Stockholm played really good and was selected their best player of the game.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Ångermanland will be a tough team to beat this year. Tim Wahlgren is so incredibly dominant, Thilander in Västerbotten is also living up to the hype so far.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
#5 Oliver Horrsell looks pretty impressive for Uppland. He's small, not the greatest skater, but he's extremely poised and has a great passing game. Seems to be logging huge minutes. Guess there's a reason he played already last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad