[Turris' knee injury]

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Looked pretty accidental to me. Classy move by Cizikas to immediately wave for help.

Hoping it wasn't as serious as it looked, but I'm nervous it could be a long-term injury. :(

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Its a hockey play ,what the hell is the OP going on about .No sens fans think it was dirty

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Crying about this one?

Cizikas was going for the puck. Good effort on his part.

Not every player/human is out to get Sens players.

That's where you're wrong. The forensics team has been mobilized. The investigation has been launched.

EK65IsAGod

SensWerePrettyPesky
Jul 31, 2011
Maritimes
Are you guys serious right now? There was a loose puck on a penalty kill near the blue line and Cizikas dive to try to clear the puck. Turris tripped over him and his leg got caught under Cizikas. Both players were trying to hard toward the puck and it unfortunately resulted in an injury. There was nothing even close to malicious about it.

I know it was accidental, but how is diving towards a player who has his back to you any different than a slew foot? You completely take out his feet without him expecting it.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Jumping on a guy's leg, grabbing it and twisting it is not accidental. I'll grant that it wasn't deliberate or malicious. But you have to be responsible for the actions that you take on the ice and that was completely reckless and an injury on a play like that is not a fluke. That was a very dangerous play that appears to have had a terrible outcome.

This couldn't be a more biased angle of what actually happened :shakehead

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Are you guys serious right now? There was a loose puck on a penalty kill near the blue line and Cizikas dive to try to clear the puck. Turris tripped over him and his leg got caught under Cizikas. Both players were trying to hard toward the puck and it unfortunately resulted in an injury. There was nothing even close to malicious about it.

But he dives INTO Turris, and grabs ahold of his leg while he does.

It's such an akward hockey play.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Sens fan saying it doesn't look intentional. Unfortunate injury though. Tough week(s) ahead for the team if the #1 center is out.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
I know it was accidental, but how is diving towards a player who has his back to you any different than a slew foot? You completely take out his feet without him expecting it.

But he dives INTO Turris, and grabs ahold of his leg while he does.

It's such an akward hockey play.

Where are you guys seeing a dive into Turris? Cizikas dove to try to clear the puck on a penalty kill and Turris skated into him and tripped. They were both pushing each other and getting in each other's way the whole time.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
I'm confused by the bolded,

If it's not accidental, then it's deliberate, but you go on to say you don't think it was deliberate, therefor it must be accidental
The injury was not deliberate. But this isn't some accident where Turris happened to go over a guy on the ice. Turris was between him and the puck the whole way and Cizikas chose to dive directly onto Turris.

How did he grab and twist it?

Watch the replay. Cizikas clearly grabs onto Turris' leg.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Where are you guys seeing a dive into Turris? Cizikas dove to try to clear the puck on a penalty kill and Turris skated into him and tripped. They were both pushing each other and getting in each other's way the whole time.

The three shots they showed had Turris trying to play the puck and Cizikas tripping/diving into Turris, gabbing his right leg with his left arm and Turris twisting like a pretzel.

That's why i've asked multiple times if something different happened. It looks like he either tripped into him or dove into him trying to clear the puck.

boredguy

Sep 24, 2007

Stop being stupid and saying this is dirty or worth a suspension. It's an unfortunate accident.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Sens fan here: clearly accidental.

That looked horrible though...I don't think we should expect anything positive but I'll keep my fingers crossed...

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
No way was that intentional. Still, we're devestated at the prospect of losing our #1 centre for any amount of time, let alone for a significant amount of time.

YOUR LEG SHOULD NOT BEND THAT WAY

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Leg got caught. It happens. Not malicious or on purpose.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City

That doesn't really look malicious. I just hope it's not a season-ending injury for Kyle Turris. Casey Cizikas was diving for the puck and Turris was aiming for the puck too. Cizikas looks as though he lost an edge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad