Player Discussion Tuukka Rask VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I don't think people realize how difficult it is to penetrate a defensively minded team like the Blues when you gift them a 2-0 lead so early. It's not as simple as "where did he offense go?" Yes, it's not all on one person, but Rask deserves the most blame for Game 7.

Reactions: fin8

swift

Dec 11, 2005
www.lentovelho.fi
Worst first period you can have as a goalie. Your own team can’t score and when the opponent has a chance it’s a high danger one. But he should have had 1 of the 2 in the first.

Reactions: Midship

Dilderon

Nov 29, 2018
Well I'm a Flyers fan. Rask is batter than any goalie we have had in 30 years. He played great in the playoffs. But I'm gonna be honest he blew it. They were good shots, but Boston had great shots. He did it against Chicago and he did it tonight. Thats 2 times in a row the biggest games of his career he just wasn't good enough. He is very very good, but he has to make a save. When you light the other goalie up like they did and then your goalie let's up a goal that's questionable and then another you have to save, its over. It was over at 2-0, trust me like I said im a Flyers fan i know how it changes the team when they are dominating then your goalie let's in a crap goal. Sorry guys I was rooting for you.

Reactions: Trap Jesus

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
He'll unfortunately get an even worse rap because of tonight. Two lucky goals when they only had 5 shots in the period... Just shit luck.

He got us to game 7 of the Finals. Any talk of him being a choker should be put to rest but unfortunately it won't. His run this year was just as good as Thomas in 2011... Just without the ending.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Well I'm a Flyers fan. Rask is batter than any goalie we have had in 30 years. He played great in the playoffs. But I'm gonna be honest he blew it. They were good shots, but Boston had great shots. He did it against Chicago and he did it tonight. Thats 2 times in a row the biggest games of his career he just wasn't good enough. He is very very good, but he has to make a save. When you light the other goalie up like they did and then your goalie let's up a goal that's questionable and then another you have to save, its over. It was over at 2-0, trust me like I said im a Flyers fan i know how it changes the team when they are dominating then your goalie let's in a crap goal. Sorry guys I was rooting for you.

Get out of here with that. A deflection goal and then a defensive breakdown due to a poor giveaway by Marchand, yup all Rasks fault!

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I don't think people realize how difficult it is to penetrate a defensively minded team like the Blues when you gift them a 2-0 lead so early. It's not as simple as "where did he offense go?" Yes, it's not all on one person, but Rask deserves the most blame for Game 7.

Such a stupid post.

Rask haters can eat their asses.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Guess you didn't notice it was deflected.
Deflected, but when through the five-hole with his stick out of position.
Difficult save? yes, but certainly not an impossible save
upload_2019-6-13_6-15-27.png

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
He'll unfortunately get an even worse rap because of tonight. Two lucky goals when they only had 5 shots in the period... Just **** luck.

He got us to game 7 of the Finals. Any talk of him being a choker should be put to rest but unfortunately it won't. His run this year was just as good as Thomas in 2011... Just without the ending.
As a diehard Price fan, I can empathize with Rask fans. He played well enough to win. Always gives his team a chance to win, but the guy at the other end made more saves tonight. Switch goalies and St. Louis still wins the Cup. He's a great goalie.

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
View attachment 236085
Congrats you just proved you dont know jackshit about being a goalie. You cant grasp the concept why deflection goals often go in? Its because the goalie was poised to make the save as if the shot was not deflected and by the time its deflected its sometimes too late to react.

Last edited:

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Congrats you just proved you dont know jack**** about being a goalie. You cant cant grasp the concept why deflection goals often go in? Its Its bec the goalie was poised to make the save as if the shot was not deflected and by the time its deflected its sometimes too late to react.
Lol:laugh:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Dispite which team wins the game 7 there should not be any competition for the Conn Smythe. Winner is Tuukka in any case - and it´s not even close.

Wrong.
There was competition on Conn Smythe and Ryan O'Reilly won it.
Don't believe all that shit what some f***ing iltapaska ( Iltasanomat ) publishes as a official truth.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee

You don't cover the five hole if the shot is not heading there. A deflection from that range makes any save a matter of puck luck as there's no time to react.

Reactions: jonu

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
You don't cover the five hole if the shot is not heading there. A deflection from that range makes any save a matter of puck luck as there's no time to react.
I am saying it was a saveable tip shot, I am not saying it was a soft goal, or even a weak goal, saveable.
Rask was positioning himself to deflect the shot wide and instead it was deflected down and went five-hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad