GDT: TURKEY DAY EDITION: Edmonton Oilers vs. YOUR NASHVILLE PREDATORS 7 PM CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net

BREAKING NEWS: MIKE FISHER IS BACK TONIGHT!!!

BARE (TURKEY) BONES EDITION, TAKE FOUR!

WHO: Your NASHVILLE PREDATORS host the Edmonton Oilers - on THANKSGIVING NIGHT!
WHAT: Hockey at the Bridge! And it's also...

• THANKSGIVING NIGHT!
  • Jack In The Box Student Rush Night!
  • Mystery Puck Night!
  • Admiral Akbar (no relation to Adzy) Night!
    Atrapitis.gif

WHEN: 7 PM CST
WHERE: 501 Broadway, Nashville, Tennessee
WHY: It's the only game in the NHL tonight! And, we have to keep up with the Blues! (Standings here) Oh, and because THEY already had their Thanksgiving.
HOW: There's radio (102.5 The Game), and on TV on Fox Sports-Tennessee, and SportsNet 360. You can also check things out via computer. (Full info: Pred TV Listings)

MORE INFO: Predators Gameday Info - and The Enemy's Info

Lines and such TBA. Your likely men between the pipes:

8471469.jpg

Pekka Rinne

VERSUS

8476839.jpg

Viktor Fasth
(NOTE: Apparently it IS Fasth in net. YMMV.)

Did I mention IT'S A TRAP?

aTeX6dyT4.gif

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

Last edited:

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Is anyone else having problems trying to get on Predators website? Has it been hacked too?

Go Predators

Predators 3
Oilers 2

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Is anyone else having problems trying to get on Predators website? Has it been hacked too?

Go Predators

Predators 3
Oilers 2

Nope no issues here.

Edit: Just saw this article on the main board

The websites of the Independent, the Daily Telegraph, OK magazine, the London Evening Standard and America’s National Hockey League have been “hacked” by the Syrian Electronic Army, the pro-Assad Syrian hacker group.

A portion of visitors to all those sites are presented with a blank screen and a javascript popup telling them “you have been hacked by the Syrian Electronic Army”. The group apparently exploited a fault with a content delivery network (CDN).

Blame fell on the ad network due to the sporadic nature of the outages, which are difficult to replicate and spread over a number of sites.

Such symptoms are common for attacks delivered through an ad or content delivery network, which serves third-party code across a number of websites.

http://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ic-army-hacks-independent-ok-magazine-and-nhl

Looks like the hacking is through the ads on the website therefore not everyone is seeing it.

Last edited:

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Wish I was going to be there but Moms shouldn't be alone on Thanksgiving. I'll be watching online in Indy. Hope for a solid win from the boys. And maybe a ppg.

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
Gonna go out on a limb and say that this unique mix of kids and vets seems less susceptible to the dreaded "trap game". While we've taken periods off this year, we've rarely taken games off. The Oil is a hot mess but they've had enough success against us to keep our guys on guard.

Since we're a "wanna-be" elite team and not actually an elite team, we're probably humble enough to not get over-confident or arrogant.

However, throw in the American holiday distraction, against a Canadian team, and it can add worry that normal home routines will give in to a more hectic Thursday for our boys.

That said, it's more important than most games for us to get a lead. Teams like the Oilers can quickly get that "here we go again" mentality when early adversity hits. Attitudes suck right now so all but the truly disciplined start packing it in. However, if they grab a lead and start buzzing around with their speed, they may see the opportunity to get the monkey off their back.

Given our 8-1-1 record at home, a road win in Smashville is a trophy for any team, especially a failing one on a long losing streak with the Canadian press all over their back sides.

So, score first and often.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Looks like Fisher is back tonight. He was skaing with Jokinen and Roy in morning skate. Guess that mean's Cullen will be scratched when IMO it should be Jokinen but 1st game back he may not be playing PK and they need Jokinen.

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If Cullen isn't injured, him being the odd man out is a little perplexing. I can't imagine he's going to be replaced on most nights.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Any time I hear the name Ben Scrivens, I think of this:

That's so funny. I hadn't seen that before.

Okay boys.
Focus.
Focus.
FOCUS

Stick to your pahsta routine (Josi promised you would!) No Triptophan and Dressing til tomorrow. Cotton Candy and JAM
are okay.

Go Preds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad