Blue Jays Discussion: Turn out the lights, the season's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
The Cards are playing some sloppy baseball all the Braves 3 runs had a Cardinal error in it. Three separate errors

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Cards win might be for the best. If AA wins the World Series, this board would turn bloody.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
The Dodgers are already the best team in the league, but yeah they also have Gavin Lux.

Like come the f*** on.

Reactions: kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009
The Dodgers are already the best team in the league, but yeah they also have Gavin Lux.

Like come the **** on.
If he was with the Jays, they'd still have him in A+ ball.

"Development"

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Eh, he went 46 picks before Bo did, Lux is only 3 months older, and Bo had 130 more PA's in the MLB this season. :dunno:
Bo is a freak of nature, but only had to beat out players on a bottom 5 team.

I hope we see Pearson in late April...

Reactions: Morgs

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

Like come the **** on.

They're ridiculous in terms of development. Its all about infrastructure. Whether it be 1st round picks (Smith, Lux, Buehler), mid round picks (Bellinger, Verdugo, Joc, Stripling), or complete reclamation projects (Taylor, Muncy).

They have random dudes just kind of hanging around that could've led the Jays in fWAR this year had they played full time in the majors (Matt Beaty, Edwin Rios, Kyle Garlick). They consistently take 35FV guys and turn them into 50PV guys. Its such a stark contrast from some of the crappier franchises in baseball.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Because I found it whacky as hell that Tim Anderson won the batting title this season, after looking at some leaderboards I noticed that by the grace of God the White Sox had two of the top four highest BABIP's of the century this season in Moncada (1st) and Anderson (4th). Sandwiched between them was 2002 Jose Hernandez and 2000 Manny Ramirez.

Also Anderson batted a .335 with a .357 OBP. Cavan Biggio batted a .234 with a .364 OBP.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

Would be a mistake to let Shapiro go or if Cherington left. Anything else wouldnt be a huge loss unless we are talking a mass exodus.

Read a rumor that Boston is interested in Shapiro for their Presidents job.

Last edited:
Reactions: thehockeysong

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Would be a mistake to let Shapiro go or if Cherington left. Anything else wouldnt be a huge loss unless we are talking a mass exodus.

Read a rumor that Boston is interested in Shapiro for their Presidents job.
I would keep Shapiro for sure. Atkins can go.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Rogers is the reason there isnt an progress, not Shapiro

Considering that is a reason why Shapiro was brought in, and a reason why Shapiro found the job appealing, and something he's shown frustration with, it explains why he is seemingly looking to move on himself by exploring other jobs.

It appears to be a foregone conclusion that Shapiro and Atkins are gone after this year, and perhaps sooner if Shapiro finds a gig elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad