Player Discussion Tuukka Rask VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
How strange you can filter the content so efficiently so as to include your own bias and spin, and yet be totally wrong. If you referring to the gif I folded back at him let us be reminded it was he that posted it. I just wanted him to take advantage of his own insight to its full extent. The post you quote of mine is chocked filled with valid arguments you just choose to ignore. That's not my fault.
You made a personal attack after he rebutted your argument, which was specious at best. I called you on it. You really think it's valid to say Rask is going to be moved because there are some empty seats in the Garden? You can keep on thinking that, but I'm not gonna engage in it any more.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Honestly, I think we are now crossing a line and entering territory where even if a goal isn't a bad one, or Rask's fault, it is now a cemented knee-jerk reaction to any puck he lets in. I feel we may be entering the point of no return when it comes to the average Boston fan and the media. Climbing out of this stigma is a massive uphill battle, and I don't see it happening.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Honestly, I think we are now crossing a line and entering territory where even if a goal isn't a bad one, or Rask's fault, it is not a cemented knee-jerk reaction to any puck he lets in. I feel we may be entering the point of no return when it comes to the average Boston fan and the media. Climbing out of this stigma is a massive uphill battle, and I don't see it happening.
Attendance will soon tell us all

Feb 25, 2016
You made a personal attack after he rebutted your argument, which was specious at best. I called you on it. You really think it's valid to say Rask is going to be moved because there are some empty seats in the Garden? You can keep on thinking that, but I'm not gonna engage in it any more.

What are you reading? I have made no personal attack on anyone other than just holding a mirror up to their own words and post. That's not an attack. Try another chain of usable logic. This one your using is very uninsightful.

Last edited:

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Honestly, I think we are now crossing a line and entering territory where even if a goal isn't a bad one, or Rask's fault, it is not a cemented knee-jerk reaction to any puck he lets in. I feel we may be entering the point of no return when it comes to the average Boston fan and the media. Climbing out of this stigma is a massive uphill battle, and I don't see it happening.
I think you may be right.

Feb 25, 2016

I don't put it all on Rask. I made pretty substantial arguments with attending video that the Defense, Carlo, and Acciari can share blame on the 1st two goals.

No this is bigger than Rask. He's part of it but this team has too many shoulder shruggers (we'll get them next time crap) and not enough grit and desire to win. All you got to do is compare effort of Montreal and the Bruins. I bet Neeley Sweeny and Jacobs are still upset with the level of play from that winter classic bomb.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
To be clear, I think he made his own bed, and deserves the stigma. I've always liked Rask, but these slow starts, soft goals, and back breaking collapses are now the norm, not the exception. Sample size is now quite large.
You're not wrong about his performance, but I think the overreaction from fans outweighs what should be called for.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Tickets are sold at the box office, to season ticket holder, and to big resellers like Ace Ticket and StubHub. If all four bought up every ticket available and only half shown up to the event it still will show up as sold out. I think your gif is an excellent self portrait.
I think you’re a former banned poster

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
1, Why would that be important?

2, Why would you want to respond with "ridicule."

3, What make you think I give a rats-ass about being "outed" for whatever that means to the and fragile personalities on this message board.

4, Why do many here feel the need to be right about everything and others that argue a different point the enemy?

Awful clannish and tribal if you ask me. Not a good atmosphere for sharpening the mind.
I’m not buying any of your BS you are selling here

I always find you entertaining

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I don't put it all on Rask. I made pretty substantial arguments with attending video that the Defense, Carlo, and Acciari can share blame on the 1st two goals.

No this is bigger than Rask. He's part of it but this team has too many shoulder shruggers (we'll get them next time crap) and not enough grit and desire to win. All you got to do is compare effort of Montreal and the Bruins. I bet Neeley Sweeny and Jacobs are still upset with the level of play from that winter classic bomb.
Couldn’t agree Moore

Neeley, Sweeny, and Jacobs probably live with that Winter Classic loss everyday. I would hope they have seeked therapy and pills to help them hsve a few quiet moments and good nights sleep

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought that game was a traumatic event

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Gotta figure Rask is now the "official" backup after that game by Halak. Let's see how he responds.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Bring Rask in for December to March when he gets hot then bring Halak back in for the playoffs. Halak now and in the playoffs helps Rask avoid playing in games he usually plays poorly in. Sad that the faith in him has diminished this much but like another poster said, he has made this a reality with consecutive play like this since 2014.

Really want him to rebound and have a strong playoffs if the Bruins can get into them.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Bring Rask in for December to March when he gets hot then bring Halak back in for the playoffs. Halak now and in the playoffs helps Rask avoid playing in games he usually plays poorly in. Sad that the faith in him has diminished this much but like another poster said, he has made this a reality with consecutive play like this since 2014.

Really want him to rebound and have a strong playoffs if the Bruins can get into them.
So play Halak every game until December even if he plays poorly ? I would play Halak until he has a poor game ( unless it’s a back to back ) and then come back with Rask and see how he does . I think we all knew last year that Khoudobin wasn’t capable of being a true no. 1 but this year it is very possible that Halak can seriously challenge Rask for the no. 1 spot .

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
I'm sure tuuks will find his game in the regular season. My fear is he loses it again going into playoffs...

Feb 25, 2016
I think you’re a former banned poster

I’m not buying any of your BS you are selling here

I always find you entertaining

Only flamed warned never banned. I have allowed myself in the past to get goaded into infantile back and forths with some of the tribal and clannish posters here. I'm trying to avoid that now.

What B.S.? I just state opinions based on my personal perspective. If you want to call that B.S. then you're going to live in a very small world where people say nothing or worse yet just parrot what than tribe allows to be said. Rendering opinions are what "sharing" ideas is supposed to be like. Ridicule, insults, marginalization, juvenile retorts, bullying. now that B.S.

#SAD!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Only flamed warned never banned. I have allowed myself in the past to get goaded into infantile back and forths with some of the tribal and clannish posters here. I'm trying to avoid that now.

What B.S.? I just state opinions based on my personal perspective. If you want to call that B.S. then you're going to live in a very small world where people say nothing or worse yet just parrot what than tribe allows to be said. Rendering opinions are what "sharing" ideas is supposed to be like. Ridicule, insults, marginalization, juvenile retorts, bullying. now that B.S.

#SAD!
I apologize For all bolded except marginalization not sure where I went there

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

You may want to check your facts, because Rask is literally at his statistical best in the playoffs....and November is his 2nd best statistical month of the regular season (.926 and 2.13). Why on Earth would you have him sit then?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
No ****, Only Kool-aid drinkers welcome here.
All this stuff was said last year

All the negative crowd on HF and many media folks like Clark Booth (RIP) last November railed exactly as now

Posters like Dom Tiano, Glorydaze, Jersey Lou, Nugs, Bruinsfan94, myself and others but clearly the minority saw a very good team.

I brought back threads and posts from certain media and Bruins posters that showed how far off they were with the benefit of hindsight.

Mods I know asked me to not do it because it wouldn’t go over well so I stopped.

I’ll tell you right now - this team is a 105+ regular season group that will be winning a Cup sooner than you think based on everything I see organizationally

Time will be the judge but with heath I see them early November (5thish) I see this team taking off and by the first week of April pre playoffs 5 months later sitting very high in the NHL power rankings

Remember this I will

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
All this stuff was said last year

All the negative crowd on HF and many media folks like Clark Booth (RIP) last November railed exactly as now

Posters like Dom Tiano, Glorydaze, Jersey Lou, Nugs, Bruinsfan94, myself and others but clearly the minority saw a very good team.

I brought back threads and posts from certain media and Bruins posters that showed how far off they were with the benefit of hindsight.

Mods I know asked me to not do it because it wouldn’t go over well so I stopped.

I’ll tell you right now - this team is a 105+ regular season group that will be winning a Cup sooner than you think based on everything I see organizationally

Time will be the judge but with heath I see them early November (5thish) I see this team taking off and by the first week of April pre playoffs 5 months later sitting very high in the NHL power rankings

Remember this I will

Get out of jail card. I will wager the beer you owe me from last year. This team as built will struggle to get in the playoffs if they make it at all.

It wouldn't shock me in the least for them to be sellers at the deadline, I would love to owe YOU a beer in the end but in my view of watching and following very closely we are in for a down year. One line team a mentally weak #1 goal is a recipe for a high first round pick.

Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad