Player Discussion Tuukka-non vs Anti Rasker: where do you stand?

What side of the Tuukka Rask debate are you on

• Total voters

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Just the fact that he’s been in so many of these “big” games that we have the option of cherry-picking which ones count and which don't says something, doesn't it? How many garbage goaltenders have afforded their teams that kind of success over the years?
My opinion hasn't changed.

Reactions: Alicat

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
No one I think is anti Rask.
I do think its time for a change though. I just have less and less confidence in him every year.
Even in 2019 I felt as long as Tuukka does not choke or have a brain fart, we'll be ok. He did of course let in some softies.

Now looking at Swayman and what he brings plus Vlad ...time to get younger

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Barring anything serious with his injury..

You bring Rask back for less as well as short term and start to integrate Swayman a lot more next year. Get the full ease in like Rask did with Thomas.

Continuing with a 1A 1B until the 1B is ready for full time duty

Reactions: BTO

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Tuukka should've won the Conn Smythe in 2019, and could've won it in 2013 if a bounce went our way. He's a guy with some really bad luck at the worst times, it seems.
Like his team?

Never been an anti-Rasker but he's not the future anymore. Now, I don't think you can give the keys to Swayman just yet either. If Rask wants to stay, for much cheaper, he can stay, as long as it's understood that we start working Swayman (and Vladar) in more. I mean Rask barely played this year and was injured most of it.

IMO it's like the fwds: we need to stretch the top-6 out until we can figure out how the hell to replace them. With goaltending we seem, seem, to have replacements. But I'm not quite ready to go Swayman/Vladar just yet.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Long-time militant Pro-Tuukka guy. But, it's time to move on unless he'd sign for short time (max 3 years) for short money (max 4 mill) and i doubt that happens.

Optimistic for both Swayman and Vladar, but not confident enough to roll with them without a proven guy in the mix somewhere

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Where I'm at:

I've cooled down from the game tonight and don't want to throw him off a balcony or anything. I'd be fine with him continuing to play for the Bruins franchise...however -

Swayman should start at least 41 games next year and be groomed to be the eventual starter. We can't offer our second goalie >$7 million to play a half-schedule and we can't give them more than 2 or 3 years since Swayman's going to be the franchise goalie eventually. So the ball is in Tuukka's court whether he wants to take a pay cut, less term, and be a 1B goalie to stay here. And considering how much the media hates him and how much scrutiny he's received for his play and his personal life, does anyone really think with all those factors in play that he's going to choose to stay here? Goalies are weird and Tuukka is among the weirdest, so I suppose anything can happen. But I see no reason why he's not going to up and go to Phoenix to play with no pressure from the local media/fanbase and collect his #1 starter money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad