Tuukka Rask: can he maintain consistency?

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Couple things:
The cup was not won by Thomas alone. He played incredible and made huge saves and the team scored the timely clutch goals every time they needed them. With 3 games 7s to win it, you needed both of those things to win the cup. 100% a team win.

After watching the massive choke job by basically all aspects of this team the conclusion is that Rask is the problem? The entire team played some of their worst hockey of the year during that series. Looked like a completely different team. In the final two games they scored one goal. Mental error after mental error by every position. Blaming Rask for what happened this year is so cheap.

If we want another cup we need consistency and elevated games out of everyone.

77bestever*

Couple things:
The cup was not won by Thomas alone. He played incredible and made huge saves and the team scored the timely clutch goals every time they needed them. With 3 games 7s to win it, you needed both of those things to win the cup. 100% a team win.

After watching the massive choke job by basically all aspects of this team the conclusion is that Rask is the problem? The entire team played some of their worst hockey of the year during that series. Looked like a completely different team. In the final two games they scored one goal. Mental error after mental error by every position. Blaming Rask for what happened this year is so cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
YUP....The resumes look pretty much the same. They both have there name on the cup while being a backup. Then they both had a shot and couldn't get it done as the starter. TUUKKA has done nothing yet. He is 0-1 in the finals. And came up small following it up. By the way, you got any facts for me ? You are shooting blanks. You really need a FACT.

Where's your facts?

You contradict yourself. Couldn't get it done? Thomas bounced back the next year and Rask has been fine as a starter.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
YUP....The resumes look pretty much the same. They both have there name on the cup while being a backup. Then they both had a shot and couldn't get it done as the starter. TUUKKA has done nothing yet. He is 0-1 in the finals. And came up small following it up. By the way, you got any facts for me ? You are shooting blanks. You really need a FACT.

I would say the FACT that Fleury has a cup and Lundqvist doesn't should tell you the cup is not a great measure of a goalie's consistency. And also proof that you do not win a cup on goaltending alone.

77bestever*

Where's your facts?

You contradict yourself. Couldn't get it done? Thomas bounced back the next year and Rask has been fine as a starter.

Talking about MOOG...You said someone compared Rask and Moog.....And yes, there is a lot the same. They both LOST when it counted and both won as backups. There are a lot of similarities.

It will take RASK to win the cup to change that. I have my doubts he has it in him. If you want to over rate him that's your problem.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Rask will never be in the same league as Moog. That's just insulting.

Rask not winning a cup as a starter means nothing for his consistency. King Henrik, who will probably go down as one of the best goalies ever when his time is over is 0-1 in the SCF. Guess that makes him a bum too, eh?

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Don't really see the point in mentioning the Montreal series, we hit 15 or 16 goal posts in 7 games and missed like 4 wide open gaping nets.

We capitalize on like 2 of those and we win the series, lol.

Rask has been elite at every level hes played at, can't believe of all the "problems" on the bruins, people are blaming the MTL series on Rask.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
You either WIN the cup or you DONT win the cup......It does not matter how good you are or how good people think you are. None of that matters. TUKKA will be a great goalie when he wins a cup. Until then he is just another guy. I can see you fans are all impressed. LOL, You must have loved Any Moog. Or Andy Who as I like to call him.

Rask is all hot air till I see him lift STANLEY. And not the Stanley Thomas won for him.

And you will be a great poster when you actually post something that is based on a modicum of reality, including when you post your username. Until then, you are just another in a long line of foolish posters who spout nonsense.

77bestever*

Talking about MOOG...You said someone compared Rask and Moog.....And yes, there is a lot the same. They both LOST when it counted and both won as backups. There are a lot of similarities.

It will take RASK to win the cup to change that. I have my doubts he has it in him. If you want to over rate him that's your problem.

LOL, First things first as a hockey fan. No goalie can ever be called one of the greatest ever if he does not win a cup. And to say Lunquist is one of the best goalie ever is just a dumbass statement. How much hockey have you watched ? Are you like 23 years old ?

If Hasek never won a cup...Nobody would care how great he was. That's how it is. ROY led the HABS to Cups when they had the inferior team. That's what great goalie do. That's what RASK has not done.

RASK is a big NOTHING now and sorry if that hurts you. When he wins a cup, He can be mentioned with THOMAS and any other goalie that has actually won something.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
LOL, First things first as a hockey fan. No goalie can ever be called one of the greatest ever if he does not win a cup. And to say Lunquist is one of the best goalie ever is just a dumbass statement. How much hockey have you watched ? Are you like 23 years old ?

If Hasek never won a cup...Nobody would care how great he was. That's how it is. ROY led the HABS to Cups when they had the inferior team. That's what great goalie do. That's what RASK has not done.

RASK is a big NOTHING now and sorry if that hurts you. When he wins a cup, He can be mentioned with THOMAS and any other goalie that has actually won something.

LOL, do you realize you are quoting (and therefore arguing with) yourself? :laugh:

Also, what do you think of the fact that 99% of the posters in here think you are posting nonsense, some of them professional hockey writers and scouts? Do you really think you know more than them about the sport of hockey? Do you really think the people who know the cap like the back of their hands are going to be swayed by your "CHIARELLLI knows what I know!!" bull-****? As someone else said, you seem very young and very full of yourself. You would be wise to sit back, read some of the replies to your nonsense, and take a good look at the fact that what you are posting is exactly that . . . nonsense.

Last edited:

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Usually I only add people to my ignore list when they have proven over time that they are complete idiots, but I'm going to jump the gun here and save myself some stress on 77bestever and maybe iReckless (who I usually like reading) --I simply cannot comprehend how poor of judgement you would have to have to try and go after Rask of all people. If you are that off on such an obvious subject then why do I want to waste time hearing other opinions?

"Thomas is the only reason they Bruins won" is something bitter Canucks fans here in BC say to me when they want to try and be trolls. The smart hockey fans know that every member of that team pulled their weight --something that didn't happen this year and resulted in us going out.

On a side note, Chicago skated circles around us for most of that series, switch goalies from the start and we get swept.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Are you kidding me? Hasek would still go down amongst the greats if he didn't win a cup. 5 Vezina trophies, 2 Harts (If you knew so much, you would know the Dominator is the only goalie to EVER do that.) and a boatload of other personal accolades. And apparently my age doesn't mean much if i know Hasek was that good and you apparently don't.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Usually I only add people to my ignore list when they have proven over time that they are complete idiots, but I'm going to jump the gun here and save myself some stress on 77bestever and maybe iReckless (who I usually like reading) --I simply cannot comprehend how poor of judgement you would have to have to try and go after Rask of all people. If you are that off on such an obvious subject then why do I want to waste time hearing other opinions?

"Thomas is the only reason they Bruins won" is something bitter Canucks fans here in BC say to me when they want to try and be trolls. The smart hockey fans know that every member of that team pulled their weight --something that didn't happen this year and resulted in us going out.

On a side note, Chicago skated circles around us for most of that series, switch goalies from the start and we get swept.

Absolutely.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Are you kidding me? Hasek would still go down amongst the greats if he didn't win a cup. 5 Vezina trophies, 2 Harts (If you knew so much, you would know the Dominator is the only goalie to EVER do that.) and a boatload of other personal accolades. And apparently my age doesn't mean much if i know Hasek was that good and you apparently don't.

Not to mention CuJo is 4th in all-time wins and never won a cup. Someone should explain how he's not one of the greatest ever.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

First class example of schizophrenia right here. Quoting and arguing with yourself.

Last edited:

Big Bear17

Sep 26, 2014
Rask needs to step it up this year

Chara is getting older and is a step behind. Rask can't give up the cup cake goals he let up last year. The series vs MTL he was terrible. Even the saves he made he looked strange

Bruinsfolife

Dec 3, 2005
Montreal
I think he will have a great year again. Maybe not quite as good numbers as last year but very good. Having Seidenberg back will help a lot.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I think Rask is the least of our concerns at this point.

Definitely.

He didn't have a good series against MTL, but a goalie with no D barely does well. I can name at least 5 Bruins who had a much worse series... all core players.

Rask is going to be a Vezina finalist/winner for the next 5-7 years. He's the undisputed 2nd best goalie in the league, won't be long until he overtakes Lindqvist IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad