TV: Turn

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Robert Rodgers has the most appearances!?

Also, what was Ben realizing at the end of the episode?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think Turn is one of the better shows on tv, not sure how much longer it will be on but really enjoy watching it. Season finale should be a good one.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Renewed for a fourth and final season: http://deadline.com/2016/07/turn-renewed-season-4-final-season-amc-1201792881/

They said they had material for 4 or 5 seasons, would have liked 5, but happy its coming back

2 more would have been good based on the pace of the show. It's also disappointing because I think this is a show that has improved each season.

Doesn't apply to Turn since there's a clear end-date coming, but I'm generally against this shorter run trend of shows these days. 7 seasons is my preferred number as a general rule. Too many good shows duck out after 5 these days.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
This past season was great, really enjoy this show. Was hoping for 5 seasons at least but happy that it is coming back at all.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Yep.

What happened last episode felt rushed though. Really a shame they only got one last season.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Whoa, Hewlett is back
Definitely did not see that coming, but a neat twist to say the least!

This has been one of the most underappreciated shows on TV, the last few years. Things picked up, thankfully, the last couple seasons, and this series finale. Great writing, acting, plots, etc. I even read one of the book's on Washington's Spy Ring, truly interesting.

Only thing that baffles me, is with some of the characters, they have been introducing things that are not historically accurate and/or did not happen, which I find rather odd.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Show Simcoe is a jerk, but historically accurate Simcoe sounds like an ok dude.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I love this show. I used to just sort of like it but somewhere it switched. Of course it's ending now :cry:

On the historical stuff, yeah I never expected much in that area. Reminds me of Hell on Wheel's treatment of Governor John Campbell.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I love this show. I used to just sort of like it but somewhere it switched. Of course it's ending now :cry:

On the historical stuff, yeah I never expected much in that area. Reminds me of Hell on Wheel's treatment of Governor John Campbell.

Seems like we like the same shows. I was a fan of Hell on Wheels as well. I will definitely miss this show and feel like they could have done more. I read up on the Culper Ring and the series of events seems off as compared to the show and historical time line.

Wish this was on Netflix or another network that would give it, the time it deserves.

The actors are great...Simcoe is one of the best villains i've seen on tv in a long time.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
If the show was more of a success ratings wise, I would want a Washington spin off or mini series. Ian Kahn is so good.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Show Simcoe is a jerk, but historically accurate Simcoe sounds like an ok dude.
My thoughts exactly.

Kudos to Samuel Roukin for being able to play the role so well to make people despise the character. But I must admit, it was neat to learn about the real Simcoe himself and the things he did later in life.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Bit anti-climatic on that showdown. I was kinda hoping it would take place during a move in the plot to capture Arnold and potentially put it in jeopardy.

I guess they sort of did that with the prior episode where Simcoe shows up at Arnold's house but I'd have rather seen that fleshed out over a couple episodes than the too cheesy by half way Brewster ended up involved.

The deserter scene was great though as was the end with Townsend.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Bit anti-climatic on that showdown. I was kinda hoping it would take place during a move in the plot to capture Arnold and potentially put it in jeopardy.

I guess they sort of did that with the prior episode where Simcoe shows up at Arnold's house but I'd have rather seen that fleshed out over a couple episodes than the too cheesy by half way Brewster ended up involved.

The deserter scene was great though as was the end with Townsend.
I agree. Seemed a bit on during the showdown, but overall I thought the episode was decent. Interested to see how they'll play out the final two episodes. I still wonder what will be the final decision with Hewlett, or if they'll touch base on it if he indeed took control of White Hall, and returned to England with some fortune. Also, I think Robert Rogers needs to make a last minute cameo: the writers didn't really end his character in the traditional sense, so there are still plenty of questions as what exactly happened with him.

Sad it has to end, it's been such a great show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad