TV: Turn

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
Can't wait, love the colonial time period and this looks awesome.

As a side note, I always wanted to start a punk band where we dressed up in colonial garb and sang songs about American independence from England.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
No comments yet? I thought it was really well done, exciting, and interesting. Beautifully shot, great sets and costumes, well acted. I'll be sticking around for the long haul.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
Yeah, I'm hooked. It would have had to have been awful for me not to like it given my appreciation for the setting but yeah... Enjoyed it immensely.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Pretty damn good pilot. AMC needs a solid new show to (somewhat) fill the Breaking Bad and soon Mad Men voids, and this very well could be it. I'm a big fan of period dramas like Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, The Americans etc.

Surprising that this era hasn't really been hit in a tv series before.

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
It went up against Game of Thrones. No way it got good ratings.
GoT is not a top 20 show, because most people don't have HBO. The Academy of Country Music Awards were watched by 14.2 million. The NCAA Final: Kentucky/Wisconsin was watched by 10.4 million. Scandal was watched by 9.1 million. GoT was watched by 6.6 million. The season finale of House of Lies was watched by 731,000.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Honestly found it pretty bland. I dunno, maybe because I'm not American I'm not really being drawn in with the Revolutionary War stuff. I mean, it's not a bad show by any stretch but so far it's not really doing it for me. Meh. We'll see what's going on next Sunday, maybe I'll give it another shot.

Not a patch on Mad Men, Breaking Bad or Walking Dead so far of course.

committedindian86

Bedard SZN
Jun 7, 2010
Chicago, IL
Honestly found it pretty bland. I dunno, maybe because I'm not American I'm not really being drawn in with the Revolutionary War stuff. I mean, it's not a bad show by any stretch but so far it's not really doing it for me. Meh. We'll see what's going on next Sunday, maybe I'll give it another shot.

Not a patch on Mad Men, Breaking Bad or Walking Dead so far of course.

Period pieces are tough, especially if you have little to no interest in the time period or the series of loosely based historical events. A father being a loyalist and son being drawn in as a colonial spy is interesting to me, but I can see others not being interested at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad