TV: Turn

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I really liked the episode, especially the deserter scene and the townsend scene.

Correct me if im wrong but i believe that Rivington was actually part of the spy ring in real life.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
I really liked the episode, especially the deserter scene and the townsend scene.

Correct me if im wrong but i believe that Rivington was actually part of the spy ring in real life.
That is correct from what I've seen; however, when exactly he began in the ring is debatable and perhaps a mystery.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
If GOT didn't exist, this would be my favorite show right now. This season is top notch despite losing possibly my favorite character (Major Andre).

Last night episode was great, I don't want it to end.... :(

After season 3 ended, I actually drove out and visited the Andre monument where he was executed. I never knew much about the guy before this show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Major_John_Andre_Monument,_Tappan,_NY_-_main_view.jpg

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
If GOT didn't exist, this would be my favorite show right now. This season is top notch despite losing possibly my favorite character (Major Andre).

After season 3 ended, I actually drove out and visited the Andre monument where he was executed. I never knew much about the guy before this show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Major_John_Andre_Monument,_Tappan,_NY_-_main_view.jpg

It really could have used another season. They've really had to rush through things in these last 10 episodes.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee

That's really cool! I wasn't aware they had designated a monument to that site. I'll have to check that out, someday.

It really could have used another season. They've really had to rush through things in these last 10 episodes.
I agree. I think with them knowing it's the final season, they've had to breeze through different parts of the war rather quickly. Then again, if they had another season to play with, some might make the argument that they were just dragging the war out too long and people would want it to end already.

Sad to know there is only 1 episode left, it'll be interesting as to how they decide to end things.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Yeah definitely seems like they are trying to rush to an end. Im interested to see how it ends, i've always wanted it to end with Simcoe dead but it doesnt look like that is going to be the case...

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Thoughts on the Series Finale? I thought it was very bland. Wrapped things up but just kind of felt boring/rushed. +1 for Robin Roberts.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Thoughts on the Series Finale? I thought it was very bland. Wrapped things up but just kind of felt boring/rushed. +1 for Robin Roberts.
I thought it was ok for the most part. The whole Abigail being sent back & Cicero/Akinbode going to Canada thing was a bit odd.

From a historical perspective, I know that Abraham Woodhull never met George Washington, never had a son named Thomas, and his mother actually lived for nearly 15 years after Richard's death. Then again, we've seen them take certain liberties for the sake of television/entertainment.

Definitely going to miss this show. Superb acting & writers to say the least. I'll still have Simcoe's voice in my head saying "Travel Safe!", for a good laugh.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'm generally not a fan of, actually that's not strong enough, I really dislike "and here's what happened in the rest of their lives" type finales.

I thought the focus on slavery in the last episode was a little strange, it was hardly a theme of the entire series. I also don't really buy Akinbode just sort of hanging out in Canada while Abigail was missing. Goes against his character.

I didn't particularly like Abe's declaration of love for Anna as an old man in his letter. I'd have preferred they handle that more subtly. Especially given that they had brought Abe and Mary much closer together the last 2 seasons.

The scene with Washington and Rivington was one of the best in the entire series though. Bringing Robert Rogers back was a nice touch as well.

D+ finale. I always thought finding a right note to end on would be hard for this series though so I'd probably be a little more harsh otherwise. Even if they had another season it would have been tough.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I'm generally not a fan of, actually that's not strong enough, I really dislike "and here's what happened in the rest of their lives" type finales.

I thought the focus on slavery in the last episode was a little strange, it was hardly a theme of the entire series. I also don't really buy Akinbode just sort of hanging out in Canada while Abigail was missing. Goes against his character.

I didn't particularly like Abe's declaration of love for Anna as an old man in his letter. I'd have preferred they handle that more subtly. Especially given that they had brought Abe and Mary much closer together the last 2 seasons.

The scene with Washington and Rivington was one of the best in the entire series though. Bringing Robert Rogers back was a nice touch as well.

D+ finale. I always thought finding a right note to end on would be hard for this series though so I'd probably be a little more harsh otherwise. Even if they had another season it would have been tough.

Agreed on pretty much all of the above. Especially the relationship between Anna and Abe. I would have liked it to end in the now rather then in the future which is what they did.

Would have liked there to be some more closure to the Abe/Simcoe vendetta. Something between those two would have been a good ending point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad