Player Discussion Tuukka Rask VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Imagine ****ting on a 0.930% goalie.
Haters everywhere. Happens with Carey Price all the time.

Rask was amazing in the postseason. Good enough that he would've been a good choice for the Smythe despite not having won the cup. Nobody should be crapping on this guy tonight.

The first goal is a tough deflection, absolutely nothing you can do on that. And then Marchand made a mistake that led to another one. I just don't see how you can blame Rask, esp given how good he's been since day one of the playoffs. Goalies always take way too much of the blame.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Imagine ****ting on a 0.930% goalie.

Nobody is going to argue what Rask did to get the Bruins here, but it's literally a copy and paste of 2013. Lights out the first 3 rounds, good enough for most of the final, then a horrific collapse at the end, except this time it was much worse for the collapse.

You can throw out all the .980 save percentage stats or whatever it was in elimination games, at then end of the day he always ends up blowing it.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Nobody is going to argue what Rask did to get the Bruins here, but it's literally a copy and paste of 2013. Lights out the first 3 rounds, good enough for most of the final, then a horrific collapse at the end, except this time it was much worse for the collapse.

You can throw out all the .980 save percentage stats or whatever it was in elimination games, at then end of the day he always ends up blowing it.

Tonight was way more on the defense than rask.

Reactions: jonu

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Rask was amazing in the postseason. Good enough that he would've been a good choice for the Smythe despite not having won the cup. Nobody should be crapping on this guy tonight.

The first goal is a tough deflection, absolutely nothing you can do on that. And then Marchand made a mistake that led to another one. I just don't see how you can blame Rask, esp given how good he's been since day one of the playoffs. Goalies always take way too much of the blame.

They waited all playoffs for it. They get their moment in their eyes.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya

I felt the team owed it to Rask to have a great game, and they ended up having one of the worst games of the year.
Tip shot was saveable, not easy but certainly not impossible.
Petro goal was bad defence.
The others feel like a blur right now.

Rask should've been able to have a game where he wasn't lights out, good enough to get the win, and his team won it. That didn't happen. He was the best player all playoffs.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

Game 6 was crunch time.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

I think you can blame him for a game.

Won't ever suggest he sucks and won't stop loving the guy. But he let that first shot by him and it never should have gotten through. And the Blues are a tough team to beat when they get ahead.

The game isn't on him alone, but he certainly shoulders a heavy weight for the loss. I don't believe that's unfair.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

Easier to assign all of the blame/credit to one guy than to analyze the bigger picture.

Marchy63

Sep 16, 2006
Oshawa
With the way the Bruins played tonight, Rask could have had a shutout and they still would have found a way to lose. They didn't deserve to win that game and no matter what goalie they had in net they would have lost.

And remember, stats saying he sucks also point to bad games by the rest of the team too.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I think you can blame him for a game.

Won't ever suggest he sucks and won't stop loving the guy. But he let that first shot by him and it never should have gotten through. And the Blues are a tough team to beat when they get ahead.

The game isn't on him alone, but he certainly shoulders a heavy weight for the loss. I don't believe that's unfair.
I don't know how you blame him for that shot. He's all set to save it and is positioned properly to deflect it into the corner exactly as he's supposed to and then there's a tip. He had no chance on that one...

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
It's pretty unfair that he carries us for 23 games and has one questionable goal in game 24 and he gets **** on by everyone. If the top six did anything this series, he's easily the conn smythe.
It is unfair, but the timing matters.

One can argue that he outplayed Binnington this series and/or this playoffs, but when the chips were down Binnington saved his team’s ass tonight and Rask was ordinary.

Rask may have a hall of fame career when it’s all said and done, but if he doesn’t win a Cup as a starter, that’s a huge part of his legacy.

Reactions: Midship

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
It's pretty unfair that he carries us for 23 games and has one questionable goal in game 24 and he gets **** on by everyone. If the top six did anything this series, he's easily the conn smythe.
Do you think Tuukka would claim that he had a good game?

It's obviously not all on him and he's obviously worthy of praise for all he did to get the team there. You think I'd trade him for Jordan f***ing Binnington? Not a god damn chance.

But call a spade a spade... He wasn't good tonight. He needed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad