Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Stathead note of the night:

This was the 115th win by the Nashville Predators against a team based in the Great White North* in franchise history, including playoffs. The Preds are now 115-102-32 (11 ties, 13 OTL and 8 SOL) against Canadian teams.

* - as opposed to the Great North Woods, where no one except weird cheeseheads actually care about hockey in city whose average temperatures in November are about 20-30° warmer than where they live.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Boy we really sucked.

But Edmonton played hard, they were really attacking from the start.

Thank goodness for Rinne, he saved the team's butt a number of times.

And Forsberg is just plain awesome!

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Observations:

4) Forsberg is going to be a Bobby Ryan-level superstar.

I'd say he has more upside than BR.. thinking more like Corey Perry, who he has been compared to since his draft year.

So lucky to have him regardless.. Our First true home grown Franchise Winger

At this rate, Forsberg is going to be a legit superstar, not some Bobby Ryan wannabe-superstar :P

at this rate, there will come a time in which hockey folk say "Forsberg" and people will have to ask, 'which one?"

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Rinne with some key saves. Weber putting the team in a tough spot covering the puck in the blue ice. Forsberg with a great goal to win it. Fasth played well. Fun game.

Another painful night on the PP including Jones on that last one.

guess we'll see tomorrow if having both of us in the building will get the PP going...

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA
Congrats on the W. Absolutely loving watching the team play under Laviolette. Of the 10 or so games I have watched this season, last night was not great, but they were due for an "off" night.
And to pull out a win anyway.......
As posters are saying, Pekka is the majority of the reason for the win, as well as Forsberg goal. Looking at the boxscore, I can't help but wonder......if Trotz was coaching last night, Forsberg probably would not have been on the ice to score the goal ( as he had 4 GVA) in regulation. Hell, he may not even be dressed for many games this season for turning pucks over entering the zone etc. Instead, he is being allowed to develop and play his style with confidence. It will be fun to continue to watch him develop.
Can't help but wonder what kind of player Legwand would have been if allowed to play a more creative style of play? Being drafted that high, you know he had it in him .
Anyway, fun to see you at the top of the confernce and having success!

gratefulpred

Eternal Optimist
Jun 27, 2011
Almo Heights, KY
Fun game to be at, crowd was actually into it despite the fact no one was scoring

I got to pull the Fanboy daily double and be on both TV (A buddy texted me the screen shot...big brother is always watching) and the Jumbotron...guess having the turkey hat on will do that. We play on Thanksgiving next year, I'll be the guy with the turkey hat with a scout Preds Scout Night patch sewn on it.

I love this team!

Go Preds!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Boy we really sucked.

But Edmonton played hard, they were really attacking from the start.

Thank goodness for Rinne, he saved the team's butt a number of times.

And Forsberg is just plain awesome!

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!

I agree on all points. I was surprised by how well the Oilers played. I was also surprised and pleased that Nashville played poorly and still won the game.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
At this rate, Forsberg is going to be a legit superstar, not some Bobby Ryan wannabe-superstar :P

Ok, I'll admit the name that actually came to mind was Datsyuk, but I couldn't actually bring myself to say that, so I went with someone second-tier. But I agree, my revision was probably too low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad