Blue Jays Discussion: Turn out the lights, the season's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

I do admit, he looks better in Toronto blue.

source.gif

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
So what are the odds the jays pick up Travis’ projected 1.95 arb salary. Add to that Drury getting 2.5 million. Tepera at about 1.9. Law 1.3 potentially. I’m not sure they’d be too excited about any of those. Drury being the likeliest to get picked up. I assume they will try the others at lower dollars

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Well looks like my prediction is going to **** after that walk. Really good performance though..

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I don't know about the comparison, but even if someone else took over today there's a pretty great chance the next contending team is built around a group of players added to the organization under Shapiro.

I don't think this is much of a compliment. I would hope that a team in the midst of going through a complete rebuild would hypothetically contend with a core group of prospects from said rebuild.

Leiweke's entire 'why are we afraid to be great' shtick strikes me as diametrically opposite of Shapiro's views on this team. Which deserves a large nb due to the public/private nature of the organizations that they work(ed) for, but still...

Reactions: Diamond Joe Quimby

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Alright let’s connect some dots.

Dodgers fire Roberts, hire Joe Maddon.
Giants hire Roberts.
Cubs hire Girardi.
Braves fire Snitker and hire Gibbons.
KC hires Matheny.
Mets hire Beltran.
Padres hire Ausmus.
Angels hire Espada.
Pirates hire Banister.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I don't think this is much of a compliment. I would hope that a team in the midst of going through a complete rebuild would hypothetically contend with a core group of prospects from said rebuild.

Leiweke's entire 'why are we afraid to be great' shtick strikes me as diametrically opposite of Shapiro's views on this team. Which deserves a large nb due to the public/private nature of the organizations that they work(ed) for, but still...

I didn't think it was supposed to be a compliment. It's just a fact. The team sucks now and they've made some obvious blunders, so he isn't well liked. But they've built a strong young core, so opinions will likely shift in the future whether he's around or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad