News Article: Turris Lagesson to waivers

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Reactions: McDoused

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'm not trying to sound rude but a lot of oilers fans are really big fans of Benson which I don't understand.
A lot of Oiler fans want Benson to be good. We like him because we hope he can grow into being a contributor. The longer it goes the more unlikely that looks to be though. I am really disappointed that he didn't come into camp with a fire under his ass.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
A lot of Oiler fans want Benson to be good. We like him because we hope he can grow into being a contributor. The longer it goes the more unlikely that looks to be though. I am really disappointed that he didn't come into camp with a fire under his ass.

The problem with Benson is he has dominated he AHL but continues to come up short in camp. He needs a chance at the NHL level before waiving him.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The problem with Benson is he has dominated he AHL but continues to come up short in camp. He needs a chance at the NHL level before waiving him.
It's a catch-22. We want to see what he can do at the NHL level bit he didn't earn that chance this year. It's a good thing for Benson that we have underwhelming depth forwards.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
It's a catch-22. We want to see what he can do at the NHL level bit he didn't earn that chance this year. It's a good thing for Benson that we have underwhelming depth forwards.
Its really not underwhelming and LW is pretty much set with Hyman, Nuge, Foegele and Perlini.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

I don't even think he's been that dominate in the AHL.

Dominate is guys like TJ Tynan and other AHL vets.

Benson and Marody have the same problem - skating and size. Benson isn't small per se but he's not strong on the puck or fast enough to skate away from checks like McLeod.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Not news per say, but the fact that Sceviour is still here and we are done our preseason games, I think gives some indication that we intend to sign him.

Yeah I heard about the offer being tendered.

Last I read on here is he was browsing the market here, and in Europe before deciding.

I'm curious if there's been any indication yet on where Sceviour is leaning yet

Edit: I guess him being on the ice is a good sign for us, like @soothsayer said

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

I think with Benson it’s top 6 or bust. He’s changed his game last year to win a bottom 6 NHL job but he needs a major break in his career for a team to try him in the top 6. I’ve always thought he’d be good with Draisaitl.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Hopefully Sceviour realizes that with the number of injuries likely in an average season... chances of him spending much time in the AHL is actually close to zero games.

If he's worried about having to play for peanuts in the AHL... I wouldn't be that concerned as he's a useful player who can play all 3 forward positions and can PK and is solid defensively, at worst I think he sits in the NHL pressbox eating some popcorn on some nights... but my guess is the Oilers don't waive him to Bako as he's pretty much a perfect utility forward.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad